The White Queen (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #2) The White Queen discussion

Where does one end and the other begins?

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm watching the Miniseries now, and I know its three books in a 10 part miniseries. Can anyone tell me where in the series does "The white Queen" end and "The Red Queen" begins? Where does "The king makers daughter" begins?

Example
There's an episode titled "The Bad Queen" is that from "The Red Queen" or is it still from "The white Queen' ?

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Beth Hopkins All three books actually happen at the same time, just from each womans experiences and point of view

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Ohhh I see. Thanks.

message 4: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula Also I think the mini series is only focusing on the White Queen.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

No, I don't think so. It says that its the White Queen, Red Queen and The king maker's daughter.

Lucy All 3 book cross over. they are just point of view of 3 different people. But Philippa Gregory puts as White Queen, Red Queen and then The King Maker's Daughter. (But i put it Red Queen, White Queen and then The King Maker's Daughter. But thats just me)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucy wrote: "All 3 book cross over. they are just point of view of 3 different people. But Philippa Gregory puts as White Queen, Red Queen and then The King Maker's Daughter. (But i put it Red Queen, White Quee..."

Thanks Lucy. I see that you only gave The white Queen 2 stats. Do you like the Red Queen Better?

Lucy Yes I do. The red queen to me shows that even back then women could play a big part and make shore there side one (as she did)

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucy wrote: "Yes I do. The red queen to me shows that even back then women could play a big part and make shore there side one (as she did)"

I've watched the Mini series. What did you think of it?

message 10: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy That's the thing these books they don't work like that. For most of the times it's all happening at the same time just 3 different point of view. In the books we start the red queen when she was getting married , white queen when she meets Edward and the kingmakers daughter when she meets Elizabeth !!

message 11: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy Love the miniseries. Amazing acting !!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Lucy wrote: "That's the thing these books they don't work like that. For most of the times it's all happening at the same time just 3 different point of view. In the books we start the red queen when she was ge..."

Jeez I'm so embarrassed! So the Red Queen and the White Queen is the same person?

message 13: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy Oh no no no. Sorry they are a bit odd. No two different people. The books show the same events thought different points of view. They see the world differently

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

OHHH Okay Jeez. For a second I thought I was the Dumbest person on the face of the Earth!

message 15: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy Haha know your as sane as me or just a bit more in a off

Vanessa  Eden Patton Lucy wrote: "Yes I do. The red queen to me shows that even back then women could play a big part and make shore there side one (as she did)"

what does 'shore' mean? Do you mean 'won' instead of 'one'?

I think you mean 'sure' instead of 'shore'.

message 17: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy Yeah sorry. dyslexic spelling never been grate for me

Joana I totally agree with the comment above, I loved the mini-series, even though I was kinda afraid of hating it (I am not known for liking book adaptations). However it surprised me a lot because it was really well adapted, the acting was great and the way the entwined the three books was beautifully done.
Nonetheless, I just finished reading The White Princess and I would've loved if they had included that aswell. Maybe they can adapt it to the big screen? I think it would be very interesting to see the beginning of the Tudor dinasty bloom.

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 14, 2014 03:29PM) (new)

Joana wrote: "I totally agree with the comment above, I loved the mini-series, even though I was kinda afraid of hating it (I am not known for liking book adaptations). However it surprised me a lot because it w..."

I hear that The Staz Cable channel will continue with the story. So I guess The White Princess will be Adapted for that.

Hopefully this is true.

message 20: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy OMG i would love that. The white princess is such a good book!!!

Vanessa  Eden Patton I didn't even know The White Princess existed! I loved the white queen and I bought the mini series...it was awesome too. I will have to check the white princess out!

Vanessa  Eden Patton Lucy wrote: "Yeah sorry. dyslexic spelling never been grate for me"

well at least you didn't have a problem spelling dyslexic.

message 23: by Lucy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lucy Google is helpful . The white princess came out last yeah in the U.K. Don't know about the rest of the world. But it is very good (read it 10 time over)

Vanessa  Eden Patton Lucy wrote: "Google is helpful . The white princess came out last yeah in the U.K. Don't know about the rest of the world. But it is very good (read it 10 time over)"

I will look for it today when I go to the bookstore! :)

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Google, The White Queen season 2. You'll fing that the Srarz cable channel is devolping it. Whether or not it would be focused on the White Priness....I'm not sure.

Vanessa  Eden Patton Slim wrote: "Google, The White Queen season 2. You'll fing that the Srarz cable channel is devolping it. Whether or not it would be focused on the White Priness....I'm not sure."

Oh...snap! Season two?! I have been so tore up over the Outlander series that Starz is going to do, I haven't looked into any of their other series.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Vanessa Eden wrote: "Slim wrote: "Google, The White Queen season 2. You'll fing that the Srarz cable channel is devolping it. Whether or not it would be focused on the White Priness....I'm not sure."

Oh...snap! Season..."

Yes, Look it up, I'm sure you'll find it. I'm excited too!