Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Michael Connelly
This topic is about Michael Connelly
Archive - General > Harry Bosch TV Pilot

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Veronica (last edited Feb 10, 2014 07:37AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) Has anyone seen the pilot for Bosch, based on Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series? It's part of Amazon's latest pilot season and apparently Mr. Connelly was very involved in the whole process. I've never read the books but I watched the pilot mainly because I'm a Titus Welliver fan. I'm just curious what people who have read the books think about it. I'm never a purist when it comes to book-to-movie/tv adaptations, myself.

message 2: by Bryan (new)

Bryan (bry422) | 5 comments I did watch it and I've read about 10 Bosch books. I thought it was pretty decent. I don't know how good, though, because I'd like to see a TV series based on the books, so my view is probably slanted.

Based on the pilot, it appears the first season will be based on City of Bones, assuming there is a first season.

message 3: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 6313 comments Veronica G. wrote: "Has anyone seen the pilot for Bosch, based on Michael Connelly's Harry Bosch series? It's part of Amazon's latest pilot season and apparently Mr. Connelly was very involved in the whole process. ..."

Thanks for the tip. I wil have to watch this.

message 4: by Ron (new)

Ron (ronb626) | 3734 comments I've read most of the Bosch books. And, I thought that Welliver nailed the part. Very impressive performance of a very popular literary figure. The whole show was very well done, in my opinion. I'll try to watch the series if/when it comes available.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 260 comments I enjoyed watching the pilot as well. Looking forward to more episodes.

message 6: by Donna (new)

Donna | 64 comments Sounds good. How gritty is it? Would this be something on prime time or more adult oriented stations ie HBO?

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 260 comments I did not think it was very gritty. Probably a 10 pm show due to language and subject matter. Part of it is dealing with Bosch on trial for wrongful shooting, and the rest was dealing with bones found and flashbacks on male on child abuse. Future episodes may be stronger. I read the book a long time ago and don't recall how violent it is. Worth a look just to see the view from Bosch's house alone.

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna | 64 comments Yeah, that would be worth a look.

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 601 comments Was there anything on when they plan on putting in on tv ?

☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎ | 601 comments Thanks Janet. I check that out.

message 11: by Leigh (new)

Leigh | 6313 comments ☼♎ Carmen ☼♎ wrote: "Was there anything on when they plan on putting in on tv ?"

It's going to be on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I...

message 12: by Helena (new)

Helena Greenfield | 61 comments I am certainly interested to see how well they manage to translate the character on screen. So far from the Pilot Welliver does seem to have Harry down pretty well. Looking forward to it. Hope they don't screw the story up.