YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

BUDDY READ: Dystopian/Sci-Fi > Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1) by Kasie West - Restarting May 5th 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments Description: "Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without."

I'm reading this with Steph, but anyone is welcomed to join us :) .

message 2: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I cant wait to read it!

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments Hey Steph, I've started reading this. Finished the first 3 chapters. :)
So far it's a pretty easy read, I'm hoping it will get more complex in the next chapters. Also, she has to re-live all the splits she sees... that must be tiring...

message 4: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Hello, Sorry i had a busy day yesterday and couldnt get the book started, but I will be starting soon. Sorry again..

message 5: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments No worry, I'm still at ch 3. I was busy reading something else. I'll let you set the pace. Read as much as you like/want/can and I'll catch up to you tomorrow :) .

message 6: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I just got to chapter 3. I will just read a couple more chapters before i quit for the day and get some work done around the house.

Its good so far. I was confused at first but i reread the description again. Im not sure i could handle having the ability seeing the future and reliving everything.
:)

message 7: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I am almost done with this book. Its pretty good. It is weird though with how it goes back and forth. but i guess thats the point.

How do you like it?

message 8: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments Wow, you're fast! I'm only at chapter 11. My enjoyment level right now is somewhere in between. I'm really curious how she'll adapt to her new life with the norms so all the switching to her other life is a little annoying.
I don't understand why both her love interests need to be football players. Really, athletes in books are overrated. They might look good, but they usually have small brains.

message 9: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I had alot of free time yesterday so i just read the book.
I dont understand the whole football players as love interest either. Atleast Trevor is different, i seem to like him better than Duke.
I wonder what life she will choose. i guess we wont find out till the end.

message 10: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments I don't think the end is going to be that simple. Her choosing a life and just going with it. She seems to have a lot on her hand right now.
Also, is it just me or (view spoiler)

I'm at chapter 30. Will finish this book tomorrow.
So far the story is pretty average and a little predictable. Also, very simplistic in writing style, not un-enjoyable though. :)

message 11: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments I am totally wanting her to end up with Trevor. He seems like a good guy and his friend even said he has been better when she is around. So we will see. Ill have this book finished tomorrow.
Im going on a trip so ill have enough time to read during the car ride.
I may have to start the next book in the series after im done if you wanna join me on that one.

It's a very simple read. Wish it didnt go back and forth so much.

message 12: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments "It's a very simple read. Wish it didnt go back and forth so much."
My feeling as well. Depending on the ending I might join you for the second book . :)

message 13: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments Wow, I was not expecting that:
(view spoiler)

All in all, it was a nice quick read. Nothing spectacular, but I did like it and want to read the second book with you. Whenever you are ready >.O.

message 14: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Just finished! it was a good read. maybe she will get with trevor in the next book.

Im ready whenever you are.

message 15: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments How about 8th of march for the second book?

message 16: by Steph (new)

Steph Johnson (stephjhnsn) | 33 comments Sounds good!

message 17: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1951 comments Here is the topic: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Hope I won't be disappointed :) .

message 18: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84148 comments Mod
**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥

Date Changed. Restarting July 19th 2014. Happy Reading ☺

♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments Can't wait to read this book!

message 20: by Trinity (new)

Trinity I would love to read this book with you guys!

message 21: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84148 comments Mod
****************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Date Changed. Restarting August 1st 2014. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 22: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 2367 comments Thanks

message 23: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments I'll read this one on July 19th :)

message 24: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments I'm reading it on July 19th aswell :)

message 25: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments I'm joining! :)

message 26: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Chapter 5
(view spoiler)

message 27: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments I'll join you guys tomorrow :)

message 28: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Chapter 11
(view spoiler)

message 29: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

message 30: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Just starting now.

message 31: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Chapter 3-4 (view spoiler)

message 32: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 1 - (view spoiler)

message 33: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 2-3 - (view spoiler)

message 34: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Rachelle wrote: "Chapter 3-4 [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 9 - (view spoiler)

message 36: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 13 - (view spoiler)

message 37: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 16 - (view spoiler)

message 38: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments 60% - (view spoiler)

message 39: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 30 - (view spoiler)

message 40: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Chapter 30 - (view spoiler)

message 41: by Kate (last edited Jul 20, 2014 03:00AM) (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Chapter 21
(view spoiler)

Chapter 31
(view spoiler)

message 42: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Finished! - (view spoiler)

message 43: by Kate (new)

Kate ★ (spillsandspoils) | 1004 comments Margarita wrote: "Finished! - Wow this was such an exhilarating book. Gah. I feel like i'm a crazy person because i just shout OMG everytime something happened. This was so intense!

I have questions though. So how..."

I was wondering about the same thing!! :) (view spoiler)

message 44: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Haha. Yeah! (view spoiler)

message 45: by Marga (new)

Marga  (margaraawr) | 1587 comments Hey Kate! Are you planning to read the second book? Let's read it!

message 46: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

message 47: by Marie (new)

Marie | 818 comments Chapter 9
(view spoiler)

message 48: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Chapter 13 (view spoiler)

message 49: by Rachelle (last edited Jul 20, 2014 12:07PM) (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

message 50: by Rachelle (new)

Rachelle | 429 comments Chapter 20 (view spoiler)

« previous 1