What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ghostboat
This topic is about Ghostboat
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > 80's thriller [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Thom (new)

Thom Faulkner | 8 comments I'm looking for the title/author of a suspense thriller I read circa 1981. I think the book was relatively new at the time, though it might have been published in the very late 70s. If I remember correctly, the narrative was written in first person. I think the main character, male, was a reporter or journalist who lived in Southern California. He was writing an article about an old World War II ship set for scrapping. The boat had been torpedoed, killing all of the men on board. There might have been a hint of reincarnation -with the main character either the reincarnation of one of the dead crewman or perhaps a descendant. There were a number of scenes that took place on the ship, which was haunted. I believe the ghosts wanted to kill the main character or drive him insane. Near the end of the book, he spent a very harrowing night on the ship, which was one of the eeriest and most unsettling descriptions I've ever read in a novel. I read the book as a teenager, and would love to read it again to see if I have the same reaction as a rather jaded adult.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
This book is too recent (1999), but I'll mention it just in case you're interested. A Ship Possessed by Alton Gansky.

message 3: by Kris (new)

Bit of a long shot: Ghostboat by George E. Simpson? The descriptions and reviews on Amazon may be helpful: http://www.amazon.com/Ghostboat-Georg...

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Sounds very much like a movie I saw once. Unfortunately I don't remember the name of the movie or any of the actors in it.

message 5: by Thom (new)

Thom Faulkner | 8 comments Thanks, Kris! It's Ghostboat alright. Appreciate your help :-)

message 6: by Kris (new)

You're welcome. Glad we could help. :)