♥ Nothing Better Than Reading!! ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Bookish Talks > February 2014!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
What are you currently reading - this month??

message 2: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I'm reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett by Kathryn Stockett and The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead by Richelle Mead.

message 3: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) currently reading The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco

also NOS4a2 by Joe Hill

message 4: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I will be reading Premeditated and the I will be reading Paper Towns by John Green. I have already read Eleanor and Park.

message 5: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Marybeth wrote: "I will be reading Premeditated and the I will be reading Paper Towns by John Green. I have already read Eleanor and Park."

Paper Towns is great:) How did you like Eleanor and Park?? I loved it!

message 6: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I thought Eleanor and Park was alright. I saw it in the library and gave it a shot. Didn't really like the ending but I see why Eleanor chose not to answer Park again.

message 7: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Marybeth wrote: "I thought Eleanor and Park was alright. I saw it in the library and gave it a shot. Didn't really like the ending but I see why Eleanor chose not to answer Park again."

Yeah....the ending was unsatisfying...I wanted more. I hope the book has a sequel.

message 8: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I hope so too. Did u read Fangirl. I read it a week before Christmas break and loved it.

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna (goodreadscomanna_shuk) I'm reading Unravel Me Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) by Tahereh Mafi by Tahereh Mafi; Juliet, naked Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby by Nick Hornby; The Heroines The Heroines by Eileen Favorite by Eileen Favourite and want to start The Name of the Wind The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss by Patrick Rothfuss.:) Quite an intense week.:D

P.S. I own both Eleanor and Park and Fanfirl, but haven't read them yet. Looking forward, though:)

message 10: by Divya (new)

Divya | 1 comments I am currently reading Pax Indica by Shashi Tharoor...it is a lucidly written book which is discussing about India's foreign policy, its neighbours and d position of some emerging Asian countries in d world...

TheGirlWithTheHeartShapedGlasses I'm reading ''Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Joe Vitale'' its about to finish and its an impressive self-help book.

message 12: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Marybeth wrote: "I hope so too. Did u read Fangirl. I read it a week before Christmas break and loved it."

No....didn't read it, though I want to!

message 13: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Divya wrote: "I am currently reading Pax Indica by Shashi Tharoor...it is a lucidly written book which is discussing about India's foreign policy, its neighbours and d position of some emerging Asian countries i..."

I've always heard of that book....is it good?

message 14: by Arbaaz (new)

Arbaaz Khan (arbaazkhan1999) | 588 comments i am currently reading harry potter and the order of the phoenix and the kite runner (yes still reading the kite runner lol)

message 15: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Taylor (thomastaylor) Currently reading, "The Rithmatist" by Brandon Sanderson. I've never been disappointed in his work and I've read a good bit of it with quite a lot left to go. If you guys have not read the "Mistborn" series, you're really missing some great stuff!

message 16: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I just finished Shiver today and am listening to an audiobook on my commute of Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail

message 17: by Thomas (new)

Thomas Taylor (thomastaylor) KSMary wrote: "I just finished Shiver today and am listening to an audiobook on my commute of Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail"

What did you think of Shiver? I found a copy in one of the second hand bookstores I shop at but have not read it yet.

message 18: by KSMary (new)

KSMary I liked it overall. I found parts of the story intriguing and Sam's struggle to keep his humanity touching. However, there are parts of the book that just don't work for me. I will probably read the next book and see where she takes Grace and Sam's story. It was definitely not the book that I expected before I picked it up.

message 19: by Akhil teja (new)

Akhil teja (akhilsayaawesomeeeeee) I am reading A Clash of Kings

message 20: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Arbaaz wrote: "i am currently reading harry potter and the order of the phoenix and the kite runner (yes still reading the kite runner lol)"

How're u liking Kite Runner?? I loved it...

message 21: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Akhil teja wrote: "I am reading A Clash of Kings"

Still haven't begun that series....How is the second book??

