The Last Hour of Gann The Last Hour of Gann discussion

I am in need of spoilers :)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Misty I tried to read this book but... I can't read about rape. I just can't. I should have read the reviews, but I didn't. Anyway... If someone could find the time to tell me what happened with the humans. I would also like to know if the hero made it to the temple. I know this may be a strange request, but I would greatly appreciate the info. Thank you!

Beaupeep In short, they all died barring the main character/s. It was a tough read in the end, but well worth it.
Oh yeah, he made it to the temple, found out it was all set up by three people and it's quite descriptive how they came up with the story to set structure in the society. He goes through a difficult time coming to realise that his God was not real - very emotional. Sorry if I'm a bit vague but it's been awhile since I read this fabulous story, but I agree, the rape scenes were difficult to read.
Also he was nearly killed at the end by a second bad character of his kind - almost drowned him by forcing him to drink water, but after a lot of struggle he pulled through and they ended up together. There's a lot missing but happy to address gaps if you need more.

Misty Thank you very much!

message 4: by Kilian (new)

Kilian Metcalf Misty wrote: "I tried to read this book but... I can't read about rape. I just can't. I should have read the reviews, but I didn't. Anyway... If someone could find the time to tell me what happened with the..."

I've read Empire of the Summer Moon, a non-fiction book about Comanches, so I wasn't as affected by the raiders' treatment of their captives as I might have been. This book is fiction, Summer Moon is history. Comanches make the raiders look like a bunch of Cub Scouts.

The ending makes the suffering worth the trek. I wasn't disappointed.

Stacey Jeffreys My only sadness was that Scott's death wasn't described in uber graphic, gory detail. I really needed to know he suffered. I needed to know it hurt. I wanted to reach through my Kindle and strangle him through the entire book.

message 6: by Kilian (new)

Kilian Metcalf Stacey wrote: "My only sadness was that Scott's death wasn't described in uber graphic, gory detail. I really needed to know he suffered. I needed to know it hurt. I wanted to reach through my Kindle and strangle..."

You and me both. The man was a pimple on the butt of humanity.

Kathryn Stacey wrote: "My only sadness was that Scott's death wasn't described in uber graphic, gory detail. I really needed to know he suffered. I needed to know it hurt. I wanted to reach through my Kindle and strangle..."

ITA. I was seriously bummed we didn't get a graphic death scene.