Bookworm Buddies discussion

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter, #1)
This topic is about Darkly Dreaming Dexter
Buddy Reads > Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter #1) by Jeff Lindsay

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments For anyone who would like to join in, a few of us will be starting Darkly Dreaming Dexter on 10th February.

*** PLEASE BE SURE TO MARK ALL SPOILERS ***

message 2: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie | 193 comments This is so cool!! I'll add it to my currently reading books :D

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Yay Angie! I'm not that far in, but its been really good so far :)

message 4: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie | 193 comments Who's reading this yet? Is it just going to be me? I'll wait for others, but if not I'll read it on my own;)

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Hi Angie, not sure if you saw my comment above - I'm a little way in, just hit 100 pages. It's good so far, I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of it!

message 6: by Angie (new) - added it

Angie | 193 comments That's great I've got my copy on my shelf so its ready to go:) I'll catch up by tomorrow night:)

message 7: by Shell (last edited Feb 18, 2014 08:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Sounds good Angie!! I haven't had much time for reading lately but I'm hoping to finish it up by Sunday night so that I can join in the buddy read for Boy's Life :)

I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of Dexter's character. I'm finding him really interesting.

message 8: by Ema (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ema | 1 comments I've barely begun to read this book, but I'm so excited about it that I feel the need to talk about it. I thought that watching the series prior to reading the book might be a mistake. You know how sometimes reading a book after watching the movie or show can ruin it? Well so far, it's only made the book better! Considering the book is narrated by Dexter, I imagined reading it in Michael C. Hall's voice. Since he portrayed the character so well, how could I not? I'm so anxious to read on.

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Ema I'm so glad you're joining us and that you're so amped for the read!!

I only watched a few episodes before I decided I wanted to read the books first and like you said, I was worried that even the small amount I'd seen would ruin the reading experience, but it hasn't at all. I do think it would be great though to be able to read this not knowing anything about the storyline as Dexter really is such a unique character. It's funny how he thinks he is such a terrible person, but in thinking that it makes him kind of sweet haha.

message 10: by GeneralTHC (last edited Feb 19, 2014 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

GeneralTHC Shell wrote: "Ema I'm so glad you're joining us and that you're so amped for the read!!

I only watched a few episodes before I decided I wanted to read the books first and like you said, I was worried that even..."

To this day I've only seen the previews for Dexter that came out before the series aired. I've read everything but the last book, though. Fun series.

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments It's such a great idea for a character and storyline, I'm looking forward to getting further into the series.

Diane | 31 comments I have read all the books and loved them. I also watched All the seasons on Netflix, and loved them too, and they were different.

Shell (shellcampbell) | 2216 comments Glad to hear you enjoyed them Diane! I'm looking forward to watching the series once I've finished reading them all :)

GeneralTHC Diane wrote: "I also watched All the seasons on Netflix ... and they were different."

That's something I've wondered about.