herding cats & burning soup discussion

Historical Reading Challenge > Reading Suggestions!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Anna's Herding Cats (herdingcats-burningsoup) | 56 comments Mod
Alright ladies! So who are yall reading that you'd suggest to others? Are you looking for a specific type of recommendation? Ask here!

message 2: by Iza (last edited Feb 18, 2014 05:17AM) (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) All right ! I would love to read a friends-to-lovers or better yet, enemies-to-lovers story, but please, no stupid drama, no lack of communication drama. If there's a dirty-talker inside, I won't complain ^^
I've read the Neighbor from hell series from R.L. Mathewson, the Line of duty series from Tessa Bailey (plus it was hot !) and Friend-zoned by Aurora Belle.
Any idea ?
Thank you !

RedIza wrote: "All right ! I would love to read a friends-to-lovers or better yet, enemies-to-lovers story, but please, no stupid drama, no lack of communication drama. If there's a dirty-talker inside, I won't c..."

Are you looking for historical recs or erotic romance ones RedIza?

message 4: by Iza (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) Rather erotic romances, but I'm willing to try historical too :) I haven't read many so far, so it's time to try !

RedIza wrote: "Rather erotic romances, but I'm willing to try historical too :) I haven't read many so far, so it's time to try !"

Heh that's what I was thinking you'd be looking for but wanted to check since it was posted in the historical challenge suggestion thread :) I'll pop over to our FB group and see if any of the ladies have some suggestions.

RedIza wrote: "Rather erotic romances, but I'm willing to try historical too :) I haven't read many so far, so it's time to try !"

One of the ladies left this...

Have you tried Beautiful Bastard? It's got the enemies-to-lover angle, and plenty of dirty talk. And it's funny. The entire series is really well done.

And another suggestion...

Hhm. The Breach series by KI Lynn has some amazingly good dirty talking. It's coworkers to lovers in a clandestine affair setting since they're not supposed to be fraternizing.

message 8: by Iza (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) Oh yeah, I read Breach ! The hero is an awesome dirty talker, too bad the rest of the series wasn't as good.
And I'll be reading beautiful bastard next month for a GR group. Thanks for the suggestions !
And next time I post a thing, I'll drink my coffee first and make sure it's in the right place (*blush*)

OOp here was one more from the ladies on FB.

How about the Lusty, Texas series by Cara Covington?

And bwaha yeah I saw that and was going hmmm she's not usually a historical girl. lol I'll have to try Breach.

message 10: by Iza (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) And almost a month later, I catch up ! I'll had to take a look at the settings, I never get as much notices as I used to... Duly noted, I'll look up Lusty, Texas, thanks !

message 11: by Iza (new)

Iza Brekilien (izabrekilien) I've just looked at the covers, NSFW lol ! Oh yes, the town definitely seems to deserve its name ! :D

Bwaha I hadn't looked at the covers. LOL Yep that's not a work safe one at all.

message 13: by Sophia (last edited Mar 27, 2014 11:41PM) (new)

Sophia (sophiarose) From this month's reading I enjoyed and thought I'd share with the class: This one for its refreshing take on the rake hero type Lord of the Rakes by Darcie Wilde and this one b/c its a lovely Asian historical romantic suspense and unique. The Jade Temptress (The Pingkang Li Mysteries, #2) by Jeannie Lin

I don't really have a story line or heat preference. I just like to try new authors.

I have both on my oh I hope I can read them soon lists Sophia. lol I love my steamy books but I can get into sweet ones just as easy :)

message 15: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophiarose) Anna's Herding Cats! wrote: "I have both on my oh I hope I can read them soon lists Sophia. lol I love my steamy books but I can get into sweet ones just as easy :)"

LOL! Variety is the spice of life and all that.

Actually, I just felt like I should contribute something to the group since I hadn't so far *hangs head guiltily*. These came to mind. I guess I could put a couple on the erotica challenge page too.

message 16: by Rhona (new)

Rhona Riley (rons23) | 2 comments Hi I am looking for an erotic romances about friends becoming lovers, long lost love or loving from long time. It can be historical erotic.

Rhona wrote: "Hi I am looking for an erotic romances about friends becoming lovers, long lost love or loving from long time. It can be historical erotic."

Rhona have you tried the new series from Maya Banks? The Surrender Trilogy. They're light erotica/bdsm. The first couple the hero has been in love with her for years but had to watch from afar b/c his best friend had married her. (the husband passed away is how they got their chance).

Rhona wrote: "Hi I am looking for an erotic romances about friends becoming lovers, long lost love or loving from long time. It can be historical erotic."

Lora Leigh's Nauti Series as well. I think most are second chance loves or known each other forever but one reason or another couldn't have their romance.