Small Government Book Fan Club discussion

Self-Promo: Books and Blogs > New Adult Dystopian Novel (Free ebook download)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Nock (jdnock) | 8 comments Hey folks!

I'm a self published author doing whatever I can to garner some honest feedback. As a writer with no name recognition to speak of, having reviews is absolutely crucial. Most effective book advertising outfits will only consider accepting titles with a certain number of Amazon reviews. And I need some help in that regard.

More Than Mischief is the first installment in The Hurley Vance Series. Rivals and Renegades (2) will be released in May. It's a New Adult, dystopian series with an unapologetic libertarian bent. My overarching goal as I work through this project is to fuse a genuinely interesting story with a message. Both are crucial. Without a compelling story, a unique world, and engaging characters, I'd have an essay. Strip away the message, and the characters have nothing to fight for.

Although it might be bothersome to many that popular culture is so influential (raises hand), it's also reality. In part, this is my attempt to bring the libertarian philosophy to sympathizers and neophytes alike, and do so in a way that's current, a bit rough, and loud.

If you input the coupon code ‘AQ67X’ over at Smashwords (https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...) you will be able to select a format of your choice, and then download the ebook for free. As a selling point, it’s probably smart to compare this book to outrageously successful titles. But I don’t feel comfortable doing that. I'm proud of what I've done. Prior to hitting the publish button, I sought out and utilized highly respectable editing, formatting, and cover design services.

I very much hope that you give it a whirl! An honest review posted here at Goodreads would be fantastic. Sending that over to Amazon would be even better. Feel free to share the coupon code to anyone who might be interested. It will expire in a month, and there are no download limitations. And anyone who does post an honest review will receive an advanced ebook copy of Rivals and Renegades.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to shoot me a message. Thank you so much.

JD Nock

"Create your fantasy land if you wish, but don't drag me there with you." - Hurley Vance.

message 2: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Nock (jdnock) | 8 comments A big thanks to those who have downloaded the book. I'm nearly done with the self-editing phase of Rivals and Renegades. That will be sent to my editor in 2 weeks. Still plenty of time to use the code if you'd like!

message 3: by Walter (new)

Walter Foddis | 12 comments Thanks, J.D.! Downloaded & on my current to-read list.

message 4: by J.D. (new)

J.D. Nock (jdnock) | 8 comments Hey, Walter! Thank you so much. It's greatly appreciated and I hope that you enjoy.