Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

ROWLING CONFIRMED DRAMIONE!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim This was too good a news! I had to share it...I don't know when it happened, I might be pathetically outdated but Rowling said:
I considered for a long time a romance
between Hermione and Draco. They're
both strong-minded people and
Hermione could have helped pull Draco
towards the light - been his saving grace - much like Lily was to Snape. However,
in the end, I thought it was too much of
a plot twist and decided that Ron was
her best match."
Wow! My OTP just got confirmed by the author herself!
Jo also said the reason Draco behaved so horribly toward Hermione was because he had a crush on her!! <3 *seriously hyperventilating*

Rachel Jackson Wow. Really? Did not expect that. Do you mind sharing the source?

AgCl this kinda reminds about Zuko and Katara sort of ,but Malfoy can be a bit wimpy, no Hermione deserved someone better not Ron, Harry or Draco.

beth Yes! I knew this would happen! DRAMIONE IS AWESOME. Not my OTP, but AWESOME!!!

Hana Iqbal wow,,,thatz really gr8!

message 6: by Feliks (new)

Feliks I can confirm.. y'all need to get a life.

Susy oh gosssshh but she also confirmed harmony though

Julia Simpson-Urrutia This is so interesting. Thank you!

Julia Simpson-Urrutia P.S. I am 56 and I still read children's books. Books ARE my life. So there.

Smiley I KNEW IT!!!! It was sooo obvious there was that underlining romance between them!! And @AgCl I totally agree that they remind be of Zuko and Zatara !!! I always thought that these two couples should have been!! :(

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Where is the source? I want to see it.

Sabreen You guys realize this is fiction, right? There are no facts of what happened and what didn't happen. I don't care if Rowling confirmed it. If it's not in the books, it's not a part of the storyline.

All this arguing about what's "real" or not takes the fun out of fanon. There are a million and one options of what could happen after you shut the last book. That's the beauty of fandom: it's up to your own imagination.

message 13: by Matthew (new) - added it

Matthew I'm skeptical, especially right after the Harry/Hermione revelation. A source would be nice.

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 10, 2014 10:50PM) (new)

Can you please share the source of this piece of information? it would be hugely appreciated!

message 15: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Narniagirl wrote: "Can you please share the source of this piece of information? it would be hugely appreciated!"

Matthew wrote: "I'm skeptical, especially right after the Harry/Hermione revelation. A source would be nice."

Meagan wrote: "Where is the source? I want to see it."

Rachel wrote: "Wow. Really? Did not expect that. Do you mind sharing the source?"

To you guys asking for a source: I just stumbled upon the piece of information and when I searched for a reliable source, I found that the interview was apparently 'deleted'. The only snippets of the interview are:
"Draco Malfoy had feelings for
Hermione throughout the Series, ever
since he laid eyes on her, however he was unable to show his feelings due to
Hermione's Muggle-Born heritage"
- J.K Rowling
And also:
“I considered for a long time a romance
between Hermione and Draco. They’re both strong-minded people and
Hermione could have helped pull Draco
towards the light - been his saving
grace. However, in the end, I thought it
was too much of a plot twist and
decided that Ron was her best match.” - J.K. Rowling
But you know what? I believe it as I think this is the kind of thing Jo would do especially after the Harmony scandal. Plus this thing is really old so...yeah #DramioneForever

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Um, Hermione is more strong-willed than that. I'm sorry, but I doubt that Hermione could fall for Malfoy after he called her a Mudblood. Snape was forgivable, he only used it once, when he was really embarrassed and stressed. Malfoy, however, insulted Hermione and her friends numerous times. Love-hate doesn't begin to scratch the surface.

Lizzie I prefer Ron and Hermione together to be honest. They are a cuter couple. But I always thought Draco was a douche towards her cuz he secretly had the hots for her.

message 18: by Matthew (new) - added it

Matthew When I said source, I meant a link or something slightly more tangible. It's very difficult to delete something from the Internet.

Samantha I love how J.K Rowling still shares her love for Harry Potter, however sometimes I wish she wouldn't share the what if's with her fans, I mean i'm a die hard fan, so obsessed with Harry Potter as i'm sure all of you are that are on here too, but the books are just amazing, and I think if Hermione did fall for Draco it would be too much like Lilly & Severus even though they never fell in love, it was Severus who loved Lilly, and I do believe Ron is right for Hermione because they balance each other out SO well, and as far as Ginny and Harry, she loved him from the very first hello, I don't believe there ever could have been a better fit for Harry himself even when he had that awful crush on Cho. Anyway back to J.K Rowling, I appreciate everything she has to say, and everything she has written and done for the Harry Potter world and fans, but this is just causing such a stir up!

Samantha Oh. p.s if any of you would like to become friends feel free to add me :)

Bugmenotdamnit I think is only an old rumor, I searched online and found only this

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Tal...

