♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

Authors - wanna discuss? > One dead author you'd like to meet!

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Share them here! For me, it would be - Jane Austen and Emily Bronte!:)

And yours?

Hajarath Prasad Abburu (hajarath) | 2833 comments Ayn Rand, Frederick Nietzsche and Aristotle!

message 3: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne Edgar Allen Poe

message 4: by John (new)

John Burnett | 6 comments My choice would be Mark Twain. He was ahead of his time in presenting stories that were simple on the surface but exposed a lot of political and social evils in society. He had a sense of humor and unique insight but never preached.

message 5: by Surabhi (new)

Surabhi (surabhis) I would like to meet Jerome K. Jerome Going by his books,he looks like he must have been a very funny guy.It would be really cool to hang out with him :)

NikhilTheReader Napoleon Hill ( The author of 'Think And Grow Rich' ). I've recommend this book to many people. A must read book for everyone.

Em*bedded-in-books* (embeddedinbooks) PG Wodehouse
if he refuses to meet me, then,
Agatha Christie.
I want to meet R K Narayan too...

message 8: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Smitha wrote: "PG Wodehouse
if he refuses to meet me, then,
Agatha Christie.
I want to meet R K Narayan too..."

I wanna meet Agatha Christe too...

message 9: by Srividya (new)

Srividya Vijapure (theinkedmermaid) PG Wodehouse (Smitha I totally agree with you) :)
Nevil Shute
Agatha Christie
Charles Dickens
Ayn Rand

message 10: by Mohib (new)

Mohib | 59 comments Ruskin bond!
actually he is alive but he is 60 approximately!
so you never know!

message 11: by Sheetal (new)

Sheetal Dash (sheetalsdash) | 64 comments I always wanted to meet that wonderful woman called Agatha Christie. Soo surprised as well as happy to know that many others want to meet her too.

Colleen ~ The Clever Girl from Gallifrey (clevergirlfromgallifrey) John Steinbeck! Such an amazing writer. I am always amazed at the passion he writes with and the brutal honesty he gives in his writing.

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary At the moment I go with Kafka. Ask him about his unfinished books and also see his reaction once he finds out that all his work has been published even though he told his best friend to just burn everything.

message 14: by Chaitalee (new)

Chaitalee Ghosalkar Arthur Canon Doyle...without doubt!

message 15: by Thomas (last edited Dec 04, 2014 09:07PM) (new)

Thomas | 63 comments Eva Ibbotson.
I just loves her book, classic yet adventurous.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Charles Dickens. Also, Jane Austen would be neat.

message 17: by Ashish (new)

Ashish (ashish_verma) | 3 comments The man who rocked the action-thriller and espionage world in just 14 books, Vince Flynn. RIP Vince

message 18: by Sunaina (new)

Sunaina (childofchai) | 231 comments jane austen, dante, harper lee, o henry and oscar wilde

message 19: by Angel (new)

Angel | 27 comments Ralph Waldo Emerson

message 20: by Annette (new)

Annette mathews (annettesara) | 212 comments R K Narayan
Jane Austen
Charlotte Bronte

message 21: by sajan mishra (new)

sajan mishra | 1 comments Douglas adams

message 22: by Lauren ❤︎ (new)

Lauren ❤︎ Barbra park

message 23: by Angel (new)

Angel | 27 comments Ralph Waldo Emerson

message 24: by Madhu (new)

Madhu (Madhu LovesBooks) (madhu_lovesbooks) | 72 comments Sidney Sheldon,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,Jane Austen:)

message 25: by Rich (last edited Feb 14, 2016 09:16AM) (new)

Rich Goscicki | 4 comments No doubt in my mind: Franz Kafka. I'd love to tell him how right he was having written in the early '20s. His main supposition was the insignificance of the individual in the eyes of the state.

You think you're living in a free country. Try breaking the law over something trivial and insignificant, like that black kid that crossed a solid white line in Texas. That's when you learn what the state really thinks of you.

Read my "DUI Story" in my "Pot Stories". I wrote it from the eyes of K. The man helped bring on the existentialist movement and absurdism. Life is surreal.

https://paddle8.com/work/rene-magritt...

http://www.amazon.com/Stories-Humanis...

message 26: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Madhu wrote: "Sidney Sheldon,Sir Arthur Conan Doyle,Jane Austen:)"

Agree with your choices :))

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Agreed - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Jane Austen, as well as C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, Bram Stoker and last but not at all least, Johanna Spyri.

message 28: by Tina (new)

Tina Edgar Allen Poe and Abraham Lincoln( a great writer for never having gone to school!!)

message 29: by Rich (new)

Rich Goscicki | 4 comments Tina wrote: "Edgar Allen Poe and Abraham Lincoln( a great writer for never having gone to school!!)"

You have to admit Lincoln said something that was dead WRONG. As wrong as Neville Chamberlin who declared "There will be peace in our time" when he returned from the Agreement of Munich.

As wrong as the record company owner who told Elvis Presley to "Go back to Tennessee and get a job driving a truck."

The beginning of the Gettysburg Address starts with "What we say here will not long be remembered." Now as wrong as can be.

message 31: by Phani (new)

Phani Raj (phaniraj) | 78 comments Carl Sagan.

Not just because he is an author, but also because he is a great humanist, visionary, and lively.

message 32: by Crystal (new)

Crystal C.S. Lewis (want to talk about his book Mere Christianity which I've yet to read but want to.)
Catherine Marshall
Laura Ingalls Wilder
Louisa May Alcott
L. M. Montgomery
John keats

message 33: by Juli (new)

Juli (juliwy) Agatha Christie

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

CARLSAGAN - YES @ Phani Raj

And Edgar Allen Poe too @Tina

message 35: by Maka (new)

Maka | 6 comments Ray Bradbury

message 36: by D.C. (new)

D.C. Triana (dctriana) | 8 comments Gabriel Garcia Marquez

message 37: by Danielle's Books (new)

Danielle's Books (daniellesbooks) Charles Dickens!!

message 38: by B.B. (new)

B.B. Shepherd (bbshepherd) | 12 comments I'd love to interview Jane Austen :)

message 40: by Sharadha (new)

Sharadha Jayaraman (jayaras) | 10 comments A couple of them - Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen and George Orwell for starters :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Edgar Allan Poe, for sure. And Mary Shelley.

message 42: by Ashish (new)

Ashish Gautam (gautam_ashish) | 1 comments Agatha Christie .