Ruins Q&A with Dan Wells discussion

Ruins

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Teri (new)

Teri (fotoshark) | 9 comments Book two had a huge vast amount of things going on especially in comparison to book one, is book three going to have even more revelations and directions or is it more like book one with more mystery and straight to the point with the focus on Kira ?
For example book one was simply about a plague/disease and a war between the two species. Book two was about 4 different wars, introducing other species/experiments that were also apart of the project, the rebellion, the distraction, the journey across the country and surviving it and the revelation of life on the other side living an thriving but how? Will book 3 just be the end and it's result ? Or are we gonna have similar to two and open our minds to so much more :D

- T.

message 2: by Dan (new)

Dan Wells | 42 comments Mod
Short answer: it will be just like whichever one you liked best :)

Real answer: Both, kind of. The scope is still very wide, and we have a ton of characters following a ton of different threads, but whereas Fragments showed the threads spreading out, Ruins shows the threads slowly coming back together, all converging on a single point.

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) How do you harness your mass-murderer tendencies and kill off such likable characters? It's gotta be tough . . .

message 4: by Dan (new)

In RUINS I was planning to kill more characters than I actually did. Then the time came and...they didn't need to die. So you can rest assured I only kill the ones I have to.

message 5: by Teri (new)

Teri (fotoshark) | 9 comments Ah I love it I must have it now!!! Lol

Thanks man, can't wait :)

message 6: by May (last edited Feb 23, 2014 06:41PM) (new)

May (mayanoah) | 11 comments Dan wrote: "In RUINS I was planning to kill more characters than I actually did. Then the time came and...they didn't need to die. So you can rest assured I only kill the ones I have to."

That sounds kind of reassuring...

But, I still can't wait to read Ruins!

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Oh my god ruins comes out tomorrow!!! My copy from amazon is already on it's way!!! Maybe I'll get it on monday!!! I'm so excited, right when that book gets into my eager hands I'm reading it and not stopping until it's done!!!!!! :)

message 8: by Dan (new)

Michelle wrote: "Oh my god ruins comes out tomorrow!!! My copy from amazon is already on it's way!!! Maybe I'll get it on monday!!! I'm so excited, right when that book gets into my eager hands I'm reading it and not stopping until it's done!!!!!! :)

Sweet! As excited as you are to read it, I'm even more excited for you to read it :)

message 9: by Michelle (new)

Michelle ITS HERE!!!

photo f6ef3b16-46f7-4282-a8c7-8533dcfe6e3c_zps227e4273.jpg

message 10: by Hannah (new)

message 11: by Jen (new)

Jen (jenwesner) Now THAT was the ending I really wanted from Champion by Marie Lu. So expertly done and listen here, Mr. Wells, I was seriously afraid when I only had 50 pages left and things were up in the air! Way to create the suspense!

Seriously, best ending ever. Completely wrapped up the series. Best line - "I have a hangnail" - Marcus

message 12: by Andrea (new)

Andrea (razzais) | 1 comments Honestly, that was one of the best endings to a series I have ever read! It stayed true to the plot, you created tons of suspense! Also, there being humor even when the characters you love are being killed off is a beautiful thing. Seriously though. Ruins was absolutely amazing, and I couldn't have dreamed for a better ending to the series.

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle I finished Ruins, I LOVED it so much!

Bravo Dan Wells!!!

Link to my review, if anyone's interested :)
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 14: by Dan (new)

Thanks! You're all awesome, and you make me happy.

message 15: by Tina (new)

Tina Lewis | 9 comments Reading Ruins now. I'm super excited to see where it goes.

message 16: by Sara (new)

Sara | 4 comments I just finished. I loved it! It was suspenseful and intense. Everything that happened needed to happen. It was brutal at times, but completely true to the story. I also loved how it didn't get caught up in some of the pitfalls of other YA books of this genre.

Karen’s Library Finished Ruins last week! I agree with Jen! I couldn't figure out how it was going to end with so little book left. I'm very satisfied with the ending! Loved the entire series!!!

message 18: by Dan (new)

Yay!