Young Adult Roleplay discussion

1x1 Roleplay > Aimley

Comments Showing 1-50 of 124 (124 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments For Ashley and Aimee

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Lol, nice!

So, what kind of rp would you like to do?

message 3: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I am on a comic book binge, so wanna do a superhero one?

message 4: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Sure :D

message 5: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments create characters and have 'em meet somewhere?

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Yeah.
Do you want to be the boy or the girl?

message 7: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments doesn't matter to me

message 8: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Hm...me either.
But it seems like I have a lot of guy charries lately, so I guess I'll do the girl XP

message 9: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments np

message 10: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments I'll try to be fast, but it will probably take me awhile to finish making it...
All these previously inactive rps have suddenly become active, so I'll be trying to juggle all that while at the same time making a profile (which I guess shouldn't be too hard hopefully)

message 11: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I understand. No need to make it too detailed. I like it when we are forced to think on the spot.

message 12: by Ashley (last edited Feb 08, 2014 07:23PM) (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Yeah, I don't like having to remember every little detail of everything and instead just like to develop a character's personality after laying a basis *shrug*

message 13: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Same.

message 14: by Aimee (last edited Feb 08, 2014 07:53PM) (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Name: Ari
Appearance: He has medium length jet black hair that is always pulled back and lightly slicked back. Some of it hangs above his eye brows though. Ari has very pale skin and often looks tired. He always caries around a film camera and satchel.
Clothes: Usually he just wears a tee and sweat jacket. He has a pair of beaten up old sneakers that he wears all the time.
Background: He doesn't remember really having a family. At 6 he was taken into foster care because his mother died of an overdose.
Family: Foster care. Parents really don't pay much attention to him. They keep him around mostly for the money they get from the government. He as a 'brother' who's their child, but they don't get along. Usually they will keep to themselves.
Superpower: wavelength manipulation...aka sound manipulation; Mutant

message 15: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (inactiveaccoun) | 3917 comments Mutant...... Mutant.... .... And you probably just read my story...

message 16: by inactive account (new)

inactive account (inactiveaccoun) | 3917 comments (( actually... I did this so you would post on ours!!!!!!!!!))

message 17: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[Ok. Give me a second. Please delete your posts from this rp. Thanks]]

message 18: by Ashley (last edited Feb 08, 2014 08:59PM) (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Name: Ariet Lite
Personality: Ariet is quiet and shy, the type of person who tries to hide in a crowd.
But once you break through the wall she puts up, she actually is somewhat normal (there is no 'normal') and actually does like to talk.

Private, artsy, loyal and kind are just some of the words that describe her.

Appearance: description
Background: Ariet grew up in a relatively stable home, with loving parents and such.
She has two younger sisters who always are able to find some way to bug her.
For a while she went to a private school, but her parents took her out and put her in a public school just a little over a year ago.
There really isn't all that much to say from there.
Family: Marien (mother), Jack (father), Brie(sister, eight) and Tally (eleven).
Other: Ariet hasn't discovered her powers yet (although she does have some/one) and believes herself to just be a normal kid.

message 19: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I feel like a lazy butt. I couldn't find any pictures that I liked...sorry. Do you want to start or me?

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments It's okay :P
And don't charries have to be approved first?

message 21: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments And !
I just realized their names are kinda similar (lol, I wasn't planning on that, I've been wanting to use the name 'Ariet' for a while now for a charrie)

message 22: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I don't really know. Personally I've never had my characters approved before rping with them in semi-private rps. I've never had any problems. I thought that the characters that had to be approved were used in the public rps. Honestly, I don't know...Sorry.

message 23: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ashley wrote: "And !
I just realized their names are kinda similar (lol, I wasn't planning on that, I've been wanting to use the name 'Ariet' for a while now for a charrie)"

Similar. I love the name Ari, yet this is the first time I've actually used it. It means lion.

message 24: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Hm...well I just looked at the rules and it doesn't say characters have to be approved of before one is allowed to rp.
And I don't see why our profiles wouldn't be acceptable or whatever XP
Sooooo maybe it's fine? Idk

message 25: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments As long as we keep it pg-13 I think it'll be fine. Most of my other rps as long as we kept it appropriate we've never been in trouble.

message 26: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments So how are they going to meet and/or kick butt?

message 27: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Yeah, and I wouldn't actually go above pg-13 even if there was no threat of 'getting in trouble'...

And cool! I just randomly looked up what Ariet means and....apparently it's 'Home Ruler' O.o

message 28: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments I have no idea!
Maybe they could meet...somewhere...uh...but for it somehow to become evident that Ari has superpowers?

message 29: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments I love onomatology. It's just so interesting. Anyways....

