Young Adult Roleplay discussion

1x1 Roleplay > Rhiann and Lara

Comments Showing 1-50 of 60 (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Hey :)

message 2: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Hiya! ^^ would yuo like to start? Or me?

message 3: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Could you start? I tend to be bad at starting these things... lol

message 4: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury OOC: OK So, I'm going to start this in a cafe? XD I dunno how they can meet - unless you want them to already be friends, I'll leave it pretty open! And apologies if this is awful, my intros are either really rambley or a bit short! ^^;
BIC:

If you looked at him, you wouldn't think there was anything 'wrong' with him, not by a long shot. He stood at 6'3, with a medium build - though he was working on toning up his figure at the gym.
Thanks to having a mother from Cyprus, his skin tone was naturally slightly golden, complimenting dark blond hair. His eyes were a dark green/hazel - currently flicking left, then right, before trotting across the road. He entered the cafe and held open a door for a lady and her elderly mother, grinning lightly.

Todd was the ever friendly to anyone he came across - lest they deserve some other form of treatment. He ran his fingers through his hair and breathed out through his nose, the woman behind the cafe desk grinning a greeting. He mouthed his order, given he had been deaf from a very young age and the poor girl probably didn't know sign language, and she promptly nodded before he paid and wandered to the other end of the counter, hands in the pockets of his pale jeans, tugging at the white zip-up he wore.
He wasn't sure why he craved coffee today - but something had drawn him here, in any case.

message 5: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma glanced around, the wind blowing her blonde hair into her face. She brushed it away absent mindedly, crossing the street when the walk signal flashed. It was a chilly fall morning, so she tugged the collar of her leather jacket higher around her neck. The sign of the small cafe drew her. Coffee... mmmm sounds good.

She walked into the shop, smiling at the people she passed. She ordered a small coffee and looked around for somewhere to sit. Spying a lone seat by a very cute looking boy, Emma walked over, "May I sit here?" She asked.

message 6: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd flicked his eyes up as a shadow hovered over him, and he was glad to catch her words - reading her lips more than anything.

A weak smile tugged at his own and he gestured for her to sit with a nod before he pulled a clean napkin from the holder and wrote upon it with a pen produced from his back pocket -
'Good afternoon. I'm Todd, and I'm deaf - I don't know if you sign or not? But I can lip read.' and he slid it to her with another quick grin.

message 7: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma read the napkin. Immediately she felt bad for the boy. Grabbing her own pen, she wrote down Hi, I'm Emma. I'm afraid I don't sign. She pushed the napkin back towards him. As he read it, she took a sip of her coffee.

message 8: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd gave an amused grin. Honestly - feel free to speak to me out loud, if you'd rather. Not many people sign, and sadly, I very rarely speak aloud. Only to my mum.

message 9: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) "Ok." She said. She didn't know how to reply to the second part of his comment. So she just nodded and smiled, "Do you come here often?" She asked finally.

message 10: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd smiled gently as he wrote. Every now and then. I don't drink coffee a lot. How about you?

message 11: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) She nodded, "I only come here every so often. I live at the south end of the city, so I usually only visit the Starbucks there." She looked down at the coffee in her cup. "Where are you from?" She asked politely.

message 12: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury OOC: there's ellipse marks when I use italics?! What?! Maybe it's cause I'm on the app... I'll use asterix's instead!
BIC:

The man stretched out his arms with a soft grunt as his shoulder clicked. Todd shrugged softly, *Born in Ireland, moved here when I was young. Got out of the pale face and red hair thanks to my mum coming from Cyprus,* he grinned, chuckling gently. *How about you? Born and raised here?*

message 13: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((The italics look just fine for me, but I am on the web, so that may be why you are seeing that.))

Emma smiled. "You have quite the heritage! I was born and raised in Northern Ontario. So I grew up with the wolves and snow. Moved here when my parents died." She said softly.

message 14: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury (( odd! Oh well! ))

Todd's expression softened. *Never even heard of your home place, I'm afraid! You'll need to point it out on an atlas,* the grin showed he was teasing - but only a little.

