Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheela (new)

Sheela Word Amber, I put one of my short stories in audiobook format via ACX. I narrated and produced it myself. It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how to record and edit sound, but the money I made really didn't justify the time I put in.

If you hired a narrator, it would be less time-consuming, but of course, they would need to either be paid up front or share in any profits you made. I'm not meaning to discourage you, though. Your experience might be different.

message 2: by Vincent, Mod & Author (new)

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 1102 comments Mod
Hi Amber,

Regarding your question on purchasing audiobooks, I get mine at the library. The quality of the CD's is sometimes poor, skipping like crazy, but I love listening to novels on my way to work.

I live in LA.

The traffic drives me nuts if I just have music on, lol.

message 3: by Ty (new)

Ty Patterson | 23 comments has anyone got tips for making audiobooks for those not based in the US? unfortunately ACX seems to be catering to US residents as of now.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 2165 comments I recommend checking out The Guardians by Jennifer Raygoza for Audio book. The narrators do a wonderful job of telling the story.