Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Miscellaneous Book Talk > Library Saturday 2/8/14

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7809 comments I returned four print books unread and picked up four audios that I have a better chance of getting through.

W is for Wasted by Sue Grafton
Bellman & Black: A Ghost Story by Diane Setterfield
Imitation in Death by J.D. Robb
Light of the World by James Lee Burke

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14300 comments I am always more likely to find more time to get to an audio over print too, Carol! Unless it is on Overdrive which I'd sho unpredictable for availability - which happened this week and I decided to try the print version of Shovel Ready: A Novel and let the audio go. That was my library Saturday. ;)

message 3: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3501 comments my library book or should I say my sister's library book is due the 22th I'm hoping to get though it in the next day or two and maybe take it back by the end of the week if I'm lucky.

message 4: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments No library for me. I'm back in Chicago for an extended period to deal with a family health problem. Luckily I have a good backlog of books on the Kindle to keep me busy for a while.

message 5: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments Daniel wrote: "No library for me. I'm back in Chicago for an extended period to deal with a family health problem. Luckily I have a good backlog of books on the Kindle to keep me busy for a while."

Hope things turn out okay, but know that's not always the case. Maybe the weather will cooperate and get better for the Second City while you're there.

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1606 comments Daniel wrote: "No library for me. I'm back in Chicago for an extended period to deal with a family health problem. Luckily I have a good backlog of books on the Kindle to keep me busy for a while."

Sorry to hear that Dan :( That's one of the reasons I love my Kindle!

message 7: by LizH (new)

LizH (liz_h) | 955 comments Sorry for your circumstances, but Chicago and a kindle is a dream!!

message 8: by Barry (new)

Barry (barrypz) | 2965 comments Hope it works out Dan.

message 9: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14300 comments Thinking of you and your family, Dan. We are here for you and I hope the health issues will have a good outcome.

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Dan, I hope everything will be okay.

message 11: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3594 comments will be thinking of you, dan.

message 12: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Hope everything goes well Dan.

message 13: by Donnajo (new)

Donnajo | 3501 comments Dan, I hope everything will be okay. my thoughts and prayers.

message 14: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7809 comments Hang in there, Dan.

message 15: by Dan in AZ (new)

Dan in AZ | 2628 comments Thank you. Things are progressing slowly. Still undetermined how long I'll be here. Getting some reading done, although not as much as I'd like. Olympics taking up some of my free time.

message 16: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7809 comments Oh, I'm having fun thinking of you watching ice dancing along with me this evening!!!

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy | 1342 comments Watching it too.

message 18: by Brakedrum (new)

Brakedrum | 1203 comments Congrats to USA, we won the gold in Ice Dancing. I caught the end of Hockey on Saturday between USA and Russia. We won that one, onto the next round.

message 19: by Donnajo (last edited Feb 18, 2014 09:38AM) (new)

Donnajo | 3501 comments The girl who is on the 3 women bobsled team from USA that I believe they are today she's the driver I believe. She's from my town just found that out yesterday on my town's fb page.

message 20: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3599 comments Brakedrum wrote: "Congrats to USA, we won the gold in Ice Dancing. I caught the end of Hockey on Saturday between USA and Russia. We won that one, onto the next round."

I was happy the US pair won the Ice Dancing, but to be totally honest I didn't think their routine was that great. The Russian pair who wore all black and skated to Swan Lake were just incredible, IMHO.

message 21: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 14300 comments Melodie: I thought the black swan routine the Russian couple performed was the best too. That was so beautiful to watch. The USA gold medal performance seemed to be more technically perfect based on the announcers' comments. It seemed flawless but had a more clinical feel to it. IMHO
Melodie wrote: "I was happy the US pair won the Ice Dancing, but to be totally honest I didn't think their routine was that great. The Russian pair who wore all black and skated to Swan Lake were just incredible, IMHO.."