It faded quickly as she mentioned her parents, and he dropped his eyes away a minute before flicking up to watch her again. *Im sorry to hear about your parents,* he frowned gently, and bit his lip slightly. *My father has never been around - not since I was about 3, when he and my mum divorced. Didn't really bother with me because of my being deaf, he never picked up on sign language...* a small shrug, having used multiple napkins to write - it made him chuckle gently. *I ramble if I'm nervous. I'm sorry,* he grinned, amused.

message 15: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) "No, that's ok. And I'm sorry about your parents as well. As for mine, I have moved on, so its ok." She grinned, "You can't possibly tell me you don't know where Ontario is? Come on. Canada? Toronto, Ontario? Red and white flag? Ring any bells?" She smiled.

message 16: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd gave a wide grin. *Canada, eh? Never been myself - and never really learned much about the smaller places within the big one... Maybe I should look into it,* he tilted his head a fraction, grinning again.

message 17: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma nodded, "You should! It is such an interesting place..." She dreamed of her home, "I grew up in the country. Horse country to be specific. The grass covered rolling hills, pine forests, pebble filled streams..." She closed her eyes and smiled, "It's not that I don't like it here, it's just that up there, that is my home."

message 18: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury The man chuckled softly again , watching as she drifted off into her own little world. *Ireland is full of rolling hills, and all that good stuff - a million miles from here,* his eyes shifted to stare out at the busy streets before he grabbed another napkin, writing quick and feverish.

*Feel free to tell me I'm being too forward for you... But, well. I'd like to see you again sometime? I'm not leaving here yet... But... Well. I'd like to get to know you.* he gave a hopeful grin, feeling heat creep into his face.

message 19: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma read the napkin and blushed. She nodded, paused, and then nodded, more sure this time. "That would be nice." She told him shyly. Does he like me? She wondered, somewhat hopefully.

message 20: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd beamed wide despite himself - trying to keep his cool and all, but he was failing miserably. *Maybe you can show me this unknown home town of yours over a nice dinner...?* he wrote slowly, hesitating a moment before handing the napkin over and grinning sheepishly, sipping his coffee to busy himself.

message 21: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma read the scrawled handwriting and smiled. I think he does like me! She thought shyly. She looked up at him, trying not to smile to wide. "That sounds like fun." Her eyes brushed over his briefly, before she glanced down again, somewhat embarrassed for staring.

message 22: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd grinned again. A slight flutter in his heart made him squirm ever so slightly. *Wheres you're favourite place to eat?* he asked, his eyes searching her face a moment before dropping back to the note. *I'll need to know where to take you,* he added with a small, playful smile.

message 23: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma read the note and smiled. Her heart was pounding frantically from excitement. "I like The Keg." She said honestly after some thought. It was a fancier restaurant, but not too too expensive. She didn't want him too feel like he had to spend too much money on her.

message 24: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd have another grin. *Ive been a few times. Lovely place! I like your taste in restaurants,* he informed her with a small nod, chuckling quietly to himself.

message 25: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma blushed. "So when are we doing this?" She asked. She wasn't sure if he had said what day they were doing this yet.

message 26: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury He paused, pursing his lips. *... Tomorrow night? Gives me time to slightly freak out at my new found confidence!* he grinned once more. His face was starting to hurt from grinning so much.

