Clean Reads discussion

Clean Reads Book Club > Books I fall in love with

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Sprouse | 5 comments I love clean reads...they're my favorite, although I did get sucked into the 50 Shades madness. I look back now and wonder how I managed to read those novels. My all time favorites...Nora Roberts, Debbie Macomber, Robyn Carr, and Danielle Steele. I also thoroughly enjoy the assorted authors at Bell Bridge Books. If you haven't ventured off the beaten path to see them, you should! I've just joined the team with a small town romance, "All the Little Things," and believe in good, clean fun. Later books might get a little steamier, but never too much so. My mother always said the old, classic movies were best because they left it to the imagination. The same is said about great books!

message 2: by Mary (new)

Mary | 26 comments I agree with your mother, and about books too.

message 3: by Joan (new)

Joan (jomarcho1) | 31 comments Danielle Steele doesn't leave much to the imagination. Her very first book was good but the later ones were not even close to clean.

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Sprouse | 5 comments Truth be told, I haven't read any of her books since I was in high school and that was...yipes...25 years ago! The last one I read was "Fine Things" and I thought that was a beautiful story. More recent novels that really make my heart smile belong to Debbie Macomber, Emily March, Luanne Rice, and then there's always Lavyrle Spencer. I wish she was still writing!

message 5: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Sprouse | 5 comments Does anyone have a recommendation about a new author doing clean reads? I'm in search of a new favorite....Oh, Nicholas Sparks...How could I forget about him? I love some of his novels, like "The Notebook."

message 6: by Coralknitz (new)

Coralknitz | 8 comments Edie Claire, Erin Healy and Lis Wiehl are pretty good authors.

message 7: by Heidi (new)

Heidi Sprouse | 5 comments Adding another story some of you might like to check out. It's one of my earlier attempts, a young adult novel at smashwords.com. Type in Deep in the Heart of Dixie or my name to read the story of a teenager who flees her abusive step-father after her mother's death. She'll head to the South and reinvent herself. There's true love, loyalty, and strength in these characters and it's clean! See what you think and let me know! I'm always looking for feedback and ways to improve!

message 8: by Anna (last edited Mar 13, 2014 07:58AM) (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 206 comments When some of these not-so-clean books are made into films and we get a love scene lasting a couple of minutes, I sometimes hear myself say to the T.V. "Oh please get on with the story". So I'd agree with your mother, Heidi.

Of course we know a kiss can last a lot longer than two minutes but we don't need to see it all.

Some of the best love stories are those that allow our own hearts to search out and feel the twists and turns of the story.

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited May 10, 2014 03:20PM) (new)

Hi Heidi, are you familiar with author Julianne Donaldson? I really liked "Blackmoore".

message 10: by J (new)

J | 4 comments Just finished The Villain's Guide to Better Living
by Neil Zawacki. Great clean read! :)

message 11: by S.A. (last edited Oct 10, 2014 03:03AM) (new)

S.A. Thorup (sathorup) | 27 comments The Tales of Goldstone Wood series by Anne Elisabeth Stengl is clean and is well-written :)

message 12: by W.A. (new)

W.A. | 13 comments Richard Paul Evans tends to be pretty clean. I've only read his Michael Vey books, but I think he has some books out that have more romantic notes to them.

message 13: by CarolynB (new)

CarolynB (carolynlb) | 12 comments I've read a lot (10-15?) of Richard Paul Evans' books but none of the Michael Vey series. All of the ones I've read are clean. (And good.)

message 14: by Kim (new)

Kim | 18 comments Yes I agree with the other 2 responses all of Richard Paul Evans/Michael Vey's novels are extremely safely clean in sexuality.