Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

House Points > February Contest

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Holly, Former Head Mod, super cool nerd (new)

Holly (peachylee20) | 2315 comments Mod
Welcome to 2014's start of House Point Competition! Here, you will find unique, out-of-the-way ways to raise points for your characters (ANY of your characters) house. Complete one or more of the challenges listed below, and win the entitled points for your house! If you've got any questions, feel free to post them below, although spam will be deleted.

Once you've completed a challenge, post here with your characters name and house, and challenge completed. One of the mods will then scope it out to make sure you're valid. Then, the points will be rewarded to your house and record will stay here that you were the winner of those points. Super straight forward.

This month, only posts written from today (The ninth of Feb), until the end of this month will be eligible for entry. However, it might not be so in the months to come. Keep an eye peeled for what is acceptable and what's not each month. The winners will be announced, and points will be awarded at the end of the month. Everyone has a equal shot! And have fun!

Not Seeing Clearly
Create a character who is blind. Throughout his/her bio, AND your posts using said charrie, stay true to his disability. This character's bio must be accurate and as well written as possible. A short bio that doesn't really show your writing ability won't be accepted. 80 points

Get Wet
Have an interesting scene at the lake with the giant squid, that doesn't include a death. 67 points

Patriotic! Me.
This award goes to the character who is not a Brit, but an American! We want bio evidence, of course, but this award is off to any American out there, proud or not. 70 points

Big Trouble, Mister
These points will go to the character who is always getting into trouble. Fights, detention, bad notes. Any sort of mischief you find yourself managing will be acceptable here. A minimum of 10 fights, detention dates, or telling-offs will do to be eligible for this award. Proof is needed, of course. 90 points

Antiquity
This one goes to the original, stone aged charrie that is unfamiliar with items that were invented within the last century. The charrie must participate in roleplay to be considered eligible. 100 points

A Ton To Read
We all love those big, lengthy, involved, well-written posts. This one goes to the person who can write involved, well written posts. This means good grammar, correct punctuation, and enjoyable reading for everyone involved. 500 points

Ready. Set. Go.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Wah! I want to do so many of these but it would take forever to make a charrie onmy tablet!

But I shall try! Cause blind characters I know how to do!

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Ok, let the challenge begin!

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments American pulling into Hogwarts. ;)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

American and blind 5th year a work in progress!!

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Just made a blind girl. Her name is Autumn!
:3

message 7: by Angel (new)

Angel (avdreader) what is a charrie?

message 8: by Kat (new)

Kat | 231 comments character

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Charrie is the same thing as character

message 10: by Ella (new)

Ella Miller | 1179 comments Can my blind character have a guide animal????

message 11: by Holly, Former Head Mod, super cool nerd (new)

Ella, yes, your character would do good with a guide animal.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Abbbiiiiiii!!

message 13: by Holly, Former Head Mod, super cool nerd (new)

Sakura! :D Pick a thread and we'll pick up where we left off.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay!!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I picked the deserted classroom. No one has posted there in the last month or so

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished my blind american girl Sarai!! Bout to start rping her now!! 150 house point for Gryffindor, here I come!!