John Green Book Club Group discussion

The Fault In Our Stars > Did anyone else not like the ending of this book?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Destinee (new)

Destinee Alvear | 1 comments I loved the book and i cant wait for the movie but i didn't like the ending , like i wanted soo much more, idk . But i did enjoy the book.

message 2: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I like how it ended like on the last page. However I didn't like what happened towards the end.

message 3: by Mary (new)

Mary W. B.  (stargirlmary) | 4 comments I felt like I'd been punched in the gut.

message 4: by Eaman (new)

Eaman It ended like how in "imperial affliction" ended. It makes sense. Though I would of wanted to know what happened to Hazel, I liked the ending. It makes me wonder of what will ever happen next.

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney | 3 comments ..I also felt as if I were punched in the gut. I was so attached to Augustus's character then he died. It was a great book though and I really,y want to see the movie

message 6: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn Arguelles (aislinnrojas) | 3 comments This book is the best, its my favorite but i think that if book hasn't finished that way, will be so famous? that has because the people like it things different!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

God, my favorite book ever! I felt I was stabbed in the chest when he died though. The thing is, Gus feared oblivion. In the beginning, you thought Augustus was going to write Hazels eulogy. But it was Hazel who was at Gus's funeral. That metaphor-loving guy that you have grown to love is gone. It's the truth though. People die. The world is not a wish granting factory. Not every love story ends happily. Thank you for you bringing up this topic.

-Bookwormian02

message 8: by Britney (new)

Britney | 3 comments I love the book and it felt as if I was dieing to when Gus was. I really disliked the ending of the movie and book but it really would not have been The Fault In Our Stars without Gus dieing. So I feel that Gus should have stayed alive and married hazel and had kids but its not my book it's John Greens and he decided to make Augustas Waters die.

message 9: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn Arguelles (aislinnrojas) | 3 comments Z

message 10: by Aislinn (new)

Aislinn Arguelles (aislinnrojas) | 3 comments I like the end, why? Because is the same history like a Imperial Affiction! or I so interpret it because there is a death, and you do not know that most people who were around that person and John Green said that he wanted to finish the book with an unfinished sentence! I think this! But I love to Augustus and what the author wanted was to cause feelings, controversy, and if the book not ended so would not have the fame that has

message 11: by Mary (new)

Mary W. B.  (stargirlmary) | 4 comments I think everyone would've been a lot happier if Gus lived, but that's not a REAL ending. Like previous commenters said, people die. People with horrible cancers die. Even Hazel, in the TFIOS universe, is doomed.

I think what John Green tries to do with all of his books is portray reality in fiction, and show that sometimes things aren't always happily ever after. And I admire him and his works for doing that.

message 12: by Allisson (new)

Allisson | 9 comments Deep