NCIS fans discussion

Season 11 > NCIS New Orleans

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

CaptKirk42 Classic Whovian (klandersen) | 35 comments Mod
Casting has just been announced for some of the team of the NCIS: New Orleans two part episodes that will be a "backdoor pilot" for a proposed new NCIS series. Scott Bakula has been cast as team leader Pride, and JAG alum Zoe McLellan has been cast as the female lead as part of Pride's team. Also cast is CCH Pounder (Mrs. Frederic on Warehouse 13) as Medical Examiner Doctor Wade.

The two episodes will are in the spring (filming is scheduled for the end of this month) if popular enough they will green light a new spinoff series NCIS: New Orleans.

I've said I don't think they need another NCIS spinoff show, but with this cast it will be an interesting series.

A "backdoor pilot" is when they do this, introduce a new series in the context of an existing series. So the new series comes in the "backdoor" or getting on the air through an existing series. Apparently it makes it easier to get a series off the ground by gaining an existing fan base.

Tonight (Tuesday 25 Mar 2014) is the first episode that introduces NCIS: New Orleans.

I am now psyched for it. As a fan of Scott Bakula I hope these two episodes are very popular. Now I am actually hoping they do this spin-off. I think this time it can work it has the star power in Bakula plus this one is going to be produced by Mark Harmon. So it is probably getting a bit more push than the NCIS: Red did last year.

I liked the NCIS: NO backdoor pilot. With the starpower cast and the behind the scenes producer power (Mark Harmon) it will probably be given the green light now.

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly B. | 5 comments I think that the NO team was good but I don't want another spin off of NCIS. I mean do we really want this to become like CSI guys!? The NO team worked good with each other but I can't see too many interesting g things happening there and once again I just don't think another spin off will be good for the series.

Shelly wrote: "I think that the NO team was good but I don't want another spin off of NCIS. I mean do we really want this to become like CSI guys!? The NO team worked good with each other but I can't see too many..."

I don't think another spinoff is needed either, but if it does happen I will give it a try.

Like it or not it has been given the green light.
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?new...