Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Monday Puzzler > Monday Puzzler 2 10 14

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 665 comments “Got you!” She plucked what looked to be a large ball of fluff from among a clump of apples, then she tucked it to her ample bosom, sat, and swiveled—revealing a twin bundle of fluff in her other hand.
She saw him.
“Oh!” She rocked, then clutched both kitten in one hand, grabbing the branch just in time to keep from falling.
The kitten mewled piteously; HERO would have traded places, in a blink.
Eyes wide, skirts now trapped above her knees, she stared down at him. “What are you doing here?” He smiled, wolfishly. “I brought the basket, Josh is otherwise engaged.”
She narrowed her eyes at him---indeed, she came very close to scowling at him. “Well, since you’ve brought it, you may as well be useful.” She pointed to the lump of fur that had just discovered the toe of his boot. “They need to be collected and taken back indoors.” Setting down the basket, HERO scooped up the fluffball at his feet and slipped it in. Then he scanned the immediate area; once assured he was to about to commit murder, he stepped beneath the branch and reached up. “Give them here.”
That proved difficult, given she had to hold on to the branch at the same time. In the end, she placed one kitten in her lap and handed the other down, then handed the second down.
Returning to the basket, HERO hunkered down, sliding each kitten in without letting any out. At the edge of his vision, he caught a flash of fur and pounced. Stuffing the runaway into the basket, he asked, “How many are there?” “Nine, Here’s another.
Standing, he took receipt of a ginger fluffball. He added it to the collection. “Can a cat have nine?”
“Ruggles obviously believes so.”
Another came tumbling through the grass. He was ins9iutating it into the furry mewling pile writing inside the basket when he heard a twig snap.
“Oh, oh!”
He turned just in time to take a giant step and catch her as she tumbled from the branch. She landed in his arms in a jumble of velvet skirts. He hefted her up easily, and then juggled her into a more comfortable position.
It took two attempts before HEROINE managed to fill her lungs. “Th-thank you.” She stared at him, and wondered if there was something else she should say. He was carrying her as if she weighed no more than one of the kittens. His eyes were locked on hers; she couldn’t think.
Then those grey eyes darkened, turn stormy and turbulent. His gave shifted to her lips.
“I think,” he murmured, “that I deserve a reward.
He didn’t ask---he simply took. Bending his head, he set his lips to hers.
The first touch was a shock—his lips were cool, firm.

message 2: by Beebs (new)

Beebs (yvond) | 45 comments I liked this, one of my old faves :)

message 3: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 665 comments Beebs wrote: "I liked this, one of my old faves :)"

good to hear

message 4: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 320 comments I know I've read this -- might have to scout through the bookshelves to look for it!

message 5: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1894 comments Mod
It sounds familiar, but my memory isn't suggesting any titles:(

message 6: by Cheri (new)

Cheri (cvenable16) | 136 comments It sounds familiar. Can't wait to find out which one, if I haven't read it will add it to my "to be read".

message 7: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Pretty sure I have not read this!

message 8: by Ki (new)

Ki (kazamei) | 143 comments Eyahahaha!!! I have this on my shelf!!! I would have to say it is one of my Favorite!!!

message 9: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 665 comments Ki wrote: "Eyahahaha!!! I have this on my shelf!!! I would have to say it is one of my Favorite!!!"

Susan wrote: "Beebs wrote: "I liked this, one of my old faves :)"

good to hear"

Good story and astounding mystery!

message 10: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
This weeks Monday Puzzler is- All About Passion by Stephanie Laurens

message 11: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 665 comments I put the name and author in the solutions list was this the wrong place?

message 12: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2079 comments Mod
Yep. Put the answer here. You can certainly also put it there but if not I think Okie does...

message 13: by Okie (last edited Feb 13, 2014 07:50AM) (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2064 comments Mod
Yea, Susan, what Deb says. On Wednesday, I fill out the date, what the puzzler is, and by whom. Thanks so much.

message 14: by Susan (new)

Susan (shaydock) | 665 comments ok I was working way too hard