Bright Young Things discussion

Wigs on the Green
This topic is about Wigs on the Green
Hot books/small group reads > 'Wigs on the Green' by Nancy Mitford

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ruth Wigs on the Green by Nancy Mitford has come up in discussion lately as a follow-on from her second novel Christmas Pudding and also as an interesting companion read to Bright Young People: The Rise and Fall of a Generation 1918-1940. It's the third of Nancy Mitford's novels, published in 1935.

It was never republished in Nancy's lifetime and the reasons for this are examined in the introduction to the Penguin re-issue which you can read by clicking 'look inside' feature http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wigs-Green-Na...

I've already read Highland Fling and Christmas Pudding and I'm about halfway through Wigs on the Green now. I've enjoyed everything I've read by Nancy Mitford so far, and feel this book is a bit meatier than the previous two, very funny, and a lots of content relating to the social conventions of the period.

Nigeyb Brilliant. Thanks Sarah. I am not sure when I'll get round to Wigs on the Green. Hopefully in the next couple of months. Whenever it may be I will be back to share the experience with you, and hopefully a few other BTYers.

Bronwyn (nzfriend) | 651 comments I remember really enjoying this. I may reread it so I can discuss it better, but I've other things first. Looking back I definitely enjoyed it more than Pigeon Pie, and maybe just a little more than Highland Fling and Christmas Pudding.