Ari was sitting in photography class. There were only two other people in the class room. No one really took the class. The two were sitting at one table. Both had their cameras sitting on their desk as they talked to each other. Ari was alone at another table. He had his head down and looked like he was asleep. His ear buds were plugged in, but nothing was coming out of them. They helped him control his powers by slightly muting the world around him. His powers allowed him to hear even the smallest movement, but it was also very annoying.

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Ariet sat up straight in her seat, listening to the teacher with interest.
She was still trying to figure out why there weren't more people in here; how was it that hardly anyone wanted to learn how to capture an image of something they saw?
The possibilities were endless.
She took notes, pencil flying across her paper.

message 31: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ari wasn't sitting too close to Ariet, but he could hear the furious scratch of her pencil. It was slightly maddening. He wanted to say something, but refrained. The teacher already knew that Ari wouldn't raise his head and the two girls would probably keep talking through the entire class. At least there was one student that wanted to learn. The teacher finished his lesson on how to focus a camera properly and what type of ASA one should use depending on the type of picture. Ari already knew how to do that. Besides, he didn't have a digital camera. Keeping his head down, Ari just sat there silently.

message 32: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments ((Can I just randomly say how happy I am to be rping with someone who actually doesn't just post one sentence?! XD))

This was good stuff that she'd really need to know later.
Ariet tried to ignore the aching of her hand and just concentrate on getting the basic idea of what she was hearing down.
A part of her really wanted to just start daydreaming, but the class was too interesting for that.
I think I'll need to write on the back too. And maybe get another piece of paper

message 33: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[Similar. I've had too many people who do that. Actually you should look at this one rp I did with Ren... We were practically writing essay long posts. It was amazingly awesome]]

The teacher could see that Ariet was very interested in this, but he couldn't spend the entire class period lecturing. There was just not enough people who wanted to learn, so instead he assigned a group project. Of course there would be two groups of two, but it would work out. Ari and Ariet were placed together. Ari didn't move from his spot. Instead he pulled his head up and looked at the girl. His skin was pale as usual and his hair was pulled tightly back. He seemed uninterested until he placed his own camera on the table and sighed. He didn't want to get up and go to the girl. If she wanted to wok with him, she'd have to move.

message 34: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments ((Whoa, sounds intense. And awesome. The best I can do is a medium-size paragraph, but hopefully I'll eventually be able to work my way up to longer ones))

Ariet swallowed hard, turning her head to look at the boy she had been assigned.
She was going to have to talk to some stranger and try to figure out a project with him.
The idea wasn't appealing in the slightest.
God help me!
Well as long as she concentrated on doing her best, perhaps Ariet could pull through this.
And so she stood, slowly making her way over.
She stopped at a desk next to his own and pulled the chair out, plopping down on it.

message 35: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[It was a lot of fun. Oh, what's her power?]]

Ari looked at her and asked, "What do you want to do?" Ari didn't really care for the assignment. It wasn't very interesting. One of the only reasons he takes this class every year was to have an excuse to carry his camera around. With his headphones still in he heard something. It wasn't very loud, but it came from inside the school. That drew his attention. Something wasn't right....Out of nowhere the fire alarm went off. Before the teacher got out of his chair something appeared in the doorway. It was a red silhouette of a person. "Ari, what the hell are you doing here?"

message 36: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments (((*Blinks* Oh! Lol, I thought Ari was the only one with powers! But it'd be cool if Ariet could have some too...hhhmmmm...I guess I'll just say she hasn't discovered them yet and kinda edit the profile some))

What the...?
Ariet looked over at the door, eyes wide with alarm.
The lights in the room were dim and weak.
She couldn't make out any distinctive features on the person who had spoken.
Which made her feel more than a little uneasy.
She clasped her hands together underneath the desk, pressing her lips together in a thin line.

message 37: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments [[Sounds like a plan]]

Ari stood up and pulled his headphones out. "What do you want, Alex?" He asked before the figure send a ball of fire at him. He pulled Ariet with him to the floor. The figure was obviously mad, but it wasn't apparent why.

