New Adult Book Club discussion

The Immortal Game (The Immortal Game #1)
This topic is about The Immortal Game
Archived RIRI 2014 & below > #150 - The Immortal Game by Joannah Miley

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura | 500 comments There are 30 copies of this book available in epub and mobi format. As usual you have three weeks to post a review on goodreads and share a link to it here. Reviews on other sites are appreciated but not required.

Title: The Immortal Game
Aathor: Joannah Miley
Genre: NA paranormal/mythology romance
Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0986...

Synopsis

When struggling pre-med student Ruby West beats the unconquerable Ash at chess he becomes fixated on her. Which is great if you like smoldering blue eyes, sculpted features, and afternoons of unexpected adventure. But not so great when she discovers he is a Greek god and his father, Zeus, has forbidden the gods from interacting with humans. Ruby soon realizes her love for Ash threatens the fragile stability that has kept the gods from meddling in the mortal world. Before long the two find themselves on a quest to rescue a goddess, save the Earth from unending winter, and secure the right to be together forever.

To sign up to review please leave a comment with your email address and choice of book format. Copies will be sent to the first 20 to sign up who will have 3 weeks from receiving the book to write a review and link to it here.

Louise Seraphim Reviews (seraphimreviews) I'd love to read and review this please.
darkseraph79@gmail.com
ePub please. Thanks. :)

Lorrie Delong | 7 comments I'd love to have a copy to review sounds great ePub please at lorridelong77@gmail.com
Thanks

Rebecca | 54 comments Mobi please. Rebeccabarray@gmail.com

message 5: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (katesplace77) | 171 comments would like to review this book could I have it in mobi format please.
email is clhunt77@gmail.com

Megan | 23 comments Would love to read and review it!
Mobi copy to
Mlw2487@truman.edu
Thanks!

Alwaysreadingbooks - Reading Drinking and Relaxing (alwaysreadingbooks) | 281 comments Chill462000@yahoo.com
Mobi please

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I'd love to review. Mobi format.

graczy3104@gmail.com

Thanks

Vivian | 31 comments would love to review on kindle, thanks. zombcatita@gmail.com

Lindsay | 46 comments Ljmcdowell@rhodesokla.com. ePub please
Would love to review

Beach Bums Romance (beachbumsromance1026) | 45 comments Would love to read & review! shayalford31@gmail.com
Thanks!

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Samways | 6 comments Really want to read this please aesamways@hotmail.com ePub please

message 13: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments I have contacted everyone who has commented up to this point. Please let me know if you have not received an email.

Thanks!

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Baczewski | 5 comments I would love to read on Kindle if it's available in that format. sarah_baczewski@yahoo.com

Kamakshi (kamakshin) | 54 comments ePub please
mrinalini.ntrjn@gmail.com

message 16: by Jai (new)

Jai (rykemeadows) | 14 comments I;d love a copy :) mrayhannah@gmail.com MOBI please

Christiane (gurlonthemove93) | 10 comments I'd love a copy in either epub or mobi
christiane_dude@hotmail.com

thanks in advance :-)

Vivian | 31 comments Not sure if I'm doing this right, but here's my review. Thanks! Let me know if I need to do this differently.

The Immortal Game (The Immortal Game #1) The Immortal Game by Joannah Miley

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

***3.5***

I love stories based on Greek mythology, but I'm usually left feeling a little disappointed. Not sure why. It just happens. That is not the case here. This is a super cute YA novel. The portion of the book where Ruby and Ash are getting to know each other on earth is full of yummy tension and the way they connect over something cerebral like chess is refreshing. The writing is good and I also love the bad-assery (that's a word, swear) of Ruby with her bow and arrow by the end of the Underworld scenes.

Having said all that, Ash feels a little wooden at times, particularly while he and Ruby are waiting for the first flowers to bloom on Olympus. That part of the book is a little slow. It's a weird progression, full of tension in the beginning, slow in the middle and a whole lot of action packed into the end. I would have definitely appreciated a first person narrative as opposed to the third person. I think it would have flowed a little better.

View all my reviews

message 19: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Thanks for posting your review, Vivian!

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy Samways | 6 comments I didn't receive an email

message 21: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Thanks for letting me know, Amy. I am resending...

Elena Carrasco (Lena0416) | 10 comments i would love to review it! ladyofthewind35@hotmail.com epub or any format is ok. thanks!

message 23: by Christina (new)

Christina | 6 comments Hi I'd love to review if there's any left! epub please taniababe521@gmail.com

message 24: by Carrie (last edited Feb 13, 2014 11:35AM) (new) - added it

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) Would love to review if there are any copies left.
mobi
carriepenney@gmail.com

Louise Seraphim Reviews (seraphimreviews) Really enjoyed this. Thank you for the opportunity to read and review. :) review below.

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Heather | 2 comments Thank you for directing me here to get a chance to read your book for a review. sleepyheather@hotmail.com yea!

message 29: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Thanks for the reviews so far, everyone!

I emailed you, Heather!

Elena Carrasco (Lena0416) | 10 comments heres my review! thank you!!

message 31: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments THE IMMORTAL GAME was just announced as the first place category winner for the Dante Rossetti Award in the category of New Adult!

I still have a few copies left for this R2R, if anyone is interested.

Megan | 23 comments Thanks for the chance to read! Here's my review:

Will post to amazon too.

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Here's my review.

Jordynn Are there any more copies available to review my email is jordynn_laird@hotmail.co.uk kindle format please

Lindsay | 46 comments Thank you for the opportunity to read and review

Jordynn I loved this book. Here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 38: by Karina (new)

Karina Ramirez (karinaramirez) | 338 comments Hi guys! Just a friendly reminder, if you haven't posted your review already please do so, just post the link in the thread!

Thanks guys and happy reading :)

message 39: by Keliiyy (new) - added it

Keliiyy | 1 comments By any chance am I not too late?
If it's still available, keliiy-kel@hotmail.com and epub would be lovely :)

message 40: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Hi Keliiyy! It is not too late to get a review copy of The Immortal Game! I will email you.

message 41: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Conroy haynes | 26 comments I would love to read it for review. kellyconroyhaynes@gmail.com - epub please.

Genta Sebastian (gentasebastian) I'd love to read and review this book. gentasebastian@outlook.com
.mobi is best for me

message 43: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Kelly and Genta, I send your files!!

Genta Sebastian (gentasebastian) Here's my review Joannah! Thanks for the opportunity to read and review your book.

message 45: by Joannah (new) - added it

Joannah Miley (joannahmiley) | 10 comments Thanks, Genta!