Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
The Archives > The Great Hall // Main Dance Area

Comments Showing 1-50 of 592 (592 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Holly, Former Head Mod, super cool nerd (last edited Feb 12, 2014 11:04AM) (new)

Holly (peachylee20) | 2315 comments Mod
The Great Hall was dimly lit by innumerable, floating candlesticks, which drifted above the heads of twirling figures. The candlelight flickered, casting wavering shadows along the stone walls. The ceiling of the Great Hall reflected a clear evening sky. Stars flickered and the full moon shone brightly on the Great Hall, providing slight illumination.

A large crowd of students mulled around the dance floor, making it difficult for one to navigate their way through the packed space. Heat rose amid the mass of bodies, which were pressed tightly together.

A photographer stood behind his tripod and camera, snapping pictures of the couples as they entered the Great Hall, his camera giving off blue smoke with every picture he took.

A band played softly in the background. They could be seen on a raised platform against the far wall above the heads of the crowd. A lively conducted flourished his baton animatedly, keeping the instrumentalists on track. The music was light and airy with a slow tempo. Against the opposite wall, the Weird Sisters were preparing to perform. Cords were unraveled, guitars tuned, and sound systems checked. They would be making a debut later on in the evening.

The dance floor occupied the center and main portion of the Great Hall, where the mass of bodies moved as one. A wooden table had been placed near the entrance of the Great Hall with designated seats for the Hogwarts teachers and staff. Surrounding the dance floor were small, round tables set for two. Two ornate chairs sat at each place. A single candle burned in the center of each table, which was surrounded by a small circle of flowers. The white, linen tablecloths were starched and pressed, the folds standing out in the dim lighting. A menu was laid on each crystal plate. On the cover of each menu were the words: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry School Valentine's Day Dance, 2014. The inside cover of each menu contained instructions on ordering a meal. One must merely speak aloud the drink or meal which they would like to order. In several moments, a house elf would be at their table with their food and drinks.

A drink table was set up adjacent to the staff table, providing an abundant supply of punch, Firewhiskey, Butterbeer, and other common drinks. Students could either speak the name of the drink they wished, or serve themselves.

Couples twirled around the dance floor, enjoyed candlelit dinners, and departed for carriages for more privacy. Laughter and conversations filled the Great Hall as friends chatted enthusiastically. Cool air drifted through the doors of the Great Hall, which had been thrown open.

The Menu

Drinks
•Berry Ocky Rot
•Brandy
•Butterbeer
•Champagne
•Daisyroot Draught
•Dragon's Milk
•Exploding Lemonade
•Firewhiskey
•Fruit Punch
•Gillywater
•Gryffindor Shot
•Hufflepuff Shot
•Mead
•Pumpkin Juice
•Ravenclaw Shot
•Slytherin Shot
•Squirt
•Wine - White or Red

Appetizers
•Caesar Salad
•Fruit Salad
•French Onion Soup
•Toss Salad
•Wedge Salad

Appetizers for Two
•Caesar Salad
•Cockroach Clusters
•Dragon Soap
•Loaf of Bread
•Toss Salad

Sides
•Baked Potato
•Biscuit

Sides for Two
•Greenbean Casserole
•Mashed Potatoes

Entrées
•BLT
•Chicken Pot Pie
•Meat Pie
•Pork Chops
•Steak

Entrées for Two
•Dragon Tartare
•Lasagna
•Pork Chops
•Vegetable Lasagna

Desserts
•Apple Tart
•Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
•Blue Ice Cream
•Chocolate Pumpkins
•Jello
•Meringue

Desserts for Two
•Apple Pie
•Chocolate Cake
•Lemon Cheesecake
•No-Melt Ice Cream
•Pudding
•Rhubarb Crumble
•Treacle Tart

message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Demesius entered, waiting for Elissa.

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Firic, Decyphus, and Nico entered, followed by Ryther and Flutter, holding hands. They worked their way through the wave of people. "Want something to drink?" Ryther asked Flutter. "Sure, just get whatever looks good." Flutter smiled, watching Ryther sqelueeze past the crowd. Flutter sat down, then saw Ash, alone. She went up to Ash. "Hi. I'm Flutter. Are you waiting for someone?" She asked.
(((Did you walk up to one of my characters? Because I'll cont. rping then)))

message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Well hi. I'm here with Ryther, but I also like to meet new people at dances, also. Well, I new most people at Beaxboutons, but that was before I transferred here...." Flutter trailed off, embarrassed about her ranting.

message 5: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "So. are you new here?" Flutter asked.

message 6: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments Amy stuck her head around the doorway, shy for the first time. Her blue eyes glinted with excitement, and she scanned the room for Sky and Firic. Sky wasn't here yet, but Firic was in the corner with his friends. Taking a deep, steadying breath, she stepped into the room. Taking the same deep breaths, she walked uncertainly towards a chair. Her dark blue dress shimmered all around her, making her eyes vibrant. Her orange hair was half-up, the ends slightly curly. Her cheeks were flushed with nervousness, and she sat down, waiting for Sky. But then Firic started walking towards her, and she hoped he wouldn't ask her to dance. She barely knew him! Groaning internally, she stood up and met him halfway. Best case scenario: small talk until Sky rescued her.
Worst case scenario: dancing.

message 7: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Hi Amy. I love your dress!" He complimented. "Sky will probably be here soon, she's late a lot." Firic said, noticing Amy's nervousness. "Would like something to drink?" Firic asked.

message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments (((is your character))

message 9: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments All of Amy's worries were put to rest. "Hi Firic! Nice tux." She straightened his horribly crooked bowtie, laughing. "She told me it would take her awhile to get ready - I'm just unusually quick for a girl. I'd love some pumpkin juice, if you'd mind." He smiled, and she was no longer intimidated.

