2014 Hub Reading Challenge discussion

Stonewall Award > Two Boys Kissing

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Adrienne (new)

Adrienne | 6 comments WOW! I'd heard all the buzz about this book and skeptical. I wasn't expecting such a poetic story. So touching.

message 2: by Kelly Giorgi (new)

Kelly Giorgi | 2 comments Loved this book. I thought it was so well written and the story was so amazing. One of my favorites from the list so far.

message 3: by Robin (new)

Robin (molerat) | 1 comments I loved this one, too. I'm thrilled to see this book available to teens!

message 4: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 14 comments David Levithan did one of the Pep Talks for Nanowrimo last year and I loved his way with words. I have been meaning to read one of his books, so I was glad to see this on the Hub list. I'll read it as soon as the library gets it back on the shelf.

message 5: by Ariel (new)

Ariel Birdoff (madam_pince) | 19 comments David Levithan's words are poetry. I get the feeling that he crafted each sentence as he would verse. I loved the feeling and the story of this book.

message 6: by Mindy (new)

Mindy | 6 comments beautiful writing!

message 7: by Devera (new)

Devera Chandler (developyourya) | 32 comments I understand that this book is loved by so many readers. For me, the poetic tendencies sometimes bordered on tedious and a little too drawn out. (I know, you are all gasping in dismay.). Honestly, I loved the voices and stories of those who had passed, who couldn't experience what teens these days can, and I love the book for pointing that out and reminding teens of how fortunate they can be. I am just saying that sometimes the voices could have been more in the background of the book instead of the forefront.

message 8: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 14 comments This was beautiful. I finished it late last night and haven't been able to write a review yet. Hands-down, the best of the challenge so far. I want to give it to everyone I know. This is the kind of book that could save a life.