City of Books discussion

BOOK QUESTIONS > Books You Never Finished

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Megan, The Calm One (new)

Megan | 95 comments Mod
Books You Never Finished

Any books that you couldn't stand anymore and just stopped reading it.

message 2: by Nikita (new)

Nikita Twilight. I started it just to see what everyone was talking about but I fell asleep by chapter five and never finished.

message 3: by Taja (new)

Taja  (taozi) | 48 comments I've 10 books I never finished. The one I could stand the least, is Life of Pi by Yann Martel and Emma by Jane Austen

message 4: by Nate (new)

Nate A Separate Peace by John Knowles

Could not get through this book to save my life. It was an assigned read, I used my brothers notes. To this day the bookmark is still in the same spot as when I last picked it up.

message 5: by Nate (new)

Nate Taja wrote: "I've 10 books I never finished. The one I could stand the least, is Life of Pi by Yann Martel and Emma by Jane Austen"

Life of Pi...I couldn't even get through the movie, but I thought the book would have been better.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

THE GREEN MILE and SALEM'S LOT. Both were overly detailed, boring, and too morbid for my taste. Ironically, King is my favorite author.

message 7: by Taja (new)

Taja  (taozi) | 48 comments Nate wrote: "
Life of Pi...I couldn't even get through the movie, but I thought the book would have been better."

I was hoping the movie was at least good. :\ I've yet to watch it but I keep putting it off because the book was ridiculous.

message 8: by Beatrice (new)

message 9: by Olivia (new)

Olivia Chanel's Stories in Space (storiesinspace) | 12 comments The Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines, I absolutely hated it. I am not into NA purely about sex without any real backstory.

message 10: by Elena (new)

Elena Carrasco (Lena0416) | 17 comments Right now the Diviners!! I hated that book I'm left it at 70%