Gore and More discussion

The Rain Dancers
This topic is about The Rain Dancers
Recommend A Horror Novel > The Rain Dancers by Greg f Gifune

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (last edited Feb 08, 2014 12:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

William (wmcc) A mysterious stranger shows up in the middle of a rain storm claiming to be an old friend of the family. This stranger is a nice old man with wonderful stories about the family's past.He's seemingly harmless,but is he?

I really enjoyed this one(probably my fave Gifune book to date)!!The build up of tension and suspense was amazing.I just love his dark atmospheric style.

The Rain Dancers by Greg F. Gifune

message 2: by Kevin (new) - added it

Kevin (spiralcity) | 406 comments Mod
Thanks for the heads up on this one. I have 4 or 5 titles by Gifune stored in my nook.

message 3: by JDB (new) - added it

JDB | 64 comments I'm adding this to my TBR also. Thanks William.

Cliff | 5 comments Would this be the best title to use as an introduction to gifune, or would another title be recommended to someone who is new to this author?

Ive seen a lot of praise for "bleeding season" as well. I also think the write up on "rogue" looks very fun too. I can't decide which one to purchase to start.

William (wmcc) I would say it's as good a place as any as a first Gifune read,although there are loads of his books I've yet to read.It's much shorter than Bleeding Season and some of his other work, but it does give a decent enough taste of his writing style.

Sorcerer by Greg F. Gifune is another good one.

message 6: by Kevin (last edited May 29, 2014 09:51PM) (new) - added it

Kevin (spiralcity) | 406 comments Mod
Cliff wrote: "Would this be the best title to use as an introduction to gifune, or would another title be recommended to someone who is new to this author?

Ive seen a lot of praise for "bleeding season" as well..."

We did a book read on The Bleeding Season, It appears everyone who read in the group were in agreement that's it's a damn good book.

So far Gifune hasn't disappointed me. I have yet to read The Rain Dancers, but I'm going to take Williams word that it's a pretty good read.