"Dramione

I have a suggestion for the Relationships:Draco Malfoy Category.

In a recent interview, J.K. Rowling said that Draco had strong positive feelings for Hermoine, and would always have "lingering" feelings. However, due to his upbringing, he was unable to act on those feelings, and instead made fun of her, gaining some attention that way.

However, for some reason I am unable to post this information, there being no "edit" button available, as I am a new user, and was hoping that someone else could, along with finding out which interview it was.

Thanks!!!!

02:25, August 23, 2011 (UTC) Mrs. di Angelo

Firstly, the article is protected so if you haven't had an account for a while you can't directly edit it, you may only suggests edits here until you've been around long enough. Secondly, I have never ever heard of JK Rowling once (across all HP related media) suggest that sort of relationship between Hermione and Draco. Of course, if you have a reference for this purported interview then I'd be all too happy to look over it and—if she did indeed confirm your statement—add the info but otherwise its just unfounded fanon that should not be added—Green Zubat (owl me!). 02:40, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

P.S. I have even double checked courtesy of accio-quote.org (which is a highly comprehensive and reliable source for all things JK, detailing almost every public, HP related comment she has ever made), which has returned no such confirmation of this rumoured interview. Its almost definitely fanon—Green Zubat (owl me!). 02:44, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

I can't find any references to an actual interview in which JKR revealed Draco had feelings for Hermione. Google results suggest it's an unfounded rumour started by Draco/Hermione shippers on Tumblr.

If it's a recent interview, though, Accio Quote! wouldn't be the place to look for it, because that site hasn't been updated much since 2007 (probably because JKR has been out of the public eye since the release of DH). ★ Starstuff (Owl me!) 02:56, August 23, 2011 (UTC)

Personally, that sounds like the most ridiculous rumor I've ever heard. Shippers can be really stupid sometimes. -HoboHunter28- (Leave me an owl!) 03:15, August 23, 2011 (UTC) "

Benja Fake.

Sparrowlicious I don't care. Everything that's not in the final draft = not canon.

You can still ship whatever you want of course. Shipping is nice, unless it becomes a shipping war.

Paige Yin -squealssssssss-
dramioneeeeee!!!
I so wish they could happen! they are my OTPs tooooooo! -very much the reason I ship scorose so so so so so so hard!

-goes to a corner and die in feels-

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh great, are we going to have Team Harry, Team Ron, and Team Draco now?

message 26: by sim (new) - rated it 5 stars

sim Paige wrote: "-squealssssssss-
dramioneeeeee!!!
I so wish they could happen! they are my OTPs tooooooo! -very much the reason I ship scorose so so so so so so hard!

-goes to a corner and die in feels-"

You took the words right out of my mouth. Even I love Scorose AND Dramione but apparently you're not allowed to ship Dramione if you ship Scorose by fandom rules so I usually don't say I ship Scorose AND Dramione in one sentence :/

Paige Yin Nightlock wrote: "You took the words right out of my mouth. Even I love Scorose AND Dramione but apparently you're not allowed to ship Dramione if you ship Scorose by fandom rules so I usually don't say I ship Scorose AND Dramione in one sentence :/ "

LOL! Well, can't deny the feeling of your heart, who you ship, what you like, even if a rule is in place you still feel like doing it. But to me, yes, since Dramione never happen, I ship Scorose. It's simple as them being right for one another.

Tedders While the idea of being my ship being winked at makes me giddy I have to remind myself that this is J.K. and she isn't very reliable. She has endorsed several ALTpairings in interviews, so I trust her as far as I can throw her.

Not that I've ever cared about canon.

Tedders Sparrowlicious wrote: "I don't care. Everything that's not in the final draft = not canon."

Dumbledore being gay didn't make it into the final draft, but that is still treated like canon. just saying.

Benja The only "confirmed" (no source) thing is that the author thought it was a bad idea.

Bipasha Nightlock wrote: "This was too good a news! I had to share it...I don't know when it happened, I might be pathetically outdated but Rowling said:
between Hermione and Draco. ..."

i share your hyperventilating fit. i do.

message 32: by Ella (new)

Ella Wow. I would've actually liked to see this happen... Plot twist!

message 33: by Ella (new)

Ella Brooke wrote: "Oh great, are we going to have Team Harry, Team Ron, and Team Draco now?"

Ha. Another love triangle... *sigh* Well, it's more like a love square... Or a love rectangle... You get the point...

message 34: by . (new) - rated it 5 stars

. I'm pretty sure this is a fake rumour because I swear I remember reading or watching an interview where JK says that she's saddened whenever people love Draco because she doesn't regard him as a lovable character. So I doubt she would ever put her with Hermione since she, of course, loves Hermione. Whether or not he had some sort of crush on her .. Who knows. The Starkid/AVPM group seem to think Draco had a thing for her lmao.

Sabreen Sparrowlicious wrote: "I don't care. Everything that's not in the final draft = not canon.

