Around the World in 80 Books discussion

Buddy Reads / Side Reads > What to Post Here

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane, Armchair Tour Guide (last edited Feb 08, 2014 08:45PM) (new)

Diane | 12851 comments Want to start a book discussion with other members? Did you nominate a book that didn't get selected for a group read? Are you itching to read and discuss a book about a location not on our annual list? Would you like to discuss the literature of a particular country? Would you like to discuss the works of a particular author? Did you already read all the current books of the month? Do you have no desire to read the current books of the month but want to discuss something else?

If you answered "yes" to any of the above questions, a buddy read or side read may be just the thing for you.

If you have a book in mind that you would like to open for discussion, start a new topic listing the book, author, etc. that you want to discuss. Give a date when you would like to start discussing the book, if applicable.

Anyone who is reading, has read the book, or wants to read the book can join in on the discussion.

Please do not:
* Discuss Group Read books here. Continue to do that in the designated threads under "Group Reads Discussions". If you are unsure if the book has been a previous book of the month, please check the list "Previous Group Read Books" under "Group Announcements" at the top of the main group page.
* Promote your books here or start a discussion on a book you have written.
* Show spoilers. Please use the spoiler concealer if you type a spoiler (see the "some html is ok" link at the top right hand of the comment box).
* Put spam here of any kind. It will be deleted.

message 2: by Phrodrick (new)

Phrodrick I and one other member of the community are setting up to buddy read Between the Woods and the Water.

Best guess we are a week out. This is book 2of the Patrick Fermor trilogy about his late 1930's walk across Europe to Constantinople. Book one is the more popular A Time of Gifts

Any interested potential buddies please make yourselves known.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm interested after reading a bio of Patrick Leigh Fermor last month.

message 4: by Phrodrick (new)

Phrodrick Hy Carla, Welcome in advance.
I too read a PLF Bio and that is what started this for me.

message 5: by Phrodrick (new)

Phrodrick There are now two of us confirmed for Between the Woods and the Water.
A Page is up for any interested at
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Thank you Vicky Hunt.
The plan is to begin the read Wednesday.
Common down n join us.