The Infinite Ink Secret Lair: For YA/NA Spec Fic Lovers discussion

General Discussion > Sci-Fi/Fantasy TV Series

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Darcy (nciacchella) | 29 comments Mod
So what sci-fi/fantasy TV series are you guys addicted to? Need to make sure I'm not missing anything!

message 2: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Henley | 12 comments Mod
Nooooooo! I can't get addicted to any TV! (But tell me anyway.) Right now the only thing I'm watching consistently is Downton Abbey. Maggie Smith rocks!

message 3: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Cannon (zoecannon) | 18 comments Mod
This tends to be my approach to TV (case in point: I'm currently working my way through Star Trek: Enterprise because I missed it when it was running), but I've been following Agents of SHIELD. Up until the last two or three episodes I wasn't too impressed with it, but it really seems to be picking up steam now. I hope they can keep it up.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

I like SHIELD. Our rotation also includes: Continuum, Orphan Black, Person of Interest, Bones, Vikings, Game of Thrones, Intelligence, and Helix. And having Netflix streaming has made me watch a bunch of shows I missed the first time around. Case in point, my husband and I are working our way through Buffy the Vampire Slayer, something I never watched in the 90s. We just watched the season three finale a couple of days ago.

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiefrench) | 4 comments Mod
AG I love Downton Abbey!

message 6: by A.G. (new)

A.G. Henley | 12 comments Mod
Who are your favorite charactets, Katie? Mine are the Dowager, Mary, and Anna and Mr. Bates.

Right now we are rabidly watching the Olympics. With several skiers and snowboarders in the house, its inevitable. Thank god its time limited or I might mind meld with the couch.

message 7: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiefrench) | 4 comments Mod
I have to feel badly for Edith, but that doesn't make her my favorite. I love the chemistry between the Dowager and Ms. Crawley. And I am liking Branson more as time goes on.

message 8: by Kea (new)

Kea Alwang (kea_alwang) | 13 comments Mod
Addicted to Supernatural, Dr. Who, Walking Dead, Being Human (although I seem to be missing the current season). I can't wait for another season of that sick, twisted Hemlock Grove, and even though it's a sitcom, I count The Big Bang Theory.

message 9: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments Supernatural, The Tomorrow People, Bitten, Ravenswood, Sleepy Hollow, Once upon a Time, Falling Skies, I know there are probably more, but I just can't seem to pull them out of my brain. I am excited for the premier of Starcrossed....

message 10: by Kea (new)

Sherry.... Sam or Dean?

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

I've watched a season or two of Supernatural. I also used to love Falling Skies, but I haven't watched the latest season yet because the season before kind of let me down.

message 12: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments Kea--Sammy all the way!!

message 13: by Kea (new)

Yes! Sam! I mean Dean is no slouch, but has anyone ever been so damn cute screwing up in the name of trying to do the right thing?

message 14: by Jon (new)

Jon Silva | 2 comments Among today's shows, I like Almost Human and Sleepy Hollow.

message 15: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments Sleepy Hollow is really good. Both my husband & myself think they cast the perfect person when they chose Tom Minson to play the part of Ichabod.

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (sabicas73) | 7 comments I am currently not watching any tv series. Wasn't sure which to try next . I loved Battlestar Gallactica the remake, Lost, V, Flashback, Heroes 1st Season, etc . But lost hope when all my series kept getting canceled. I loved Star trek Next Generation. I just saw that NBC wants to bring back Heroes..

message 17: by Sherry (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments If you haven't watched it yet, CW as a new program called "Starcrossed that's pretty good. It's on Monday nights @ 7:00pm CST If you missed the first 2 episodes you can watch it online:
http://www.cwtv.com/shows/star-crossed

message 18: by Zoe (new)

Zoe Cannon (zoecannon) | 18 comments Mod
Sherry wrote: "If you haven't watched it yet, CW as a new program called "Starcrossed that's pretty good. It's on Monday nights @ 7:00pm CST If you missed the first 2 episodes you can watch it online:
http://www...."

Thanks, Sherry! I've been wanting to see this (it looks a little like Roswell, my obsession when I was thirteen), but I don't have cable, so I figured I'd have to wait for Netflix. I didn't know the episodes were available online.

message 19: by Sherry (last edited Feb 27, 2014 04:35PM) (new)

Sherry Hoernig (fayth97) | 7 comments Oh yes Zoe!! I watch a lot of programs on-line. I just go to the homepage for whatever channel they are on & click watch full episodes. The only one I have a problem with is SYFY. They make you wait a month from the air date of each episode before you can watch an episode. I'd be lost if I couldn't watch online, cuz I tend to be busy when a program I really like comes on.
I can also see why Star-Crossed would put you in mind of Roswell, but it definitely has it's own distinct story line. Not sure how I feel about some of the casting yet, (these are supposed to be 15 & 16 year old kids, but some of them look like they are in their 20's)but overall I do like it. It has potential for sure.

message 20: by Elizabeth (new)

I'm nervously excited about NBC making a Heroes miniseries. I absolutely loved that show and was so upset when the writers strike happened and the show died that horrible, awful death. I hope the reboot will be good. *fingers crossed*

Jon, I love Almost Human. Kennex and Dorian are such a great pair. Their relationship is so much fun. I really hope that show will hang on for at least one more season. I'm dying to find out more about Chromes, and what's on the other side of the wall.