message 10: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments Elissa walked in, smiling nervously and gripping the sides of her dress, which was a pale blue and went to the floor. It floated around the bottom of the floor and she wore a white shrug on her shoulders. Elissa's smile turned real as she saw Demesius enter. "Hey!" she said.

message 11: by Flannery (new)

Flannery Flannery danced happily by herself.

message 12: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments Evie closed her eyes and counted to ten before taking a deep breath and opening the door. She slowly scanned the room, looking for Nico.

message 13: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments As Firic left to go get Pumpkin Juice, Amy people-watched happily. Sky appeared in the doorway.

message 14: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments ((It's alright!))
"Well, I'm new this year, too. Came from Beaxboutons." Flutter sighed.
Nico spotted Evie. "Hello." He said. "You look nice." What a stupid thing to say! He thought. "Wanna dance?" He asked Evie.
Sky spotted Amy and Decyphis. "Why hello!" She shouted over the noise. "Where's Firic?" She asked, noticing his absence.

message 15: by Xandra (last edited Feb 12, 2014 04:53PM) (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments "Hey, Nico. Not so bad looking yourself. A bit hard to spot though, with all the guys in tuxes... Show some creativity next time," Evie laughed nervously. She felt her cheeks flush pink with the compliment.

message 16: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments Elissa poured herself some punch, careful not to spill on herself.

message 17: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments Amy grinned at her friend. "Getting pumpkin juice!" She yelled back. "Want to sit with me?"

message 18: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments ((Its ok! Amy wasn't talking to Evie, don't worry. :) ))

message 19: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments ((okay sorry I'm new to this so I never know whether people read anything I RP'd and i get really confused))

message 20: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments ((Don't worry! I'm new too - it is a bit confusing. :) ))

message 21: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments Elissa sat down at a small table, guessing Demesius was busy and didn't feel like talking. She sipped her punch.

message 22: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments ((Yeah, every conversation I'm gonna make a new post so it's less confuzzling))

message 23: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments ((Good idea!))

message 24: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Yeah, dress robes look horrible on me, so I didn't really have a choice." Nico said, nervous himself.

message 25: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Demisius was so nervous. "So Elissa. How did Quidditch practice go?" He asked.

message 26: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments ((definitely makes sense. Need to remind myself to refresh like every five seconds to make sure that i did not miss any interactions with my character))

message 27: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments Elissa smiled. "I fell on my bottom at least 50 times, but it was fun." she said.

message 28: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Xander didn't have a date, but he saw Ash sitting all alone. Walking up to her, he introduced himself. "Hi, I'm Xander. Would you like to dance?" He asked.

message 29: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments Evie smiled. "Don't be so hard on yourself. I think you would have looked marvelous either way."

message 30: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Well, at least it was fun." Demisius smiled. "Wanna dance?"

message 31: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Sure!" Sky called to Amy.

message 32: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments Amy saw Firic walking towards her and Sky with the pumpkin juice.

message 33: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Wanna dance Evie?" Nico asked.

message 34: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments Elissa took a deep breath. "Sure, but I have two left feet and a lot of sore muscles." she said, "So watch your toes."

message 35: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Here ya go!" Firic said, handing Amy her pumpkin juice. Decyphis was right behind him, grinning.

message 36: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments Evie nodded silently as she followed Nico onto the dance floor. She did not want to seem overly excited, even though that was the emotion she was feeling at the time.

message 37: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "That's fine. I'm not a very good dancer myself." Demesius said, leading Elissa to the dance floor.

message 38: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Suddenly, a slow song played. Nico held Evie.

message 39: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments "Thank Fir! Can I call ya Fir?" Amy's eyes glinted with mischief. "It's much better than Firic." She grinned, so no feelings would be hurt. Sky smiled at her two friends.

message 40: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments "Thanks for understanding." she said, relieved. She had never been to a dance before, and her nerves were all over the place. "Your tux is nice." she offered, hoping it was the right thing to say.

message 41: by Xandra (last edited Feb 12, 2014 05:13PM) (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments Evie stiffened at Nico's touch. Soon, however, she wrapped her arms around him and leaned her head against his shoulder.

message 42: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Sure. I've always hated Firic anyway. Too tedious." Firic grinned happily.

message 43: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "Thanks. I love your hair!" Demisius said to Elissa.

message 44: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Nico and Evie glided through the great hall.

message 45: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments "Really?" she said, smiling, glad he had accepted the compliment. "Thanks for asking me." she said, stumbling over his toes. "Sorry!"

message 46: by Rose (new)

Rose Tyler (rose_tyler) | 361 comments "Great. You know," Amy said as he sat next to her and Sky and Decyphus seemed involved in their own conversation. "I thought this dance would be kind of tedious itself." Firic's face fell slightly, for a moment. "But it's actually kind of fun." She grinned again, and so did he.

message 47: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "It's fine." Demesius said, flexing his toes, even though he hadn't felt anything. "These shoes remind me off feet helmets. I don't feel anything." Demisius grinned, laughing lightly.

message 48: by Xandra (new)

Xandra (literary-legionnaire) | 614 comments Evie's heart was beating fast. She never wanted this magical moment to end, however she made a misstep. Her heel caught on the back of her flowing red dress, and she began to fall.

message 49: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments "I know we haven't known each other for very long. Can you tell me a little about yourself? I'll tell you about me." He asked, wanting to know more about Amy, for he liked her.

message 50: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments "Oh, good." she said, grinning. The song changed suddenly into a slow song. She hung back, unsure what to do.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.