FRIENDLY BOOKWORMS. discussion

EVERYTHING BOOKS. > WHAT ARE YOU READING RIGHT NOW?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 178 comments Mod
Let's share books we're reading.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Artemis Fowl

Almost done with it: )

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yep: )

It's good: )

Can't believe it took me so long to get to it. lol

message 5: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments New moon

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

good one: )

message 7: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments Ya I'm really enjoying the series

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I've read all but Breaking Dawn

message 9: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments This is the first time I've read them and I just ordered eclipse and breaking dawn on amazon

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

: )

What'd you think of Twilight?

And why don't we move this to the chat.

message 11: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments I really enjoyed twilight and sure

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

K, meet you there: )

message 14: by Maximum (new)

Maximum I'm currently reading "Dexter by Design" by Jeff Lindsay and the last book in the Harry Potter series.

message 15: by Rbbashi (new)

Rbbashi | 13 comments I'm currently reading

" Dear John " by Nicholas Sparks

message 16: by Preeti (new)

Preeti | 1 comments Bombay rains, Bombay girls by Anirban Bose

message 17: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Mar 19, 2014 07:47AM) (new)

♕ ❤  ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (marilyngoodreadscom) | 178 comments Mod
Baby Snatchers by Bo Brennan
Baby Snatchers

When inner city school teacher Terri Davies’ star pupil is left home alone, she’s reluctant to alert the authorities and the messy bureaucratic nightmare it entails. Instead she turns to her sister, Detective India Kane, to quietly locate the missing single mother.

It doesn’t take long. India finds her sectioned in a psychiatric hospital, making wild claims her new born baby was stolen by a leading paediatrician. With no record of a baby ever being born, are her claims the ramblings of a mentally disturbed mind, or, does the baby really exist, as Terri insists? And if he does, where is he? Pressured by her sister with reminders of her own haunted past, India sets out to find the truth.

As head of the Paedophile Unit, India’s lover, AJ Colt has seen it all. But even he isn’t prepared for what his team encounters during a raid on a Hollywood heart-throb’s London home. With a predatory paedophile ring at large, the last thing he needs is for pregnant young women to start disappearing from the care of Social Services. Amid claims of abduction, human trafficking, and black market baby rackets, his investigation leads to Ireland’s wild Atlantic coast, where all is not as it seems.

When the same names start cropping up in both their investigations - Kane and Colt’s cases become entwined, plunging them deep into the secretive world of the Family Court system, an institution whose secrets some will kill to keep.

When it comes to children, who can you really trust?

message 18: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments Eragon

message 19: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) I'm reading Insurgent

message 20: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Apr 03, 2014 04:14PM) (new)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Book Thief.
It is 1939. Nazi Germany. The country is holding its breath. Death has never been busier, and will become busier still.

Liesel Meminger is a foster girl living outside of Munich, who scratches out a meager existence for herself by stealing when she encounters something she can’t resist–books. With the help of her accordion-playing foster father, she learns to read and shares her stolen books with her neighbors during bombing raids as well as with the Jewish man hidden in her basement.

In superbly crafted writing that burns with intensity, award-winning author Markus Zusak, author of I Am the Messenger, has given us one of the most enduring stories of our time

message 21: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (audreybooklover) I'm now reading Allegiant

message 23: by Greeknerd7 (new)

Greeknerd7 | 37 comments City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

message 24: by ♕ ❤ ♕ Princess pink diamonds posh bird LINZY.x.♕ ❤ ♕ (last edited Jun 02, 2015 02:37PM) (new)

The Four Streets by Nadine Dorries
The Four Streets

The Four Streets
by Nadine Dorries
3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  652 ratings  ·  95 reviews
A heartbreaking family saga set in 1950s Liverpool, the first novel from the stunningly talented Nadine Dorries MP.

1950s Liverpool. In the tight-knit Irish Catholic community of the Four Streets, two girls are growing up.

One is motherless – and hated by the cold woman who is determined to take her dead mother's place. Will her adored father wake up to what is happening before it is too late?

The other is hiding a dreadful secret which she dare not let slip to anyone, lest it rips the heart out of the community. And yet, how long can she possibly live with it?

In the Four Streets there is almost nothing that a cup of tea and a good chat won't sort out. Laughing, grieving, hoping for better things – all this the people of the Four Streets can do together. But what can they do when a betrayal at the very heart of their world comes to light?