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma smiled back, and blushed deeper, "Sounds good to me." She quickly wrote down her address on a napkin for him before sliding it over. "This is where I live." She said shyly.

message 28: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury The man beamed. *To save napkins tomorrow, I'll bring a notepad,* he winked at her. *And so you know when I'm outside - can I take your number?* Todd smiled warmly.

message 29: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma nodded, quickly scrawling out her phone number on the napkin before sliding it over. She smiled wider and looked down. No other boys had ever asked for her number before. She felt special all of a sudden.

message 30: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd grinned, so wide it physically ached. He glanced down to his watch, then wrote once more after tucking the napkin away safely. I'm afraid I've got to get going in about ten minutes - my dear mother is having the family over for dinner ... I'm really glad you gave me your number though. He paused, and grinned cheekily as he added, You're cute when you're shy.

message 31: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma's smile grew wider, and the rose in her cheeks just grew brighter. "Thank you... I think." She smiled up at him. She checked her watch, "I actually have to head somewhere as well. It was nice to meet and talk to you." She said honestly. "I'll see you tomorrow." She said, getting up from her seat and smiling, as she left the table.

message 32: by Rhiann (last edited Feb 27, 2014 12:24PM) (new)

Rhiann Maybury (( totally thought I'd replied! Sorry! ))

As promised, Todd got in touch with her that evening; over text, he thanked her for the company, and asked where he would be picking her up from the following evening. He hoped the conversation would continue until one of them fell asleep, admittedly; he had enjoyed chatting to her.
The grin hadn't left his face, his mother placing his dinner in front of him with a curious raise of the brow - but he just grinned wider, and she asked no questions about whom he was constantly checking his phone for.

message 33: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((totally fine. I've done that before :) Oh, and did Todd just call Emma? I'm kinda confused, lol))

message 34: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury (( Sorry, wrote that half asleep! I've edited it, so my post should make more sense!))

message 35: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((lol, that's ok. It does now :) ))

Emma felt her phone vibrate. She pulled it out and read the text, her smile growing. Poising her thumbs over the keypad, she slowly began to text him back. She told him that she had enjoyed chatting with him, and quickly typed in her address. Clicking "send" she shut the phone off again and stared up at the ceiling, and huge grin on her face.

message 36: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd grinned wide, chewing on his lip as he was watched carefully again. 'I'll see you tomorrow, then. Sweet dreams. x' He hesitated before sending the text, and breathed slow when he did.
The following evening just couldn't come quick enough!

(( Awesome stuff xD Can happily time skip to him picking her up if you like? ))

message 37: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury Todd grinned wide, chewing on his lip as he was watched carefully again. 'I'll see you tomorrow, then. Sweet dreams. x' He hesitated before sending the text, and breathed slow when he did.
The following evening just couldn't come quick enough!

(( Awesome stuff xD Can happily time skip to him picking her up if you like? ))

message 38: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma's phone vibrated again, and she slowly read the text. Her heart skipped a beat and she blushed. She typed something quickly into the box, but then deleted it, deciding it was better to just wait until tomorrow night. She curled up on her side, her heart pounding with excitement.

((Sure :) ))

message 39: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury He must have checked his outfit, hair and teeth a million times since getting into the car. He had dressed in a black shirt and jeans, with casual shoes; nothing too overboard, but smart. His hair was spiked though his slight fringe remained down, and he checked his perfectly clean teeth once more before he sent Emma a text to let her know he was outside. A notepad and pen on top of the dash board, because he felt guilty that they wouldn't be able to comminicate any other way.
Perhaps he'd teach her to sign, he mused with a smile.

message 40: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma got the text and grinned. She slipped her phone into her purse and ran towards the door. Remembering that she should probably bring a jacket just in case, she ran back to the hallway, grabbed a light jacket, and then back to the entry. She paused in front of the mirror, looking over her light makeup, white blouse, and dark jeans once more. She had a brown bag hooked over one shoulder, and her hair was done in a loose braid. Smiling at her self to try and gain some confidence, she took a deep breath, and walked outside.

message 41: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury He was drumming gently on the steering wheel of his somewhat sleek, black car; glancing up to the house every now and then to avoid getting a shock when she jumped into the car, given he wouldn't hear her. He had put on the radio, his fingers over the speakers letting him know it wasn't too loud, and the songs seemed to be relatively smooth. He grinned quick when he seen Emma coming out of the house, and leaned forward to grab the notepad before she had even gotten to the car:

'Good evening, you look gorgeous.' He grinned as she got in, handing it over and chewing his lip nervously as he started the engine.

