Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general & ongoing) > 2014 February - What Are You Reading?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 91 (91 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Oh dear - it has happened again. We've forgotten to post a new topic for the month!

So, tell us what you are reading :)

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I've just finished Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden and have started Mountain Prey by Lyn Gala ...

message 3: by Breann (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:36PM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments I'm in the middle of Queens of the Apocalypse by Rob Rosen .

message 4: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "I've just finished Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden and have started Mountain Prey by Lyn Gala..."

Mountain Prey looks good, Jane!

message 5: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I've listened to Up From the Grave and read Before Jamaica Lane - great start to February! Currently I'm reading Bound By Blood for the FAC and listening to Untamed and am enjoying both of those too!

Isn't this a beautiful cover?! Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3) by Samantha Young I don't know if it is the coloring or her expression or what, but it is just striking to me!

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Breann wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "I've just finished Hotter After Midnight (Midnight, #1) by Cynthia Eden and have started Mountain Prey by Lyn Gala..."

Mountain Prey looks good, Jane!"

So far so good - some pretty sarcastic humour in it ;)

message 7: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:14PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments MountainKat wrote: "I've listened to Up From the Grave and read Before Jamaica Lane - great start to February! Currently I'm reading Bound By Blood for the FAC and list..."

I'm going to listen to On Dublin Street (On Dublin Street, #1) by Samantha Young soon for the MnG - looking forward to it!

But have to finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson first, which I am loving. And then have to listen to Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews , one of my fav series at the mo.

(I have to listen in a particular order due to the Daisy Chain Audiobook Challenge ;)

message 8: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "(I have to listen in a particular order due to the Daisy Chain Audiobook Challenge ;) "

I am going to totally fail at that challenge! I will be lucky to link them together as Scattered Daisies! I'm just not good at planning in advance, I'm better at putting it all together in the end...

message 9: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I have only the first three planned - after that, I'm doing it 'on the fly'...

message 10: by Breann (new)

Breann | 0 comments MountainKat wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "(I have to listen in a particular order due to the Daisy Chain Audiobook Challenge ;) "

I am going to totally fail at that challenge! I will be lucky to link them together as Sc..."

I have two down but I'm not sure how I'm going to link When Beauty Tamed the Beast to a M/M book. I'm listening to two M/F books in a row... it's just too much ;D

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2014 06:05PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Try the length option, Breann... that's a good one for cross-genres :) And is WBTTB a series? Could you link using book 1 (WBTTB) to book 1 in another series?

message 12: by Breann (last edited Feb 08, 2014 06:09PM) (new)

Breann | 0 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Try the length option, Breann... that's a good one for cross-genres :) And is WBTTB a series? Could you link using book 1 (WBTTB) to book 1 in another series?"

Oh! I hadn't thought of series number! It's #2 in a series but that would be perfect for Max and Finn. (the narrator cracks me up) I think you rec'd #1 for me in the GB.

message 13: by Amie (new)

Amie (alm0824) | 260 comments I finished Deadly Lies by Cynthia Eden today and loved it, glad to have that series finished. I'll be starting Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis tonight.

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Breann wrote: "Jane (PS) wrote: "Try the length option, Breann... that's a good one for cross-genres :) And is WBTTB a series? Could you link using book 1 (WBTTB) to book 1 in another series?"

Oh! I hadn't th..."

He's a character isn't he?? So OTT!

message 15: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Amie wrote: "I finished Deadly Lies by Cynthia Eden today and loved it, glad to have that series finished. I'll be starting Animal Magnetism by [author:Jill Shalvis..."

I really want to read a Jill Shalvis but I want to do it in audiobook, but they aren't available in Australia :( Might have to check out discs! (SO yesterday!)

message 16: by Fran, Moderator (last edited Feb 08, 2014 06:53PM) (new)

Fran | 11055 comments I finished Elements of Retrofit Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1) by N.R. Walker and loved it. I am definitely going to read the next one. I actually wished this one had been longer (and I rarely say that), I enjoyed the guys banter and personalities so much.

Starting Before Jamaica Lane Before Jamaica Lane (On Dublin Street, #3) by Samantha Young tonight or tomorrow. But probably won't get much read until Monday.

message 17: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Fran wrote: "I finished Elements of RetrofitElements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin, #1) by N.R. Walker and loved it. I am definitely going to read the next one. I actually wished this one had been longer (and I ..."

