Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Did anyone post the link to the Bosch pilot yet? I just watched it and thought it was a good adaptation... it ended too soon, though- left me wanting more!

message 2: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments Are you going to subscribe to Amazon so you can see more?

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments I plan to watch it soon. I might later tonight. Watching women's hockey at the Olympics right now. Japan vs. Sweden! I hope the Bosch pilot gets interest and a commitment for a series even before watching it.

message 4: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments See if this works. I can't tell if it's restricted to Amazon Prime subscribers or not.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I...

message 5: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments It works for me. But I have prime. Thanks Carol.

message 6: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Barry wrote: "Are you going to subscribe to Amazon so you can see more?"

we have amazon prime, anyway, barry.
forgot to say that link wouldn't load on my computer in chrome or safari. i ended up watching it on my tv.
my understanding, though, is that anyone could watch and it wasn't restricted to prime members.

message 7: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments Link was good for me.

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments But I did not find a way to watch it without taking the Prime trial offer.

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Feb 10, 2014 10:18AM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments This article says the video is free to all for 30 days from release (Feb. 8). You don't have to be a prime member.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisc...

The link is at the bottom of the article and is different from the one I posted above.

message 10: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments That link worked to give me the show, and I think I am not a member of prime. The show appears to be serialized, the end occurred with the tale still developing. Harry himself was the Harry of the early novels, a smoker, quite hard boiled and obstinate. I enjoyed hearing the jazz rather than being told the name of a tune, and of course, the locations were faithful. Hopefully at some future point these will appear in a place where I can see them.

message 11: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Good, glad you were able to get it.

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments I liked it! I agree with you, Sherry, I was sorry to see it end and was thinking this would be a great series, but don't leave me hanging!
It is very nicely cast, and I like the way we are introduced to the other regulars. Unlike the first episode of Rizzoli & Isles that solved an entire novel in the first episode, this one looks to be ready for the long haul using the books as a guide. Hope we get a chance of that.

message 13: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments A great interview with Titus Welliver!
http://blog.bullz-eye.com/2014/02/10/...

message 14: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Ann wrote: "A great interview with Titus Welliver!
http://blog.bullz-eye.com/2014/02/10/..."

thanks, ann!

message 15: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Watched the Bosch program yesterday while snowbound, and I loved it! Welliver is perfect as Bosch, and I loved that they took time to develop the plot. Its been awhile since I read City of Bones so I'm remembering the scenes as they unfold but don't remember where it goes or what happens. Perfect. I hope we don't have to wait long for the rest of the series!

message 16: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Just read the Welliver interview -- thanks Ann -- and remembered that I was thrilled to see Alan Rosenberg in Bosch. I remember him from a few series, but especially from LA Law back in the day.

message 17: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Me too Carol, his role was an added treat; I think the casting is especially good in Bosch. I really hope they produce it!
Carol/Bonadie wrote: "Just read the Welliver interview -- thanks Ann -- and remembered that I was thrilled to see Alan Rosenberg in Bosch. I remember him from a few series, but especially from LA Law back in the day."

message 18: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1598 comments I loved it too! I really hope we get to see more, because they really left us hanging :)

message 19: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2942 comments Bosch expected to start streaming on Prime in 2015, February or March.

message 20: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Yay!! Something to look forward to!
Barry wrote: "Bosch expected to start streaming on Prime in 2015, February or March."

message 21: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Aug 11, 2014 09:41PM) (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Yay! Meanwhile the actor who plays Bosch is keeping busy -- saw him tonight on a commercial for insurance I think.

edit: he was also in the last Transformer movie. Titus Welliver, that's his name.

message 22: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Update: In the latest Michael Connelly newsletter he mentions that Titus Welliver recently recorded the audio book of The Burning Room, the November release new Harry Bosch novel.
They'll share an excerpt from that reading soon. Exciting news!

message 23: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Bosch TV series Updates! Mark February 13 2015 down as the day season one of Bosch on Amazon Prime is to be available for streaming!
They also reshot the pilot episode adding some courtroom scenes and making a few actor changes for a couple not available to continue with the series when it was picked up. Here is a new trailer to watch too!
http://youtu.be/vuVAP_4TQEY

message 24: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14211 comments Link to the Michael Connelly website for Michael's comments on the developments with the reshot pilot and upcoming series.
http://www.michaelconnelly.com/extras...

message 25: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7784 comments Woo-hoo, Ann! {{marking calendar}}

Can't wait!

Ann wrote: "Bosch TV series Updates! Mark February 13 2015 down as the day season one of Bosch on Amazon Prime is to be available for streaming!
They also reshot the pilot episode adding some courtroom scenes..."

message 26: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 1248 comments Thanks Ann! My understanding is they will release the whole season at once...is that what you've heard? I just recently watched the pilot...don't know how I missed that before.
Outlander returns to Starz on April 4. Lots to look forward to.

message 27: by Sherry (last edited Jan 19, 2015 04:39PM) (new)

Sherry  | 3569 comments Dawn wrote: "Thanks Ann! My understanding is they will release the whole season at once...is that what you've heard? I just recently watched the pilot...don't know how I missed that before.
Outlander return..."

that's what i think, too, dawn. can't wait to watch it!