message 42: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma shrugged on her seat belt before reading the note. She grinned and looked down, hoping he couldn't see the heat in her cheeks. When she had gained composure again, she smiled back at him, "Thanks." She said slowly, "You look pretty good yourself." She stumbled over that sentence, not sure whether or not she should let the word 'hot' roll off her tongue.

message 43: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury His eyes had shifted to her, grinning wide at her reaction. The words she spoke in reply made him chuckle, moving to scribble on the notepad - slightly wonky as he kept his eyes on the road, - 'No need to thank me for being honest. But thanks to you, too.' He gave a quick grin. 'I'll teach you to sign some time - did you bring that map?' He chuckled softly at his own joke, turning off onto the main road that led down to the restaurant.

message 44: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma grinned, "Yeah, and that would be nice. I don't know how good I'll be at learning it though." She looked down, "I'm not very good at learning new things..." she smiled a little to herself. The thought of him teaching her anything, just spending time with her, sent shivers down her spine.

message 45: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury He stopped at the lights and grinned at her again, again scribbling quick. 'It's easier than most people think, once you get the basics down. But I sort of had to get used to it,' he chuckled weakly again, moving off once more and very soon parking outside the food place.

Todd was quick to jump out and move to get the door for Emma, helping her out of the car with a wide grin. Manners cost nothing, after all! And in his mind, she deserved to be treated no less than royalty.

message 46: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma got out of the the car carefully, smiling up at Todd. He's such a gentleman! She thought, gushing silently inside. She had heard so many stories from her friends about boys who cared for no-one but themselves, and yet, here was one completely different from that. She grinned at the asphalt, and then back up at him "Thank you."

message 47: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury He beamed once more - it was so difficult not to smile around her! - And then led her to the entrance. The door was held open, and when they were seated (he had gotten his mother to call and reserve a table earlier, while explaining he was deaf, meaning he just had to show ID) he breathed out slowly, steadying his jumpy nerves.
He ordered by writing down what drink he would like (after motioning for her to do so first, of course) and then brought up a new page in the notepad. 'So ... Tell me a bit more about yourself?' He grinned at her over the menu, his feet tapping gently under the table as his nerves continued to rattle.

message 48: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) Emma smiled at the notepad. She thought for a moment, not sure whether she should go into her whole life story, or just tell him some of the basics. After some more careful thought, she decided on the latter. "Well... my favorite color is blue. I love the smell of rain in the spring time, which, is also my favorite season. I like dogs, and despise cats. And lilies are my favorite flower... like the ones that used to grow on the pond back home. My sister and I used to go out in this little dingy and row around. We would collect the lilies and look for frogs..." Her voice trailed off as if in a dream. She did mean to carry on like that. Though she loved her home, it was so painful to think about family.
She smiled nervously, shaking her head slightly to shatter the thought, "So, how about you?"

message 49: by Rhiann (new)

Rhiann Maybury (( I DID IT AGAIN!! Send a message if I forget to reply again xD ))

Todd smiled softly. He took a new sheet of paper and began to write.

'Well I lost my hearing when I was 5, I don't really remember why and it doesn't bother me so I don't want to ask. I live with my mum, more for her sake than mine, and have a kid sister. Grew up out the road but born in Ireland; I love dogs, I'm quite artistic. I read a lot, try and fail to write!
Never knew my dad, doesn't bother me. But I'm good with 'womanly things' given I grew up with women! I can sew, knit, cook, bake...' He grinned as he added, 'Not that I believe only women should do these things!'

message 50: by Lara (new)

Lara (gurlwhowrites) ((Ok :) ))

Emma read the paper, smiling as her eyes traveled further down to the end. "Well, obviously not. But most men think themselves too important to bother with those things." She said, grinning wryly, "Especially since they are so 'trivial'" Air quotes. "And I'm sure you're a wonderful writer! You should show me some of your work sometime. I love to read." She smiled politely at him.

« previous 1