Legend (Legend, #1) Legend question

LEGEND FILM
Ruby Smith Ruby Feb 09, 2014 06:31AM
Legend is coming to the big screen and i hope they get the casting right

I'm having a hard time getting into this book. I think it is because I re-read hunger games, and then divergent and then tried to read this. Was it too many dystopian themed novels in a row? Is it worth a second look?

Yay! I hope they don't screw this book-to-movie adaptation up.

?!
It's going to be difficult getting the sets right.
Hope it doesn't turn out to be one of those bad movie adaptations.

i read about it being optioned before i began the series, and i can see how it would be a great movie. the only challenge being that people will be drawing comparisons to HG and possible Divergent once that comes out. the story's very different - don't get me wrong, but it's the same genre - so who knows.

Read This: Author Marie Lu has been extremely positive about the prospect of a Legend movie:

I'm excited to see who they pick [to direct] and excited to see where it goes from there. I definitely fantasize the possibility of going on set. I’d imagine it would be very surreal to see things that are in your brain laid out in the real world.

With the success of similar teen series, The Hunger Games, it seems that Lu's Legend fantasy sequence should perform well with audiences. Marie Lu also reports that she is very happy with the early versions of scripts that she has seen:

I know there’s a lot of things that won’t translate well to the screen. They’re just two very different mediums...I’ve seen the screenplay, and I really love what they’ve done with it."

You know who would make a good June...

Kiernan Shipka

Mike Weston She might work.
Feb 19, 2014 03:35PM · flag
Regan Kiernan is very mature for her age and so is June
Feb 19, 2014 04:30PM · flag

Say whaaat?? Cannot wait!

I am looking forward to see it.