What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Above World (Above World, #1)
This topic is about Above World
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Young adult fiction about a girl from an underwater civilization [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kc (new)

Kc | 3 comments I read this book by downloading it from my library when I was home sick, stuck in bed and I'm dying to remember it is that I can read it again!
It's about a girl who lives in a city under water. Humans had to group off into separate nations(?) by area. Some live under the sea and have a special device shaped like a shell implanted at the base of their throat to allow them to breathe. The girl has to leave her underwater home to help her world. She finds people/things that live on the beach that attack her. She finds people that live in the mountains that have wings that let her stay with them for a while but she has to escape when they're attacked. SPOILER ALERT: in the end she finds a mad scientist has created these mutants and his wife was the one who created the girls underwater world.
That's a bad description, I know, I was sick that day and the details are a little fuzzy. One more thing: I distinctly remember a cover that was a picture under the sea with a large spiral/shell.

Thanks for your help!

message 2: by Kagama-the Literaturevixen (last edited Feb 09, 2014 11:09PM) (new)

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 602 comments This the second book in a series but the mc is a boy.M

Rip Tide

message 3: by Kc (new)

Kc | 3 comments Unfortunately that is not the one. It is definitely a female main character and she leaves the ocean.

message 4: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments Aboveworld by Jenn Reese. I read it last year and it is exactly what you are looking for. She and her friend go on land to find a way to save her people because the shell devices are starting to not work. Plus there is a group of bird people that help them and some deep water shark people.

message 5: by J. (new) - rated it 4 stars

J. (mamalaoshi) | 56 comments The second book is out now and the third is to be released in April this year.

message 6: by Kc (new)

Kc | 3 comments That's it!!! Thank you so much!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Rip Tide (other topics)