Just added Elements of Retrofit to my wishlist, Fran. Sounds good!

message 18: by Kendra (new)

Kendra Mcglothin | 101 comments Right now I'm reading Smart Mouth Waitress Smart Mouth Waitress. Then I'll probably start The Lost Wolf's Destiny although I already have it on my currently reading list....lol. Of course I could ready The Lost Wolf's Destiny while I'm up and Smart Mouth Waitress when I'm in bed, I don't know.....lol

message 19: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments LOL - what to do, what to do? I often have a couple of 'print'/ebooks on the go at once. It depends on my mood :)

message 20: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I usually have one audio and one ebook going at a time. But mood can really play a role in what I pick or how long it takes to get through it!

message 21: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments MountainKat wrote: "I usually have one audio and one ebook going at a time. But mood can really play a role in what I pick or how long it takes to get through it!"

Yes - the audiobook is always there in the background :)

...I'm busting to get back to The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson ! And I'm driving today, so I'll get most of the way through it since I'm in the back third of the book :) *happy dance*

message 22: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I'm glad you are enjoying that one, I really struggled to get through the series. I'm glad I read it, but it wasn't a favorite and I won't be rereading it in the future!

message 23: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments MountainKat wrote: "I'm glad you are enjoying that one, I really struggled to get through the series. I'm glad I read it, but it wasn't a favorite and I won't be rereading it in the future!"

It takes me a while to pick up the next in the series (they are so LONG) but once I get immersed, I love it. And the narrator is great - he is different from your narrator - I think he is Swedish with an English accent. His words (especially the names and places) just flow!

message 24: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished A Devil in the Details (Jesse James Dawson, #1) by K.A. Stewart - 3-1/2 star book to me.

message 25: by jingles (last edited Feb 10, 2014 07:54AM) (new)

jingles This weekend I read Chasing Perfect by Susan Mallery, which I really enjoyed. I've already got book #2 of the series, and hope to get to it soon.
Chasing Perfect (Fool's Gold, #1) by Susan Mallery

Now I'm listening to French Pressed by Cleo Coyle, which is a fun cozy mystery.
French Pressed (Coffeehouse Mystery, #6) by Cleo Coyle

message 26: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished reading Still Missing by Chevy Stevens great book! I finished the audiobook The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf (Naked Werewolf, #2) by Molly Harper , really cute. Now I'm reading Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School, #2) by Gail Carriger

message 27: by Liza (new)

Liza | 115 comments I am re-reading The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards with a new book club (because before I listened on audio and didn't pay enough attention).

I am reading Anything We Love Can Be Saved by Alice Walker for my Yahtzee challenge.

I am reading You've Got It All Wrong by Ingrid Ricks because it was an ARC from LT.

message 28: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished Dark Storm (Dark #23) by Christine Feehan Dark Stranger (Primes, #8) by Susan Sizemore Highlander Most Wanted (The Montgomerys and Armstrongs, #2) by Maya Banks I loved all of them!
The Man Must Marry (Sinclair Brothers, #1) by Janet Chapman not as good as her Highlander series
W is for Wasted (Kinsey Millhone #23) by Sue Grafton The Thief (The Queen's Thief, #1) by Megan Whalen Turner 2 stars

Currently reading The Quartered Sea (Quarters, #4) by Tanya Huff Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Falcon at the Portal( Amelia Peabody, #11) by Elizabeth Peters

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments finished Board Resolution Board Resolution (Knights of the Board Room, #1) by Joey W. Hill and it was a nice start to the series. their were a few parts i thought were too far-fetched, but otherwise good. now i'm reading/listening to Turn and Burn Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys, #5) by Lorelei James . i've missed the Blacktop series.

message 30: by Nicole (new)

Nicole I just finished My Immortal Protector I actually really enjoyed it. At the moment I am reading a couple books Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) by Jayne Ann Krentz and Possess Me (Bone Daddy #1) there really good so far :)

message 31: by Erin (new)

Erin H | 758 comments I'm still working on The Lord of the Rings but I finished The Mammoth Book of Scottish Romance by Trisha Telep and I really enjoyed most of the selections!

message 32: by R.M. (last edited Feb 17, 2014 09:47AM) (new)

R.M. | 5 comments I am reading Addicted to You by Krista and Becca Ritchie. :-)

message 33: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I'm reading Magic Rises Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews

message 34: by Sandra J (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 366 comments I just finished Bear Naked (Halle Shifters, #3) by Dana Marie Bell which I really enjoyed and which sent me into a reread of Cynful (Halle Shifters, #2) by Dana Marie Bell . Next up is River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz unless I get distracted by something else.

message 35: by Amber (new)

Amber | 715 comments Just read Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #22) by Sherrilyn Kenyon and it was really depressing and gut wrenching, so now onto something lighter You Dropped a Blonde on Me (Ex Trophy Wives #1) by Dakota Cassidy

message 36: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments I finished Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6) by Ilona Andrews , loved it - 5 stars.

