Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Question

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carla (new)

Carla Capshaw (carlacapshaw) | 987 comments Mod
When and how was the first time you heard about Love Inspired Historical? Did you see an ad or hear from a friend, something else? Thanks for letting us know!

message 2: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments To be honest I have no Idea but I think it was in the bookshop. In fact I am fairly sure it was in the koorong catalogue on special.

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Alexander (HannahAlexander) | 59 comments I heard about it when my editor asked me to write one of the launch books for it-Hideaway Home. At the time there was no Goodreads, so if I hadn't been involved in it, I might have missed it completely.

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I heard about Love Inspired Historical through Goodreads.

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Alexander (HannahAlexander) | 59 comments Look at how many authors and readers are placed together through Goodreads. That's a huge service!

message 6: by Melody (last edited Feb 08, 2014 03:38PM) (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I found out through Janet, after she invited me to this group because I liked her Love Inspired series and became a fan or whatever here on Goodreads.

message 7: by Carla (new)

Thank you, everyone!

message 8: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Oh do you mean this group? if so I had joined goodreads and joined a couple of groups. not really sure who invited me or if I saw the list in the list of groups.

message 9: by Carla (new)

Hi Jenny,

No, you got it right. We were wondering how people found our books in general. Thanks!

message 10: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments oh cool. It would have been Koorong the Christian bookshop here in Australia. That was before I was really active on blogs etc.

message 11: by Alayna (new)

Alayna | 9 comments I found out about LIH through my grandmother. She and I both love to read and she started giving me some of her books to read and she gave me some LIH books :)

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 340 comments It was one of my sisters who 1st found out about the LI line ~ I think it was on Amazon through the Because you bought this you might like this or the People who bought this also bought feeds that pop up when you're buying something.

She was intrigued, bought one, & we were hooked! Can't remember now whether it was an LI, LIH or LIS that she 1st bought but we quickly discovered the other lines after that & have been avid fans of all 3 ever since!

message 13: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments Agreed Wendy, I am fans of all the Love Inspired lines! Amazing authors all around!

message 14: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Wendy, it's good to know that the "you might like this" function of Amazon works! I've certainly used it from time to time.

Thank you all for supporting Love Inspired, especially Love Inspired Historical!

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (blacjak) | 9 comments Through the back advertisement of the modern Love inspired books series books after receiving a mail invitation to try the book club. I didn't sign up for the book club, but I kept hoping I would finally get sent an offer for LIH and read them at the library when they had them. Finally, last year, I was able to become a member of the book club.

message 16: by Joy (new)

Joy I'm almost positive I was reading Love Inspired contemporary stories at the time and discovered Love Inspired Historical through those. However it was, I am glad I did!

message 17: by Janis Kay (new)

Janis Kay (riceball1759) | 211 comments Uhhh I'm not really sure, but I know that before I got into LI, I was getting into a few super romance and stuff cuz my grandma would read Harlequin all the time. Then I learned about LI and have enjoyed reading the historical ever since. Occasionally I get the suspense and regular as well. In a way, you can say it's a way to connect with my grandma since I never knew her. Ever so slowly, I'm learning the similarities between us through my mom lol.