You can still ship whatever you want of course. Shipping is nice, unless it becomes a shipping war."

This times a million. Thank you, Sparrowlicious.

message 36: by Sabreen (last edited Feb 15, 2014 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sabreen Chrissy wrote: Dumbledore being gay didn't make it into the final draft, but that is still treated like canon. just saying.

Just because some people treat things like canon, doesn't mean others do. It's a matter of personal opinion and I think the fandom needs to respect that.

IMHO, if something didn't make it to canon, there's a pretty good reason why. Dramione would ruin the plot, as would Harmione. And if JKR had made Dumbledore canonically gay, right-wing conservatives would've thrown a huge hissy fit.

So we've gotta settle with fanon and head-canons to satisfy the rest-- the background romances, the stuff that was too dark and/or controversial to include in a children's book.

message 37: by Lina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lina OMG really?! Finallyyyyy!

Esther Bae I really don't like Ron. For Some Reasons I like the fanfics where Ron is alone. Well he used to be married to Hermione, but Ron cheats on her multiple times so they divorce and it becomes Dramione. But I guess the book was meant to be. It's all past.

Margarita I thought she said that Harry and Hermonie would have been the better picked because they got along so well. And that Ron and Hermonie would have ended up divorcing each other! But like you said, I always felt like Draco had a secret crush on Hermoine.

message 40: by Mercedes (new)

Mercedes Schneider Sparrowlicious wrote: "I don't care. Everything that's not in the final draft = not canon.

You can still ship whatever you want of course. Shipping is nice, unless it becomes a shipping war."

I completely agree with the second part of your comment but I just wanted to make a note to anyone who sees this that just because something isn't in the books doesn't mean it isn't canon. For example, anything J. K. Rowling puts on Pottermore. There is a lot of things in her head she didn't put in the books.

message 41: by Torrent56 (new)

Torrent56 I am genuinely curious to know where and when did that quote from Rowling on Dramione come from as I could not find it in any of the sites containing Rowling’s interviews. Could someone please give me the link?

message 42: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Powers Nightlock wrote: "This was too good a news! I had to share it...I don't know when it happened, I might be pathetically outdated but Rowling said:
between Hermione and Draco. ..."

*gasp* I SHIP IT SO HARD OMG OTP FOREVER

message 43: by Torrent56 (new)

Torrent56 No actually this quote is just a lie spread by the Tumblr machine. Rowling never said it and she is actually appalled at Dramione.

message 44: by Esha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Esha Torrent56 wrote: "No actually this quote is just a lie spread by the Tumblr machine. Rowling never said it and she is actually appalled at Dramione."

Exactly! Thank you!

message 45: by Niti (new) - rated it 5 stars

Niti I think that Dramione is a really interesting ship because it relates so much to Lily and Snape. Both Snape and Draco didn't know how to treat a girl when they liked her and just how to become a likable guy.

Samantha Although I have yet to find where she finds the idea of hermione and Draco appalling, I have found a site that gives you a little more insight to her idea of fans liking Draco.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/ha...

message 47: by Torrent56 (new)

Torrent56 No problem Esha!

@Esther Good. Nice to see that you hate the character who gets in the way of your ship and then you have to read fanfics that make him horribly OOC just so you can have your imaginary ship. This is just what I expected.

@Margarita Harry and Hermione doesn't get along that well with each other when Ron isn't around. and Ron and Hermione wouldn't divorce. Case closed.

This ship is completely with different Lily and Snape for the simple reason that Lily and Snape were friends for a long time. Couldn't people see the difference?

Here are Rowling's actual comments on Dramione. The interview took place before HBP was released. Link: http://www.accio-quote.org/articles/2...

Chibimono: Do you have any future plans in particular for Draco Malfoy?
JK Rowling replies -> I've got plans for all my characters. Actually, this is a really good place to answer a question about Draco and Hermione, which a certain Ms. Radcliffe is desperate to have answered. Will they end up together in book six/seven? NO! The trouble is, of course, that girls fancy Tom Felton, but Draco is NOT Tom Felton! (My daughter likes TF very much too, because he taught her how to use a diablo)

This is a real quote, not a fabrication.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

This is sooooo awesome!!!!
omg!!!! I knew it!!!
But still, Ron is one of my favorites sooooo you know I like him with Hermione.
But I do like the idea of Dramione too!!!!!

Celeste I think J.K considered all pairings Hermione-Draco, Harry, Ron, Neville etc and decided she liked Ron best.

I love Draco, I've always had a soft spot for the baddie of the story.

Miracles Exist AgCl wrote: "this kinda reminds about Zuko and Katara sort of ,but Malfoy can be a bit wimpy, no Hermione deserved someone better not Ron, Harry or Draco."

HAHA XD I used to think Zutara FTW but Aang is just too darned cute :)

« previous 1