What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > Historical Romance, Pirates and indentured servitude in America

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maniah (new)

Maniah Ryu | 3 comments Possibly published 1995 or earlier. This is what I can recall of the book. The heroine is an English girl who who was kidnapped and sold into indentured slavery. Either an uncle or a spouse hired folks to do this, to gain control of her inheritance.

The heroine is on a boat bound for America, when it gets attacked by pirates, her and a paid passenger get abducted by pirates. I think this other girls name is Rosaline or something similar.

Rosaline's fiancee is a plantation owner in America, and also does a bit of piracy on the side, I think. He breaks into the pirate stronghold to rescue Rosaline, but grabs the Heroine by mistake. She doesnt correct him on his error even though he kisses her in the dark and calls her by Rosaline's name, because she wants to be saved!

When the hero realizes the mistake, he puts the Heroine to work on the plantation, and starts searching for his lost love again. He doesn't believe her story of abduction at all. The two eventually have sex. The truth about her abduction comes to light when her cousin visits the plantation and spots her. The Hero and Heroine are forced to marry because he feels bad about having sex with her now.

The lost Rosaline had been banging the pirate captain the whole time, plotting against the Hero.

It was a very good romance and I have been dying to read it again, but I cannot remember the title or author to save my life.

message 2: by Maniah (new)

Maniah Ryu | 3 comments It's been a while.. Any new people around to make a guess?

message 3: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6972 comments Mod
No idea what your book is Maniah. But it sounds like a lovely bodice ripper--and don't some of those make the most delish reads? :o)

message 4: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1190 comments I don't know your book but I went looking for listopias that might fit the book you described and found a couple. If you haven't done it already these might be worth looking over to see if your book is on one of them.

Colonial, Revolutionary, Early American Romance

Historical Romances with Kidnapped Sold or Captive Heroine

Pirate Romances

Swashbuckling Romance

message 5: by Amber (Daisymau) (last edited May 08, 2014 09:21AM) (new)

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1065 comments Here's a list of female indentured servants:

AMERICAN WEST

Passion’s Prize by Barbara Ankrum 8/90
Proud Glory by Ann Barron 6/87
An Exquisite Deception by Elizabeth Douglas 10/88
Moondancer by Judith E. French 3/92
Silver Flame by Susan Johnson 6/93
Lover’s Moon by Catherine Linden 1/91
Wind Rider by Connie Mason 12/94

COLONIAL NORTH AMERICAN

Only for Love by Elaine Barbieri 8/94
Pirate’s Promise by Ann Cockcroft (Tapestry 45) 8/84
Bond Woman by Julia Herbert (Masquerade 33) 1/80
Bewitching Kisses by Rainy Kirkland 6/91
Captive Innocent by Allison Knight 8/89
Caress and Conquer by Connie Mason 10/86
Dancer of Dreams by Patricia Matthews 8/84
Passion’s Slave by Kay McMahon 12/83
Twilight Ecstasy by Colleen Quinn 2/87
To Love a Rogue by Valerie Shewood 11/87
Bound by Honor by Helen Tucker (Tapestry 38) 4/84
Forbidden Fires by Elizabeth Turner 7/88
The Golden Dove by Jo Ann Wendt 11/89
Love's Tender Fury Jennifer Wilde 1/83

ANTEBELLUM SOUTH

\Bayou Bride by Bobbi Smith 2/91

EUROPEAN RENAISSANCE

The Wind Dancer (slave) by Iris Johansen 2/91

GEORGIAN

Milord’s Liegewoman by Elizabeth Chater (Coventry 176) 3/82
Summer Darkness, Winter Light by Sylvia Halliday 5/95
Highland Rogue by Arnette Lamb 7/91

UNKNOWN

Velvet Fire by Elda Minger 7/87

message 6: by Maniah (new)

Maniah Ryu | 3 comments Thank you ladies! So far I don't recognize the book in the lists given. I haven't had time to look at every single book yet though, so maybe it is there.

I'm starting to feel like the title did contain the word fury and possibly some form of Tempt. Temptress, tempest, temptation... Hmmm

I also feel like I recall a stormy ocean in the background of the cover.

message 7: by Michele (last edited May 10, 2014 07:43AM) (new)

Michele | 2357 comments I don't know your book but I love this line in the description: "The lost Rosaline had been banging the pirate captain the whole time, plotting against the Hero." Bad Rosaline!!

Salem's Daughter isn't your book (no plantation) but it has a lot of the same elements mixed in -- pirates, servitude, daring rescues, and a crazy wife to boot -- so you might like that one as well :)

message 8: by Ai (new)

Ai Delos | 1 comments I'm also looking for that book that I become obsess with it and now I think i found it!! It is CAPTIVE FLAME by Catherine Creel!

Sadly, I cannot find an ebook copy of this one. Help please!

I hope this book is the one you are also looking for. :)

message 9: by Charlene (new)

Charlene | 39 comments Maniah - this sounds like a great book so I'm going to keep an eye on this feed; I want to read this one too!

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Maniah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 11: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37753 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Maniah, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.