YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Foreplay (The Ivy Chronicles, #1)
This topic is about Foreplay
BUDDY READ: Adult Fiction > Foreplay by Sophie Jordan, Start Date: February 10th, 2014

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachmi (last edited Feb 09, 2014 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Pepper has been hopelessly in love with her best friend’s brother, Hunter, for like ever. He’s the key to everything she’s always craved: security, stability, family. But she needs Hunter to notice her as more than just a friend. Even though she’s kissed exactly one guy, she has just the plan to go from novice to rock star in the bedroom—take a few pointers from someone who knows what he’s doing.

Her college roommates have the perfect teacher in mind. But bartender Reece is nothing like the player Pepper expects. Yes, he’s beyond gorgeous, but he’s also dangerous, deep—with a troubled past. Soon what started as lessons in attraction are turning both their worlds around, and showing just what can happen when you go past foreplay and get to what’s real…

Billie and me will read it on February 10th, 2014. Everyone is welcome to join us.

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Just started with few pages and I find Pepper so adorable! :) I can definitely see my "good girl" side in her! LOL. :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I like her already, too B. The author described her well. I can feel when she gets anxiety attack. And I'm so curious of Reece's past now :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 6, (view spoiler)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments And I can imagine Pepper's blush?! When her friend's handed over her number to Reece?! So funny! And awkward?! Haha.

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Emerson couldn't be more bold than that :D

I'm at in the middle of chapter 10 now, there is another awkward moment! Oh B, I really like it so far! See...I'm giddy over the book, such a nerd I am, lol

(view spoiler)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Oh! I think I am there already, R! The one with Logan??? Awkward!!! Lol. :p

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Yes, the one with Logan, it was a surprise. I didn't see it at all. A huge awkward moment, I think :D

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Chapter 11, (view spoiler).

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 11, [spoilers removed]."

I expected Pepper to do something like that...because you know, this girl has a heart of gold! I believe (view spoiler)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Billie wrote: "Rachmi wrote: "Chapter 11, [spoilers removed]."

I expected Pepper to do something like that...because you know, this girl has a heart of gold! I believe [spoilers removed]"

Yes, she's so kind and honest. She surprises me most of the time. I love her and Reece and their relationship.

Chapter 26, (view spoiler).

Rachmi  | 4945 comments Finished! Really liked it, though it was kinda cliche :D

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Finished. I love it! Including the cliche! :)

Rachmi  | 4945 comments I guess the cliche part works well here :)

Billie (billiejeanmayordomo) | 101 comments Yes! The author did a wonderful job! :)