paced reading horror and thrillers discussion

Shattered
This topic is about Shattered
Buddy Reads Archive > Shattered (spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Starting a buddy read for this novella, so far it's:

Addy
Kate

If anyone else wants to join, let me know.

Addy | 1944 comments Gonna start tomorrow:)

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
Don't rush Addy, I've only read the prologue.

Addy | 1944 comments Ok. I won't:) I may just read a few chapters a day.

Addy | 1944 comments I made it to ch5. The chapters are really short, but that's kinda nice for a change. This Stacey girl feels like me esp when she described her style. I'm definitely a tshirt and jeans kinda girl.

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I live in jeans and t-shirts.

I'm at ch 11. I thought the prologue was nicely creepy but not much else has really happened, the story is still being set up. I do like the short chapters, makes it much easier to read.

Addy | 1944 comments I'm about 30%. Not much going on but I'm enjoying the set up. Hmm. All so very mysterious.

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I've finished ch20. To be honest there's not enough happening, all you're getting is small titbits of tension then it moves back to the non horror elements of the story and the tension is lost. I'm 2/3 of the way through and no real info has been given about the history of the house and how it's all tying into what is happening now.
She's a decent writer though.

Addy | 1944 comments Ok. I'm gonna read more tonight.

message 10: by Addy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Addy | 1944 comments Yes. I'm at 20. The visions she's having are creepy, but not a whole lot of answers like you say. I agree that she is a good writer, I just hope she doesn't rush it at the end.

message 11: by Addy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I'm at 80% and now she seems to be explaining the history of the house.

message 12: by Addy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I dint know Kate. I can't say I'm impressed. I enjoyed the quaint style of writing but the story did nothing for me. Ok, a maniacal doctor. Its been done before. What did u think?

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I think it took too long in the set up and any tension created wasn't built on. The doctor character has been before, there wasn't enough written about him to make his part in the story worthwhile.

message 14: by Kate (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kate | 1106 comments Mod
I'm giving it a generous 3*

message 15: by Addy (new) - rated it 2 stars

Addy | 1944 comments I gave it a 2, but that's not to say I wouldn't give her another try. I have read far worse.