Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Paranormal Romance > Looking for young adult series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nattles (new)

Nattles | 7 comments I read a few years ago a young adult series but cannot remember the titles or author.

It's set in a boarding school (possibly in Boston or chicago). The main female character I believe is sent to the school when her parents go overseas for work.

I don't think she is aware of the paranormal but soon discovers things aren't what they seem. And then discovers she has magic.

I remember that she ends up joining some kind of group which her roommate is a part of and they fight evil (vampires and others).

I get the feeling there were 4 - 6 books in the series and the author also wrote another series which I think was more popular and about vampires.

Does any of what I've written ring a bell?

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments I have read this book and i tihnk you mean the dark elite series the first book is Firespell (Dark Elite, #1) by Chloe Neill

message 3: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments ohh and the author is chloe neil who is the author of the popular chicagoland vampires series :D

message 4: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 216 comments Are you by chance thinking of P.C. Cast's House of Night series? The first book in the series is Marked.

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 43 comments nah marked they know abt vampires for sure she emans the book i mean it all fits thats exactly what the book is about and the author does have a diff series more popular so im certain she emans dark elite series

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Firespell (other topics)
Marked (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

P.C. Cast (other topics)