Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5)
This topic is about Night of Cake & Puppets
Previous BRs - Authors; Q - T > Taylor, Laini: Night of Cake & Puppets [Daughter of Smoke & Bone #2.5] "Informal Buddy Read" ; Start Date: March 20, 2014

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

Moderators of NBRC | 30835 comments Mod
For those that love this world and cannot wait for the final installment - release date April - join us for a magical Night of Cake & Puppets
on the streets of Prague, with Zuzana and Mik.

What is a Buddy Read?

This is an "Informal Buddy Read"
An “Informal Buddy Read” doesn’t have a discussion leader and participants are asked to consider some generic questions when making comments about the book. An example is here.

Book Synopsis:
In Night of Cake & Puppets, Taylor brings to life a night only hinted at in the Daughter of Smoke & Bone trilogy—the magical first date of fan-favorites Zuzana and Mik. Told in alternating perspectives, it’s the perfect love story for fans of the series and new readers alike. Petite though she may be, Zuzana is not known for timidity. Her best friend, Karou, calls her “rabid fairy,” her “voodoo eyes” are said to freeze blood, and even her older brother fears her wrath. But when it comes to the simple matter of talking to Mik, or “Violin Boy,” her courage deserts her. Now, enough is enough. Zuzana is determined to meet him, and she has a fistful of magic and a plan. It’s a wonderfully elaborate treasure hunt of a plan that will take Mik all over Prague on a cold winter’s night before finally leading him to the treasure: herself! Violin Boy’s not going to know what hit him

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new) - added it

Moderators of NBRC | 30835 comments Mod
Reserved.

Renee (reneeconoulty) | 3309 comments Started this today. .... And finished it. What a fun read.

Sonia (darktalynn) | 10168 comments It is. Zuzana & Mik rock!!!!

I was reading this during new year's eve, so when midnight chimed in I was laughing my eyes out with Zuzana and Karou's text exchange.

message 5: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (vlangloisx3) Oo I can't wait to read this. don't know when I'll start on it, even though it's only around 100 pages

message 6: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen ⊰✿ | 14256 comments Mod
Here is a link to read the novella:

http://www.bestlibrary.net/book/Night...

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Oh man, thank you Karen! Reading it now.

message 8: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen ⊰✿ | 14256 comments Mod
I finally finished it. I know it is small, but took me a while to squeeze in the reading on my phone or laptop!

I thought it was a super cute story, but I really liked her use of language too. Quotes like:

"I want to do mysterious and improbable things alongside a fierce and beautiful girl who looks like a doll brought to life by a sorcerer."

"holy hell the chocolate is so intense and pure it should be named an element and given a spot on the periodic table. It would be Ch, which isn’t even taken"

And so many others - I just couldn't stop to highlight them all! I think she could certainly do a spin-off series with Zuze and Mik