♥ Young Adult and New Adult Readers ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVES > March BOTM

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (chelc13) | 1467 comments Mod
So I want to try something out instead of just asking for a stand-alone, I want to try a theme-oriented stand-alone book. The theme is going to be best friends falling in love. If this doesn't work, I will just put up a poll later with random stand-alones.

So start recommending! :)

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

I'm sorry that you don't like it, but I will be going off the majority of the group's opinion, so if no one wants to do it, then we won't

message 5: by Chelsea (last edited Feb 09, 2014 03:43PM) (new)

Heather wrote: "Twenty Boy SummerSecond Chance Summer"

I will add Twenty Boy Summer to the poll, but not Second Chance Summer since that is this month's BOTM :)

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather Cheri, Please Do not be rude about it. We will do what the group as a whole wants to do and we will not let one person change that unless need be. Sorry to be blunt with you but that is how we run things.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather Chelsea wrote: "Heather wrote: "Twenty Boy SummerSecond Chance Summer"

I will add Twenty Boy Summer to the poll, but not Second Chance Summer since that is this month's BOTM :)"

LOL I didn't know that :) I have read both and they were both amazing :)

message 8: by Lucky Duckie (new)

Lucky Duckie I'd like to recommend Just Listen by Sarah Dessen

message 9: by Caru (new)

Caru Alienated

message 10: by Caru (new)

Caru sorry wrong book

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Heather wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Heather wrote: "Twenty Boy SummerSecond Chance Summer"

I will add Twenty Boy Summer to the poll, but not Second Chance Summer since that is this mont..."

Lol, I own Twenty Boy Summer, but just like Second Chance Summer, I haven't read it

message 12: by Caru (new)

Caru I second Just Listen

message 13: by Chelsea (new)

Carina wrote: "I second Just Listen"

I've read Just Listen, but I don't recall them being best friends at the start of the book. I could be wrong though, since I read this a while ago.

message 14: by Heather (new)

Heather Chelsea wrote: "Heather wrote: "Chelsea wrote: "Heather wrote: "Twenty Boy SummerSecond Chance Summer"

I will add Twenty Boy Summer to the poll, but not Second Chance Summer since t..."

well you should read both!

message 15: by Caru (new)

Caru I'm not sure I haven't read it but my friend said that they were best friends in the beginning

message 16: by Ayah (new)

Ayah (shadowkisss1958) | 20 comments i don't get to they have to start as best friends in the beginning of the book or can they become best friends through the book?

message 17: by Maca (new)

Maca Barrondo | 2 comments Duma Key by Stephen King

message 18: by Chelsea (new)

Maca wrote: "Duma Key by Stephen King"

Since this is a YA-genre oriented group, I won't be accepted any books that are labeled YA as a group read. Although, if you want, you can always post in BR to see if anyone would be interested in reading it with you.

message 19: by Priscila (new)

Priscila (priscilazeri) | 1 comments Thirteen Reasons why by Jay Asher :)

Cheri: The girl who is back to her old self finally Heather I wasn't being rude I was just saying that I don't like that I idea

message 21: by Lucky Duckie (new)

Lucky Duckie Priscila wrote: "Thirteen Reasons why by Jay Asher :)"

I don't think that fits with the theme? Isn't this the book where it's all on cassettes and she'd dead?

message 22: by Chelsea (new)

Ayah wrote: "i don't get to they have to start as best friends in the beginning of the book or can they become best friends through the book?"

I apologize, I didn't realize that this question was here. To answer it (even though it's late): they must be friends at the beginning.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.