Epic Recs discussion

February's Epic Recs

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber (Books of Amber) (booksofamber) | 4 comments Mod
What are your Epic Recs for February? What do you think of them so far? Are you hesitant? Do you now hold a grudge on your partner for recommending it? Tell us!

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith (paperiot) | 5 comments Mod
My partner recommended The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller to me, and I'm not sure if I will hold a grudge on her for it. It depends on the amount of life ruining that is likely going to happen.

message 3: by Amber (new)

You probably will hold a grudge, but that's okay since your partner still hasn't forgiven you for Eleanor & Park.

message 4: by Judith (new)

Epic Recs: you will suffer, but you will be happy about it

message 5: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bookswithbri21) | 3 comments My partner recommended me Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo this month, and I recommended her 2 books (because one is a graphic novel): Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Paige by Page. (:

message 6: by Amber (new)

AW YES, STURMHOND!

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (booksbysandra) My partner recommend me "American Girl on Saturn" or "The Avery Shaw Experiment". I haven't pick up either of them yet, but I think I will soon. I still haven't finished my rec from last month...

message 8: by Mel (last edited Feb 08, 2014 11:38AM) (new)

Mel (Daily Prophecy) (thedailyprophecy) I'm still reading The host by Stephenie Meyer, which was my January rec, because it's HUGE. We decided to make it also my February rec.

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (booksbysandra) The Host...I still have to read that one. Still unopened on my shelves. I hope are enjoying it.

message 10: by Judith (new)

Mel wrote: "I'm still reading The host by Stephenie Meyer, which was my January rec, because it's HUGE. We decided to make it also my February rec."

A lot of people I know love that one, but I honestly didn't. I hope you'll like it better. XD

Brianna wrote: "My partner recommended me Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo this month, and I recommended her 2 books (because one is a graphic novel): Jonathan Livingston Seagull and Paige by Page. (:"

OMG STURMHONDDDDDDDDDD

message 11: by Bec (booktineus) (new)

Bec (booktineus) (booktineus) @Brianna I hope you enjoy Siege and Storm! That book was marvelous (and as others point out STURMHOND)

My partner has recommended I read The Winter Witch which I should enjoy (and if I don't I'll just distract myself by making silly Merlin references since the MC is named Morgana)

I recommended Graceling to my partner because she is missing out.

message 12: by Gaby (new)

Gaby (gabysalpeter) | 2 comments @Brianna: there are a thousand fangirls yelling STURMHONNNNNND all across the world right now. I am one of them. You should be excited.

@Bec: GRACELING!!!!!!!

My partner recommended Insignia by S.J. Kincaid. I've been on the fence about reading it for a while now so this is my final push to READ WOMAN.

I recommended Where She Went by Gayle Forman even though my partner is not big on realistic fiction because she's read If I Stay and not Where She Went and that's just not right.

message 13: by Judith (new)

@Bec: YES GRACELING EXCELLENT

@Gaby: Good job rec'ing WSW. You cannot read If I Stay and NOT WSW, because they belong together. Also it's perfection. Also Adam and Mia. ;___;

message 14: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bookswithbri21) | 3 comments STURMHONDDDDD I just started reading it now *cowers* but So far he's great

message 15: by Dani 🌙 (new)

Dani &#x1f319; | 1 comments @Brianna: Your welcome haha! Everyone needs Sturmhond in their life. <3

I had two epic recs for February because one was super short and the other was a graphic novel. I read Page by Paige and Jonathan Livingston Seagull. I liked both, but neither were a stand-out to me. I didn't dislike them, but they didn't quite meet my expectations.

message 16: by Brianna (new)

Brianna (bookswithbri21) | 3 comments Danika wrote: "@Brianna: Your welcome haha! Everyone needs Sturmhond in their life. <3

I had two epic recs for February because one was super short and the other was a graphic novel. I read Page by Paige and Jon..."

You're starting to sound like Groeller