Paper Towns Paper Towns discussion

THE PANTS!!

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna In the book, when they're on the way to New York and they stop at the gas station Quentin thinks he should probably buy some clothes since they're all buck naked. He mentions that there are camouflage pants. He SAYS THERE ARE CAMOUFLAGE PANTS and then he doesn't buy them. He buys ONE oversized shirt and hands it to Radar. WHY? Why would he do that? WHY DIDN"T HE JUST BUY THE FUCKING PAIR OF PANTS THAT HE MENTIONED AS SOON AS HE WENT IN TO THE GAS STATION? WHY EVEN MENTION IT AT ALL. UGHHH.

Maia that is true

Anne Hagins I like how Green writes this long-ass novel about letting go and freedom and all you can focus on is a pair of camouflage pants. *slow claps*

Naushad Maybe it's another clue.

Anna Anne wrote: "I like how Green writes this long-ass novel about letting go and freedom and all you can focus on is a pair of camouflage pants. *slow claps*"

It's the little details that count.

Anne Hagins Anna wrote: "Anne wrote: "I like how Green writes this long-ass novel about letting go and freedom and all you can focus on is a pair of camouflage pants. *slow claps*"

It's the little details that count."

True enough, but I still think you might be overreacting a bit

message 7: by Gerd (last edited Feb 27, 2014 01:55AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gerd I would guess that Green just lost his thought of train there.
Maybe he's easily distracted. :)

message 8: by Renee (new) - added it

Renee John Green adds a lot of little details all over the place, though. There are a lot of situations that don't really add anything to his stories- except humor. Like the peeing in the blue bottle.

Mikaela Anne wrote: "I like how Green writes this long-ass novel about letting go and freedom and all you can focus on is a pair of camouflage pants. *slow claps*"

hahahah very true. but when i do think of this book the whole part about the racist clothes and grad dresses is my favourite part

Amanda Let's not forget the Black Santas. Never forget.