Fans of Christian Romance discussion

Audiobooks

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Areti (new)

Areti | 1 comments Hi Amber! I love listening to audiobooks. I think you should definitely make your books audio too. I actually prefer them when I have a choice because I'm such a fanatic reader my eyes are protesting :-)

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet | 5 comments Mod
I love audiobooks, that is what gets me to and from work every day.

message 3: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Bowersox (jodibowersox) | 26 comments Amber wrote: "Areti: That's great! So far the feedback doesn't seem to be overly positive, in that not many readers I know go the audiobook route...but the nice thing is that this is an option that can be pursue..."

Amber wrote: "Areti: That's great! So far the feedback doesn't seem to be overly positive, in that not many readers I know go the audiobook route...but the nice thing is that this is an option that can be pursue..."

Amber wrote: "Hello, fellow fans of Christian romance! I just thought I'd send a cosmic question out into the void, and see if anyone might have some feedback...

I'm contemplating making my Christian Western ro..."

I think it is absolutely a worthwhile endeavor. There are a lot of people who don't have time to read, but do have time to listen while they are driving, gardening, cooking, etc. It gives you a whole different audience to target.

message 4: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Bowersox (jodibowersox) | 26 comments Amber wrote: "Jodi: That's very true! I guess my one concern would be finding and reaching that audience... The responses to the query I sent to my influencer team (for blogging, social media, etc.) suggest that..."

You don't have to find them. They are looking for you! The people who truly listen to audiobooks and love romance will be searching for romances on audiobooks, and since the selection is far smaller than hardcopies or e-books, you will be easier to find! If you can find a narrator willing to share the profits then you have nothing to lose.

message 5: by Nanci (new)

Nanci | 17 comments I am a little late on this discussion but for what it is worth , I always have an audio book or two on hand and going. I excercise with them, I do housework with then, sew, garden, whatever. I have too many things to do to read all that I want to read. So I read before bed and in free moments and when I can but I listen to books all the other times. If I can, I like to have both print and audio if a book and do a combo of reading and listening, depending on what is most convenient.

message 6: by Dora (new)

Dora Wagner | 28 comments I always have an audio book in my car. I love to have someone read to me, as much as I love to read.

message 7: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Bowersox (jodibowersox) | 26 comments For you audio book listeners, I have a clean Christian romance on Audible, Interiors by Design. Interiors by Design by Jodi Bowersox It has 4.9 stars with 17 ratings on Amazon. Check it out!
(some mild language)

message 8: by Carlene (new)

Carlene Havel (chch) | 1 comments Do you look for audiobooks on Amazon or some other site?

message 9: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Bowersox (jodibowersox) | 26 comments The only site I know of is Audible.com, but there may be others.