Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Language & Translation Issues > Graded readers for language learning

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dr (new)

Dr Dabbler | 5 comments I've been reading lots of graded readers in French and German lately, and in the process, combining editions etc. of those that I've come across.
Meanwhile, I notice that some series, such as Collection Découverte, usefully contain the reading level in the subtitle. I think this is very useful for those looking for books, so I've started doing the same for other series.
However, one thing I've been correcting on other people's entries is where the level has been put in English instead of the target language. Most of these series are not just written for native English speakers.
Example: "Die Neue: Stufe 1" for a German level 1 book called "Die Neue", "Jojo: Niveau 0 - Intro" in French (publisher's original subtitle).

message 2: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments These may be records being imported from places where they are listed in different ways. Certainly, no part of the title or subtitle should be translated or otherwise listed as anything other than the title or subtitle shown on the book itself.