Dark Places Dark Places question

chapters 1-4
Lisette Godinez Lisette Feb 07, 2014 08:35PM
so far i think Libby is the way she is because she grew up with no guidance and feeling unloved. The kill club is pretty weird but im curious to see what they find out. This far i think that Ben day is innocent but i don't see why he wouldn't appeal. Do you guys think Runner Day had anything to do with it? and what do you guys think of Libby and her personality? Feel free to add on any questions or comments.

Sorry guys. I am just seeing this now. I agree with both of you. It has been hard for me to read a book like this where the main character is not someone you can relate to both in what happened to her and how she behaves. However, by the end of the book I found myself rooting for her to complete her journey and discover all she could.
I agree I think Ben is likely innocent. I don't think Runner necessarily had something directly to do with the murder but does being an absent father contribute to all the events?
How are you liking it so far?

I'm so late sorry! I agree Liz! Libby had very little guidance and can't help be just the way she is. I think she had to make herself cold and hard to get through life. She may act like she deserves more than she does but it's hard to blame someone who has been traumatized at such a young age. I think it's possible Ben is innocent and am also curious as to why he never appealed. Do you think the kill club will change Libby and her way of thinking?

I think it will change her, she already did say that she really didn't see Anything just heard and assumed.