What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

33 Snowfish
This topic is about 33 Snowfish
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Teen book about a trouble boy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new) - added it

Cassandra (c_xo) | 5 comments I can't remember the name of this book. I read it a couple of years ago. I can't remember much about it. I think the main character was a boy. I remember at the beginning of the book he was talking about his "gat", as in his gun. He also was saying something about "the clap" Idk if he was running away or something. Idk if I'm making this up because of the gun part or if it really did happen, but he killed somebody. I also remember he eventually was with this girl. There was also a scene where I think they were at a hotel or something. I think they found a baby or it was the girls baby brother. They put the baby in a broken Tv. The glass broke or something & they put the baby in there as if it were a baby carrier. I also remember this other scene were they take refugee in an old school bus. There's a snow storm going on. I think the boy leaves the girl and the baby and he goes out in the snow. I can't remember anything else. Maybe I'm confusing it with another book but I think the cover of the book had snowflakes and those little fishes you draw. You know those doodle ones that look like a number 8. I think they reference them in the book too. Omg ahh! I know it's not much, but I hope somebody can recognize any of the above from a book and comment so I can check it out & see if it's the book I'm reffering too.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
How long ago was "a couple of years"? 2, 3,5? Was this dystopian? What kind of book was it if not dystopian?

message 3: by Andria (last edited Feb 11, 2014 01:12PM) (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Your description of the cover made me think of 33 Snowfish -- I haven't read it but the description sort of fits.

33 Snowfish by Adam Rapp

ETA: I just pulled the book off the shelf and the first sentence is: "On top of everything else, Boobie's got the clap." So I think this might be it.

message 4: by Cassandra (new) - added it

Cassandra (c_xo) | 5 comments OMG!! YES!!!! :D thank youu sooo muchhh!!!! I have been searching for this book FOR-EVEEEER!! Thank you thank you thank youu!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

33 Snowfish (other topics)