Hopeful Hopeful discussion

Hopeful is this really a new book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Janice Hopeful

I am reading hopeful return to sugarcreek on the kindle this was released earlier this month

Now while i am really enjoying this book i am getting the feeling i have either read this or a story so very much like this i had read the other sugarcreek books
That part that seems so familiar is a teacher called Mary Kate has come to the town after leaving because of a ex boyfriend now there a person who come to town not sure as yet if this is him but i know i read this storyline before i will know more if i am right with what is going on

Has anyone else read a story where a Amish lady leaves her home because of a obsessed ex-boyfriend who her parents think is great, so while as i said i am enjoying this i will be a bit miffed if it is as sort of rewritten storyline as i got this believing it was a new story

message 2: by Mara (last edited Apr 02, 2014 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mara Janice Aitkens wrote: "Hopeful

I am reading hopeful return to sugarcreek on the kindle this was released earlier this month

Now while i am really enjoying this book i am getting the feeling i have eithe..."

Yes, this is a new book! It is set in the same place, though, as her earlier series, "Seasons of Sugarcreek," and it does have the earlier characters in it.

By the same author, the "Sisters of the Heart" series starts off with "Hidden," where an Englisher woman hides out from her abusive boyfriend, returning to an Amish Bed & Breakfast where she and her mother had visited as tourists years before.

It may also be reminding you of a book by Cindy Woodsmall...one of the "Ada's House Trilogy" books, "The Hope of Refuge." An Englisher woman flees NYC and a stalker to go to Amish country to hide and to start her life over.

Hope this helps!

message 3: by Natalie (last edited Apr 02, 2014 07:21AM) (new) - added it

Natalie @Janice: A Merry Heart by Wanda E Brunstetter where the main character wants to marry a guy who ends up marrying someone else is kind of a similar concept.

Janice I have read that one but i must admit this was way too close it as if i had read it before
Hugs Janice