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading 'Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children' THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! I can't emphasize enough how brilliantly awesome this book is.

message 23: by Niranjan (new)

Niranjan Nair (niranjansnair) | 234 comments Currently reading The Help

message 24: by Misha (new)

Misha (itz_mie) @Nir, Millennium trilogy mathiyakio??

message 25: by Niranjan (new)

Niranjan Nair (niranjansnair) | 234 comments Misha wrote: "@Nir, Millennium trilogy mathiyakio??"

I read first 2 books in the series... Then, I brought 2 books on Seconds last week... :D I will go back to Millenium after Help and Love in the time of cholera.. :)

message 26: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Niranjan wrote: "Currently reading The Help"

I'm reading it too!!!!!!:D:D:P

message 27: by Nikhil (new)

Nikhil Narayanan (nikhilfor65) Am reading the book "The Silver Hand" - Stephen Lawhead

message 28: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Nikhil wrote: "Am reading the book "The Silver Hand" - Stephen Lawhead"

How're u liking it??:)

Yogya Hari Prakash Burra (hariprakash) | 40 comments I'm reading
"Design of everyday things" by Donald Norman
"Guns, germs and steel" by Jared Diamond
and "Quiet" by Susan Cain

Thanks for staying this thread. this is much better than me nominating the same books for BOTM

Em*Greedy* (Iniya) (iniya_n) | 2140 comments I'm Currently reading The Fountainhead

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Currently reading RAJA SHIVCHHATRAPATI by Babasaheb Purandare

message 32: by Sanika (new)

Sanika | 22 comments I would like to read UNBREAKABLE (by MC Mary Kom) If I could grab a copy soon...

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hi! I have just re read Undefeated by Scott Hildreth! His books are fantastic, the ones i've read so far anyway! I highly recommend him! Here;'s the link to his author page if you fancy checking him out :)
http://www.amazon.com/Scott-Hildreth/...

message 34: by Maurice (new)

Maurice Kariuki Hi all Maurice here..cureently reading Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final

message 35: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Qàrís wrote: "Hi all Maurice here..cureently reading Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final"

Hope u like the book!

message 36: by Maurice (new)

Maurice Kariuki Ruchi wrote: "Qàrís wrote: "Hi all Maurice here..cureently reading Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final"

Hope u like the book!"

Hi Ruchi...its awesome, thanx!

message 37: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Qàrís wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "Qàrís wrote: "Hi all Maurice here..cureently reading Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final"

Hope u like the book!"

Hi Ruchi...its awesome, thanx!"

And welcome to the group!:)

message 38: by Maurice (new)

Maurice Kariuki Ruchi wrote: "Qàrís wrote: "Ruchi wrote: "Qàrís wrote: "Hi all Maurice here..cureently reading Success Is Never Ending, Failure Is Never Final"

Hope u like the book!"

Hi Ruchi...its awesome, than..."

Thank you...looking forward to having a good time ha?

message 39: by Satu (new)

Satu (sadun) | 68 comments I'm reading Stephen Colberts funny book
"I am America (And So Can You!)"
LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

and book "Charlotte Gray" by Sebastian Faulks
LINK: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 40: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne currently I am reading Julia's Chocolates by Cathy Lamb

message 41: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I've started with The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger !!

message 42: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne I really enjoyed the Time Traveler's Wife. Hope you like it.

message 43: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
I watched the movie just yesterday....loved it SO much!!! That got me into reading the book....:)

message 44: by Roseanne (new)

Roseanne I didn't see the movie

message 45: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
It's really good....loved it so much!

message 46: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
U shud see it....

message 47: by Sarah. B (new)

Sarah. B I`m currently reading The Fog and Northanger Abbey

message 48: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I currently reading the distance between us and it is actually pretty good so far. I am on pg 72 and will probably finish it tonight or in the morning. I will then read legend and I hope that it is just as good.

message 49: by A, Crazy. (new)

A H | 7672 comments Mod
Sarah wrote: "I`m currently reading The Fog and Northanger Abbey"

Northanger Abbey....!! Jane Austen rite?? The only Austen book I haven't yet read...:( How is it??

message 50: by Devanshi (new)

Devanshi Ruparel (devanshiruparel) I'm currently reading Feed by M.T.Anderson.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.