"You dump me....for that girl!" Alex replied. She was obviously pissed as she continued to set the place ablaze. Ari acted quickly. He snapped which created a hole in the wall for the class to escape through. The teacher nodded in agreement and ushered the two other girls through the hole and to the outside. Ari then began to push Ariet towards the hole, but Alex stopped him. She blocked their path. Ari cursed and then made another exit into the hallway. Everywhere he turned, Alex blocked the path. Eventually they were on the third floor. Ari knew that the only way to escape would be to jump out a window.

message 38: by Ashley (last edited Feb 08, 2014 09:11PM) (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments This was absolutely crazy.
Ariet had no idea what was going on and how a hole had just randomly appeared in the wall, or why this girl seemed to be standing in her way at every single opportunity.
Mind whirling, she swallowed hard, hugging herself.
She obviously has some kind of problem with this guy
"P-please could you let us through?" she asked tentatively, hating how quiet her voice was.

message 39: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Alex looked at Ariet and answered, "No". She then sent another fire ball at them. Ari took a deep breath in and whistled. By manipulating the sound waves, Ari defused the fire ball. Then he took Ariet's hand and jumped. He whistled again. The sound waves cushioned their fall. Taking a deep breath, Ari headed towards secret hiding spot. It was really just an old radio station that was abandoned some years ago, but it was a good place to hide because of all the equipment. Ari could hear Alex rush past in a fury.

He turned to Ariet and said, "Sorry," in a low voice. He took his camera and snapped a picture of her unexpectedly. Then he pulled the lever to ready the next frame. Peeking out of the window, Ari saw Alex go in the opposite direction.

message 40: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments ((Gtg, bye!))

The flash hurt her eyes and Ariet blinked hard as her vision refocused.
The last few seconds seemed to have been a blur.
Ariet managed to recall being pulled out of a window that had just happened to be open.
They had been on the third floor; a ways up above the ground.
And yet somehow she wasn't hurt.
"What's going on?! This doesn't make any sense at all! And...and what all just h-happened? And why are we hiding?" she asked all in a rush, face pale with fear.

message 41: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ari smiled devilishly at Ariet. "We're hiding from my ex. I assume you understand why." He then relaxed a bit and slumped against the wall. "You can leave now. You're not really my responsibility, but I couldn't leave you to Alex. Trust me, I know." Ari then snapped another picture of something that caught his eye. He turned the flash off. He took a few more pictures of the same object... "When I get the film developed, these can be our project."

message 42: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Ariet continued to stay where she was.
His angry ex or whatever was likely to not be far from here...what if she spotted her and went all crazy again?!
No, it was better to just wait this out for a bit and keep hiding.
Better safe then sorry
"Okay...."
Ariet crossed her arms, pounding heart slowly calming down.

message 43: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ari understood why Ariet would wait. He already knew that Alex wouldn't return, but seeing her on a rampage would scare some people. Although he was weary of her, he wasn't afraid of her. If anything he was intimidated slightly..."So what's your name? Didn't catch it in class," Ari stated as he leaned comfortably back.

message 44: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments "Ariet. Ariet Lite" she answered, turning her head to look at him.
His black, about shoulder-length hair was tied back.
He looked tired and pale, which wasn't a surprise considering what had just happened.
Did I really get pulled out of a window?
Why was it so hard to remember something that had only happened a short while ago?

message 45: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments "What's wrong?" Ari asked. He could see that Ariet was thinking about something. He really liked her hair though. It was wild, yet amazing to look at. He continued, "Ari". He never considered his last name his, rather it was a name that was forced upon him by the government. When he got older he was going to change it legally.

message 46: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Ariet tucked some of her red hair behind her ear, letting out a little sigh.
"Well...I should remember everything that just happened pretty clearly, right? But I don't" she said in a quiet voice, frowning now.
Hole in wall...flames....out the window and suddenly here.
Usually she could remember things well and in detail.
But not this time.

message 47: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ari smiled slightly. He found her to be quite entertaining. "Don't worry. Memories will always fade. Also, don't think too hard. They'll come to you eventually." He turned away now and pulled out his camera again. He began to fiddle with the settings and turned off the flash. This time he looked up and began to take different pictures.

message 48: by Ashley (last edited Feb 09, 2014 07:08PM) (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments A hint of jealousy started to creep over her.
If only she had her camera!
But it wasn't all that good anyways.
Ariet hadn't been able to afford a 'professional' or even 'eh, acceptable' type camera.
But she appreciated what she did have. Was glad she had it.
At least I can take a picture. Some people can't do that

message 49: by Aimee (new)

Aimee the Unicorn (abalint) | 2294 comments Ari looked at Ariet and found her sulking about something. "What's wrong now?" he asked somewhat sardonically. "You know you can leave if you want." He didn't really care if she stayed or left, but her current presence was not all that fun to be in... at the moment.

message 50: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 3791 comments Ariet didn't appreciate his tone.
"I know. Just...thinking" she said, turning away.
What to do, what to do?
She wasn't brave enough to leave this place yet.
Doing something she loved would take her mind off of everything...
There's a pencil. And a piece of paper

« previous 1 3