I'm now reading Perdition (Dred Chronicles, #1) by Ann Aguirre

message 37: by Lama (new)

Lama Noureddine | 20 comments hello, I am currently a college student overwhelmed with school but I love to read.. so I am looking for a fun quick romance book. Any suggestions?

Domino (aka Meme) (bryghtstarr) | 409 comments Lama here are a few i really liked. hope u haven't read these.

The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1) by Jaci Burton Too Much Temptation (Brava Brothers, #1) by Lori Foster Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys, #1) by Lorelei James Sugar Daddy (Travises, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 39: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments Lama wrote: "hello, I am currently a college student overwhelmed with school but I love to read.. so I am looking for a fun quick romance book. Any suggestions?"

Have you tried any Jill Shalvis? I think her Lucky Harbor or Animal Magnetism series fit that description perfectly!

message 40: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I finished in audio The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson the other day - 5 stars fantastic! - and straight away started on Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews which I am also loving :)

message 41: by Anamarija (new)

Anamarija I gotta finish Tessa Bailey series Staking His Claim (Line of Duty, #5) by Tessa Bailey with my friend.

I think I might start Down London Road (On Dublin Street, #2) by Samantha Young or The Missing Link (Marked, #1) by J.M. Sevilla next.

If anyone is up for a buddy read,let me know. I'm also open for almost any book, just compare our tbr list and pm me.

message 42: by R.M. (new)

R.M. | 5 comments I just finished Raw by Belle Aurora - which was disturbing but compelling.

On to Tattoo Thief (Tattoo Thief, #1) by Heidi Joy Tretheway

message 43: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 354 comments Just finished Fatal Strike (McClouds & Friends #10) by Shannon McKenna . This book is a fabulous romantic suspense with a bit of psi thrown in.

It is the 10th in the McClouds & Friends Series (which I didn't realise when I picked it up). But I had no problem reading this as a stand alone.

Now I am onto Surrender the Dawn (Surrender to Destiny #3) by MaryLu Tyndall for some swashbuckling historical romance.

message 44: by Allie (last edited Feb 21, 2014 05:13PM) (new)

Allie Does it have to be romance? I'm new to this group. I just finished Labor Day by Joyce Maynard

message 45: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments Allie wrote: "Does it have to be romance? I'm new to this group. I just finished Labor Day by Joyce Maynard"

It doesn't have to be romance, but most of our books that we read and post here ARE romance :) A lot of our members do read other genres.

For example, I've recently finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson - not romance; but also just completed Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels, #3) by Ilona Andrews - urban fantasy with a solid undercurrent of romance :) I loved both books!

message 46: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I've finished several books recently Bear, Otter, and the Kid, Sweet Thursday, Uncharted and Wild Man - all 4 Star reads!

Now, I just need to figure out what to read next... Probably some M&G books I should get to!

message 47: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19879 comments I'm reading The Nothingness of Ben by Brad Boney which I'm really enjoying. ...Especially as it is a break from Crack the Darkest Sky Wide Open by Eric Arvin - I have one story to go in this anthology. It really IS dark - not much romance, and in a couple of cases, none. But it does showcase what these MM romance authors CAN do outside their main genre...

message 48: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 20413 comments I loved The Nothingness of Ben! So sweet and 5 stars for me!

message 49: by Carolyn F. (new)

Carolyn F. | 721 comments Finished Perdition, 4 stars and Deadshifted 2-1/2 stars.

message 50: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ | 3564 comments Finished
The Quartered Sea (Quarters, #4) by Tanya Huff Untold (The Lynburn Legacy, #2) by Sarah Rees Brennan The Hour of Dust and Ashes (Charlie Madigan, #3) by Kelly Gay Unscrewed (A Chrissy McMullen Mystery #3) by Lois Greiman The Falcon at the Portal( Amelia Peabody, #11) by Elizabeth Peters You're Next by Gregg Hurwitz Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, #2) by Ransom Riggs Dark Lycan (Dark, #24) by Christine Feehan Deadly Heat (Deadly, #2) by Cynthia Eden Instant Gratification (Wilder, #2) by Jill Shalvis Embrace the Night Eternal (Envy Chronicles, #2) by Joss Ware

Currently reading Steel's Edge (The Edge, #4) by Ilona Andrews and listening to The Kill Room (Lincoln Rhyme, #10) by Jeffery Deaver

« previous 1