Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) Vampire Academy discussion

The movie only made 1.6 million opening day, fans why aren't you going to see the movie?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 103 (103 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Michael Do you want this to flop and not get sequels?

Michael The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!

Michael People are already saying vampire academy is a disaster.

Books By Ces AND ITS SAAAAAAAD the move was really good!! I liked it a lot!

Marlene Ocampo Michael wrote: "The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!"

Books By Ces Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Michael wrote: "The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!"

"

yeah well that movie is tough to follow.. but you know waht? I went early with my 5 year old son and ateched Lego, than I went at 9:30 to watch VA!!! we can support both movies...!!

Michael Cecilia (CesBookGeek) wrote: "Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Michael wrote: "The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!"

"

yeah well that movie is tough to follow.. but you know waht? I went early with my 5 year old son an..."

Whats so great about the lego movie, its for toddlers?

marie I would go if we could stop having blizzards!!!

Angie Elle It looks like a parody to me, and I do not want to picture the man who is cast as Dimitri in my future rereads. It would completely ruin him for me.

To each their own; as I've said before, I hope those of you who do go to see it love it. I just don't want to risk a diminished love for the series because of the movie.

Michael Angie wrote: "It looks like a parody to me, and I do not want to picture the man who is cast as Dimitri in my future rereads. It would completely ruin him for me.

To each their own; as I've said before, I hope ..."

I didn't know a movie being made can change something that is already published.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Michael wrote: "Angie wrote: "It looks like a parody to me, and I do not want to picture the man who is cast as Dimitri in my future rereads. It would completely ruin him for me.

To each their own; as I've said b..."

You'd be surprised. Just like Twilight, I never imagined Edward to look like Robert Patterson. And now, after watching that, every time I hear his name R. Pats pops into my mind.

And plus, a movie will never beat one's own imagination. I prefer my imagination not someone else's interpretation.

Marlene Ocampo Michael wrote: "Cecilia (CesBookGeek) wrote: "Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Michael wrote: "The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!"

"

yeah well that movie is tough to follow.. but you know waht? I went e..."

I haven't seen The Lego Movie, but from what I've heard it has stunning animation, great characters, funny moments, and a thoughtful and moving story.

You'd be surprised by how the most mature and complicated films are so called "children's films."

Michael Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Michael wrote: "Cecilia (CesBookGeek) wrote: "Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Michael wrote: "The lego movie had 18 million on opening day!!!"

"

yeah well that movie is tough to follow.. but you kno..."

The movie is about lego characters.

Marlene Ocampo Vampire Academy is about horny teenagers.

Michael Eris GLaDOS Vakarian wrote: "Vampire Academy is about horny teenagers."

If you read the book you would know that wasn't so , and if you didn't well I don't even know what your doing here. This thread is for the people who read the book only hence the title.

message 16: by Michael (last edited Feb 08, 2014 04:57PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Michael And the lego movie is a film for 4year olds so if you love it so much that's where your mentality is. Go play little girl and leave vampire academy to the adults.

Rachel Vampire academy was amazing. I am one of the fans who has been waiting for the movie to come out for years. The book series is incredible and the movie had all the key elements in it. It was true to the book while still being a good "stand alone" film. If you can I highly recommend seeing it.

Michael Rachel wrote: "Vampire academy was amazing. I am one of the fans who has been waiting for the movie to come out for years. The book series is incredible and the movie had all the key elements in it. It was true t..."

I have been waiting 3 years!! I know exactly where your coming from.

Angela BECAUSE IT'S SUCKS!!!!!!

message 20: by Marlene (last edited Feb 08, 2014 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Marlene Ocampo Michael said: If you read the book you would know that wasn't so , and if you didn't well I don't even know what your doing here. This thread is for the people who read the book only hence the title.

And the lego movie is a film for 4year olds so if you love it so much that's where your mentality is. Go play little girl and leave vampire academy to the adults.

I think my point just flew over your head.

But if you want an explanation... Blanket statements such as "The movie is about lego characters," can do a disservice to the original material. Just like "Vampire Academy is about horny teenagers."

And both of our respective statements are true. But that's not all there is to it.

Marlene Ocampo Angela wrote: "BECAUSE IT'S SUCKS!!!!!!"

