What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Mennyms (Mennyms, #1)
This topic is about The Mennyms
SOLVED: Children's/YA > Children's book series about mysterious family [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new) - added it

Alicia (gingeralicia88) | 2 comments When I was little there's this book that I kept taking out from the library and never ended up getting very far with, but there was always something about it that intrigued me. To this day still, except now I can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

This book has to have been written before the 1998. It was before then that I borrowed it from the library.

What I remember:
I think I remember it being part of a series.

The book seemed very mysterious, I feel like it was about a family, but there was something strange about the family. I don't think they were completely human. Something tells me they turned into dolls or something, or statues, not quite sure. There was something very strange and mysterious about them.

I remember the book starting by describing the front of the house the family lived in. I think the front door. I feel like they went into quite a bit of detail describing that. I also feel like the living room was described. There may have been a grandfather clock.

I think there was something with a necklace. A family heirloom or something.

I don't know if this will help but I think the front of the book was a picture of the house. I think the colours were grey and greyish green.

I feel like the book was going to be about the family that lived in the house. I feel like in that first chapter members of the family were described a bit. I think there was a grandma living with the family.

For some reason I've had in my head that the book was called the menyemins or menyemens, something like that, but I've tried all combinations in google and this hasn't got me anywhere. No idea where I got that idea from.

If I ever find out what this book was I think it will be an absolute miracle. Sorry for being vague. If anything new comes to me I will add it here.

message 2: by Andria (new)

message 4: by Alicia (new) - added it

Alicia (gingeralicia88) | 2 comments OMG! You did it! Thank you so much!! Now there was a reason I thought the title was something like. Google is not clever enough apparently :P.

message 5: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2105 comments I tried variations on the name and found it that way.

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2500 comments Mod
Happy to help!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Mennyms (other topics)