Most "adults" tend to agree with you: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/vampi...

angel I thought it wouldn't do too well, but not flop this badly. I heard it wasn't too bad, though fans of the books like it more than the critics. The Lego Movie did get really high ratings from critics and audience though... Makes me curious to see it. I think it was funny for many audiences, from younger children to adults who grew up playing with LEGO bricks.

message 23: by J.C. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.C. The movie isn't coming to a lot of small towns for a couple of weeks, so opening night means absolutletely nothing. Just because they changed the date to the 7th doesn't mean everyone else did.

Courtney A.K.A The Book Addict And plus this is only america and canada. Other countries have to wait for later dates to go see it.

And I don't think its the fans not going to see the movie, its the fact that the promoting of the film wasn't up to the best standards.

Leslie I saw the movie today and it was a solid 3 stars. I was bored throughout it, the actors except Rose were bad. Dimitri, that man just looked like an old, boring, man trying to stay fit. There was nothing remotely attractive about him(sooooo disappointing). The story was so off to me, almost to the point of not really making any sense.

NONE of the characters except Mason fit the bill to me. The girl who played Rose was the best one but I still didn't think she fit. There was no difference in build really between the Dh/Mo.

I felt bad because the books were SOOO good and that movie did not do it justice. I hope they don't make another one.

Nikita I loved it. I wish it was longer than it was but overall it was really good. There were some changes that left me, neutral. Cast was good, I love the girl playing Rose, fell in love with the guy playing Dimitri and liked the girl playing Lissa. They didn't get everything from the book but still enough for me as a fan to enjoy. I will be seeing it again soon.

I really hope they decide to turn all the books into movies.

Vixen As a VA fan as well as a Richelle Mead fan, I have to say that seeing the previews and the promotional movie posters and what not, I really was not excited by the fact they were making a movie. At first yeah, I was real excited. But then I seen what was going on and as soon as I seen lime green and hot pink fonting, and the overly repeated, "THEY SUCK AT SCHOOL" I bummed. Plus I seen the girl playing Rose and I was just like, wtf? I envisioned someone completely different, but I guess thats just the good of books. You have your own envision, and I guess it was completely wrong. Let down.

Ranya Alboslani I watched it today and I have to say it was AMAZING.

Parmida Asadi Angie wrote: "It looks like a parody to me, and I do not want to picture the man who is cast as Dimitri in my future rereads. It would completely ruin him for me.

To each their own; as I've said before, I hope ..."

i COMPLETELY agree.

message 30: by TRL (new) - rated it 5 stars

TRL Boyd It doesn't come out in Australia until 6 March. Movies are never as good as the books but I think it's fun to watch regardless. I like seeing other people's interpretations of what the characters look like in their minds.

message 31: by TRL (new) - rated it 5 stars

TRL Boyd Gabrielle wrote: "i think they should have released it world wide because its so easy to watch movies online - not that i do, but if people want to watch and don't wanna wait like 4 months for it, then there are ot..."

I agree! Mainly because I wanna watch it now : )

Tiffany Gallant I saw it yesterday, and thought it was awesome.

Crystal Simpson The movie didnt look good. If you hadnt read the book when the commercials came on you wouldnt want to see it. After watching the movie i felt it was rushed and i didnt connect with the characters. I was unimpressed and wouldn't go see any sequels. I will read the rest of the series.

message 34: by Rae (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rae I'M SO ANGRY!!! The movie doesn't come out in England for MONTHS!!!

Crystal Simpson ~♥Liv♥~ {Everything will be okay in the end} wrote: "At first I was really excited about the movie because I thought it would be pretty good but then the trailers looked a little cliché. I have nothing against the Daniel and Mark Waters, I think they..."

I agree Christain was the saving point to the story, he is in the movie as well.

message 36: by Macy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Macy Rodriguez I think the reason it's not doing as well as we expected for a YA series is because it's being painted as 'just another Vampire movie'. Even having read the book, after watching the advertisements, I began to question the movie's originality. They make it seem very cliche (I'm saying this before I've seen the movie), and almost like a chick flick. Still, I'm looking forward to the movie because I really liked the book.

message 37: by Jo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jo I was going to watch it on Friday when it came out. However, was too sick to do so. Boyfriend has Friday off so I plan on going then to watch it :)

Cindy I went and watched it on friday, there was not many people but i would like them to make the sequels at least for them to get to the rest of the book details fingers crossed

Gabby I thought it came out on the 14th?

Dixie I enjoyed it. It doesn't follow the book's story line, but I understand why they made the changes they did. And it is probably a better movie because of the differences. At the beginning I wasn't buying the guy who played Dimitri, but by the end he had gotten under my skin. : ) I would love to see the rest of the books brought to the screen.

Nicole Timko I'm waiting until it comes out on dvd. It looks terrible from watching the trailers.

Books By Ces Nicole wrote: "I'm waiting until it comes out on dvd. It looks terrible from watching the trailers."

The trailers didn't do justice, the movie is not bad at all... you should go check it out

Charlie No one wants their view of the book ruined by the movie.

The Angry Lawn Gnome I've got today off from work, so I'm going to be heading out in a bit to catch an early afternoon show. I'm afraid I don't have very high hopes, but we shall see. And I'm also afraid that if I don't see it now, it simply won't be there to see in a week or so, if you catch my drift.

Angie wrote: "It looks like a parody to me, and I do not want to picture the man who is cast as Dimitri in my future rereads. It would completely ruin him for me.
..."

FWIW, Richelle Mead is completely behind the movie, the casting, and, well,everything...

http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/...

How was the cast?

Um, awesome! Seriously. I’ve said from the beginning that I’ve loved the casting, and seeing them act just proved it. Every casting decision was spot on, and they were cast not just on their ability to play the character but also on how they interacted with the others. Chemistry is key in this series! Zoey IS Rose, and you’re going to have a hard time deciding which guy you love most because Danila, Dominic, and Cameron all knock it out of the park as Dimitri, Christian, and Mason.

Then again, from reading her blog it seems she's always struck me as bit more into the "hard sell" than I'd typically like.

Funny how I rated this book three stars way back when, but how both VA and now BL have stuck with me. Go figure. I never feel all that impressed as I'm reading along, but feel Compelled (pun intended) to pick up each installment and read them as they come out. :)

The Angry Lawn Gnome Michael wrote: "Do you want this to flop and not get sequels?"

I don't want it to flop, but I also don't want to pay to see awful movies. I'll pay to see this one, but if I don't like it I won't be attending any sequels.

And based upon the box office thus far I can't see how there will EVER be a sequel, whatever I do or do not do. I've seen numbers ranging from $30 to $60 million for the movie's cost...but even at the low end I don't see how they'll recoup their money at this point. I guess there's a slight chance some sort of direct to DVD release might happen, but I think things already look pretty grim in terms of another theatrical release.

Face reality, people. But, eh, I've been wrong before and very well could be wrong here.

Meera Patel If your fans, Please support the cause here:
https://www.facebook.com/events/82189...

Meera Patel Macy wrote: "I think the reason it's not doing as well as we expected for a YA series is because it's being painted as 'just another Vampire movie'. Even having read the book, after watching the advertisements,..."

Stays true to the books from when I went, Obviously I could follow just because I had read the whole series, but in the least it is entertaining and that is what movies are for!
I think people are prejudging honestly, but we are lucky we got 1 movie!

message 48: by César (last edited Feb 11, 2014 09:18AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

César Gomes I'm fan of VA almost four years . In Brazil the movie not yet was released , but by the review and comments of the people who already watched the movie everyone here not to bother with the changes.. I even considered that the actors chosen for the cast fell perfectly to the characters . The movie is perfect. To movie an adaptation , have to change. Even the novels of Nicholas Sparks when becomes films have changes . Remember to " A Walk To Remember " that does not have much to do with the book. Remember that even for TV series based on books undergoes changes , " True Blood," "Game of Thrones , " The Vampire Diaries " , " The Secret Circle " and " The Nine Lives of Chloe King " had changes. Put something in their heads , everything, everything the same , when it is adapted from books to film has changes.

message 49: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer This movie was incredible. Great acting. The casting fit the characters in the book. Awesome soundtrack. My only real complaint poor marketing and bad release date.

Emily I love vampire stories, been a fan for 30+ years. I am sorry to say, I just could not finish the first book. I found it boring. Thats just mho, I mean no disrespect to the fans, but it was a pass for me.

« previous 1 3